HIP-HOP COMMUNITY, STAND UP!!! AND SUPPORT #Trayvon Martin

Options

Comments

• StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Like honestly im trying but this whole situation is just filling me with rage. I have a son on the way right now and i can only imagine what Trayvons parents must b going thru. Its getting to the point where i really hate being from this country

but this terrible situation makes me glad i live in this country....imagine if this ? happened in England or France or Holland where racism is much more crueler and worse and hidden. As upset that I am about this situation its nice to see people of all races and walks of life outraged that this happened. Yes there are those bigots that will make excuses for zimmerman behind a computer and some on fox news that blame the "hoodie".

But at the same time this ? is getting coverage and it will lead to Zimmerman's arrest. My great grandmother died 3 years ago but over a decade ago she talked about how she saw people get lynched and nothing could be done to change that. Media did not cover that and the voice of those in the Jim Crow south was never heard. But Treyvon's voice is being heard and i am sure justice will come. Its allot slower than it should come but it will come.

Its 2012......just the fact that all this has to be done to get a conviction for an OBVIOUS crime is sickening. How do u know Zimmerman will be convicted? U don't. Im really sick of u apologist trying every trick in the book to make this situation appear less evil than it really is. Its disgusting and u sir should be ashamed of urself. Its disgusting and a disgrace to live in a country where MOST of its inhabitants think just like Zimmerman. I hate being an American, this country does not represent me or ppl that look like me and it will always be that way.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOX NEWS DIDN'T GIVE TRAYVON MARTIN ENOUGH COVERAGE BUT WATCH HOW MUCH COVERAGE THEY GOING TO GIVE THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman
    Without a government-issued warrant, the organization opens itself up to civil or criminal liability, a lawyer said.
    By Arelis R. Hernandez, Orlando Sentinel

3:51 p.m. CDT, March 24, 2012
    SANFORD — Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, leader Mikhail Muhammad announced during a protest in Sanford today.

When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 10,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland and Jacksonville -- where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. But he declined to say when they will begin their hunt.

Muhammad said the group's national chairman, Dr. Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, D.C. is receiving donations from black entertainers and athletes. They hope to collect $1 million by next week, Muhammad said.

The party said they would not release the names of donors nor would they provide documentation to support the existence of donations.

The New Black Panthers announced the reward at a protest in Sanford Saturday, the activist group's third protest in the past two weeks over the fatal shooting of the Miami Gardens teen.

The group called for Zimmerman's arrest and threatened to find and detain him if police were not willing to do so. But group members didn't call for the mobilization of thousands until Saturday.

Muhammed led the group in chanting "Justice for Trayvon!" and "Black Power!"

"If the government won't do the job, we'll do it," Muhammad said, leading his group of eight party members in chants like "freedom or death" and "justice for Trayvon" while making the iconic gesture of raising their fists into the air.

The party members said they are tired of the inaction of government officials — from Sanford city officials up to the Governor, accusing them of lying and delaying justice.

They accused newly-appointed special prosecutor Angela Corley of being an enemy of the black community.

"She has a track record of sending innocent young black men and women to prison," he said.

Sanford police arrived toward the end of the demonstration Saturday asking onlookers and media to avoid walking into the street in front of The Retreat at Twin Lakes where Trayvon was killed.

As the officer walked back to his cruiser, Muhammad berated and pointed angrily at him saying "If you'd had shown this much concern, Trayvon may still be alive today."

The fiery rhetoric and often profanity-laden diatribes made some visitors to the impromptu memorial uncomfortable.

Pastor Moses Brown of Tampa said he was disappointed with the Panthers' approach.

"We believe in a message of justice, not hate," said Brown, who was in town to pray at the memorial and attend the Monday event at Sanford's Civic Center. "We believe justice will come through the court system."

Brown, who is also the Chief executive officer of Feed Our Children, said he has been meeting with other Christian ministers to discuss the case.

While the Panthers chanted behind him, Brown said "I see parallel versions of how we are coping with this as a community. Some in anger and us, in prayer. But we are in America where we have our rights to expression."

Sanford resident James Tucker said the party's message is about vengeance not justice and will rouse a "lynch mob" that could spiral out of control into a race riot.

"I'm as much for black power as anybody but this is going to alienate the white friends we need to get things done," Tucker said, as he stood across the street from the demonstration.

Former Orange-Osceola County prosecutor Esther Whitehead said the Panthers' bounty opens them up to civil and possibly criminal liability.

"I can't see how anyone can go out and take action as a private citizen without some government action like the issuance of a warrant," she said. "It doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound reasonable."

The Southern Poverty Law Center says the New Black Panther Party, a black-separatist group founded in 1989, is "virulently racist and anti-Semitic," and its leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law officers.

Trayvon was killed Feb. 26 in the gated Retreat at Twin Lakes community while walking back to his father's fiancee's town house. Zimmerman spotted the unarmed teen and called the Sanford Police Department's nonemergency line to report a suspicious person.

