The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Options

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's definitely not sexual tension between Don and Joan. The exchange they shared in the bar was one of mutual respect and easy camaraderie. Joan is one of the few women Don doesn't have sexual tension with throughout the course of the show. They're both too jaded and know too much about each other to even think of getting involved. Don doesn't respect many women, but he respects Joan. Their relationship goes beyond sexual.

That being said, I believe that's why he was a little heartbroken when he found out about her and Jaguar guy.
    I think he hasn't realized it yet, but Peggy also means more to him than what he thought. Even though he was saddened by her leaving, I think the full import of it hasn't hit yet. He's going to go after her soon.

Another adult joined the conversation.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I wrote a check".
    All my breadwinners knew at that moment, he was gonna commit dat.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO R.I.P to Lane I knew he was going to commit dat after Don told him he done.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad to see Betty acting like a Mom for once wit Sally
  • bignorm
    Options
    Sally doesnt think of Megan as an adult. she thinks of her as a peer.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Gooner wrote: »
    wat? Joan was def throwing the ? at Don
    exactly. the only reason there is not tension, is cuz Don aint feelin her all the way.
    Joan has made it clear since the first season that Don could get it.

What? No. Joan was caught up in a heated affair with Roger for the entire first season. Besides that, Don was not only having an affair with the hippie girl Marge but he also began one with Rachel Menken, the Jewish woman who became their client. Both characters were involved in relationships with other people, and were not in the least bit concerned with each other. There was barely any dialogue between Joan and Don in the first season.

Besides that, Christina Hendricks already addressed this issue in one of her interviews for GQ. She said that there's nothing more to her relationship with Don than a friendship based on mutual respect. She also says that they've seen too much drama around the agency throughout the years to even go there with each other. And even more, creating a sexual relationship between Joan and Don would be plot overload considering all the other story lines going on. In other words, it's not happening.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The two most atrractive people on the show

one has a history of sleeping with Married men, while she was single and when she herself was married, and even prostituted herself out

the other is possibly the most notorious womanizer since Giacomo Casanova who himself has a history of infidelity

both inebriated and openly flirting with each other in a bar, and again go back and peep the dialogue

In Mad Men this is as blatant as sexual tension gets, this isn't reality tv Joan isn't gonna grab his ? and ask if he's down to ?

Now I didn't think that they'd actually have sex cuz Don has changed his ways but he could have ? if he wanted to and last season he probably would have
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The kid who plays Glen is a terrible actor.

RIP Lane
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    exactly. the only reason there is not tension, is cuz Don aint feelin her all the way.
    Joan has made it clear since the first season that Don could get it.

This.

C'mon do yall know women or people at all??? Don't get it twisted - All that respect ? might be what's goin on on the outside, but when a man and a woman are "just chillin" at a bar ... you only have two scenarios: A)One of the two would ? , or B)Both are down to ? .

Human nature. There's a reason Joan lowkey hates on Megan and used to on Betty. (Remember that "that's the type of girl he marries" comment she made to Peggy?)

She would have given her right nipple to be Don's main. Don might find her attractive but like dude said, he's not feelin her all the way.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well at this point we'll just have to see whether they do or don't because I didn't take that away from the bar scene at all. I couldn't disagree more.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow intense episode. This season is shaping up to be the best of the lot.

Don's speech in that room was intense, harkens back to the old Draper. Got the sense that The Firestone? guys were kinda playing him though

Feel bad for Lane, liked dude but could sense he was gonna off himself the way he reacted to Don telling him to resign. You can't embezzle funds, but I think he could be justified in a sense.

Roger was at his brilliant best as always, his interaction with Kenny Cosgrove was on-point. This show's writing is GOAT.

Sally and the other guy need some acting lessons ASAP.
  • No Competition
    No Competition Members Posts: 236 ✭✭
    Options
    Lane was the definition of a ?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lane is/was to ? smart to get caught stealing money.. idiot hung himself and it didn't seem like he tried to find another source to hold him over in his financial bind.

Also he just got honored with an award as a partner of a small company that seems to be gaining some credibility and he didn't try to work somewhere else? He even has a international business background.. Lane took a mean L.

Smh at the Jaguar not starting..

I know this is an episode back but this dude looked like he bust one nut ? with Joan and that's it. 3 nut minimum...? ? and sucking.. ebrc the second, and going straight beastmode the third.
  • bignorm
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    s,h at Joan being home in time to see Don lol.
    same ? i thought.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hmmm...Don just saw his dead brother. I wonder if this is supposed to be a sorta guilt thing seeing as he pretty much caused his brothers death and indirectly, Lanes. Guilt?

Edit: yep
  • imm0rt4l
    Options
    lol Pete stays taking L's.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pete with another couple of L's.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody make a gif of pete getting punched
  • imm0rt4l
    edited June 2012
    Options
    QLCmg.jpg

Megans mom is either really pragmatic, or a real ? . Don opted to nurture her, by helping her get that part, but given the ending it makes me wonder if he thinks less of her now, the way her mother does. As Don was leaving the set, Megan became smaller, smaller....and Don was drinking at a bar like a boss, approached by a beautiful girl. Don gonna turn back the old Don we know and love?

The finale as a whole was kinda weak.
  • bignorm
    Options
    Don's about to go Hammington.

smh at Pete. He has that "Glass Joe" jaw.

I am loving Don's treatment of Megan. He really is building real contempt for her.
    he saw the sadness in her face, and only helped once she felt bad for her actions lol.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    lol Pete stays taking L's.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For every W Pete gets, he earns like 3 L's.. and damn they said he was losing his hair at the beginning of this season that ? was in bad shape in the season finale.

It also looks like the company gonna have a big ass layout, especially if the partners take an entire floor. At least that's what I'm thinking.

And was I the only one to notice on basic cable they started with a warning for brief nudity? Every scene I was hoping it was Joan only to be Roger get high naked (nh).. speaking of which if Roger keep ? around with that ? by himself he gonna accidentally commit that..

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anyone seeing the firm get wreckless with the money they do have, especially now that lane is gone. they buying up space, "more than they need". I know they are caking right now, but mo money mo problems, right? and without the bean counter around, i wonder if they'll run into some difficulties.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    annnnnnnnnnnnnd he's back in the game

RIP ? Whitman, again

WB Don Draper

Don's swag in that last scene at the bar was over 9000
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got done with episode 10...