Zimmerman shot Travon before officers could respond. Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. He has not been arrested and is not charged with a crime.

This is a breaking-news story. Check back for updates.

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you join the New Black Panther Party?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Black Panther Party =/= Black Panther Party of Newton and Seale
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited March 2012
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't listen cause Plies is wack, but this is an honorable thing to do.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So...Who's gon make a song and shoot cool facebook pictures for Rekia Boyd?...All this "for the cause, for the moment" ? is gettin lame, man...RIP to Trayvon though...
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

can you stop spamming the board?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plies the realist
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont like plies but nice
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like honestly im trying but this whole situation is just filling me with rage. I have a son on the way right now and i can only imagine what Trayvons parents must b going thru. Its getting to the point where i really hate being from this country

but this terrible situation makes me glad i live in this country....imagine if this ? happened in England or France or Holland where racism is much more crueler and worse and hidden. As upset that I am about this situation its nice to see people of all races and walks of life outraged that this happened. Yes there are those bigots that will make excuses for zimmerman behind a computer and some on fox news that blame the "hoodie".

But at the same time this ? is getting coverage and it will lead to Zimmerman's arrest. My great grandmother died 3 years ago but over a decade ago she talked about how she saw people get lynched and nothing could be done to change that. Media did not cover that and the voice of those in the Jim Crow south was never heard. But Treyvon's voice is being heard and i am sure justice will come. Its allot slower than it should come but it will come.

Its 2012......just the fact that all this has to be done to get a conviction for an OBVIOUS crime is sickening. How do u know Zimmerman will be convicted? U don't. Im really sick of u apologist trying every trick in the book to make this situation appear less evil than it really is. Its disgusting and u sir should be ashamed of urself. Its disgusting and a disgrace to live in a country where MOST of its inhabitants think just like Zimmerman. I hate being an American, this country does not represent me or ppl that look like me and it will always be that way.

? ima let you in on something.....life ain't fair and it will never will be. Saying its Insert year here like racism is magically gunna dissapear is dumb its going to be still a long process. Nevertheless it is 10 times better than it was when my grandfather was my age in the jim crow south. While i am extremely outraged by this sad story look at what is already being done. If this was 1960 this would be another murder of a black male killed during the civil rights era. And Zimmerman would have more public praise by whites.

You are extremely misguided if you think the majority of america thinks like zimmerman. Actually you are allowing the media to distort your view of america. Yes many people of all races have prejudices and hatred for people not like them. But there more than half of americans that are not like zimmerman. Hell how else would a half black president get elected that way? I would rather live in america where you can address these issues allot better than many other countries where you really cant.

If you don't wannna live in america go somewhere else. It's far from perfect but allot better than europe where they just had that white dude in norway mass murdering non whites. ? go to england where you literally cannot live in certain neighborhoods still if your black. As ? up as this country still the average black male or female has more oppritunity that any other developed country. Got whip out the name calling and how i should be ashamed of my self but after that name another country where being black is easier and more peaceful while your at it.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    surprisingly this song ain't wack
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool song. Respect Plies for this.

Lets see what YMCMB, MMG, ROC NATION say about and do about something thats actually relevant and meaning in life.
    ***Patiently waits***
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    dope track....

respect 4 plies..

ain't nothin new tho plies been doin ? like this
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    So...Who's gon make a song and shoot cool facebook pictures for Rekia Boyd?...All this "for the cause, for the moment" ? is gettin lame, man...RIP to Trayvon though...

so people should do nothing?
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »

so people should do nothing?

Naw...But what did this do?...Nothin...This ? happens everyday, and makin songs and hoppin trends ain't doin nothin to change it...I just feel like a bunch of people are caring because it's cool right now...Without even understanding the full extent of the case, the problem, or the people involved...People aren't even stopping to look at the situation and the many opinions on it objectively...Same thing wit that stupid KONY 2012 ? ...More people just want a reason to look compassionate and important than actually care about these everyday occurences...Yesterday, I saw hella people on Facebook sharin a photoshopped pic of Obama in a hoodie...And ? was really proud of it like that was really him..."That's my president!"..."We all are Trayvon!"..."Black hoodie, black president!"...Like, all this bandwagon ? just don't sit right with me...It feels like a big episode of the Boondocks, and it frustrates me...But as far as what actually happened to Trayvon and countless other innocent victims of police brutality and/or racial profiling...The ? is terrible, but a bunch of ? takin instagram pictures of themselves in hoodies ain't gon change anything in my opinion...But when ? was holdin rallies across the country, and petitioning the White House to make a statement, and the new Black Panthers put out a bounty for Zimmerman...That's real effective ? that will get results...But we also have to do that for the other unknowns in our communities who deal with things like this everyday, not just the hot story at the moment...

/feelings
    /rant
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thnx to Plies for this. Glad somebody in gangsta rap saying something.....
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    this was some real ? , ? hate on plies cuz 40 ? said he fake,but plies has done some of the realest ? that no other rapper would ever do, including paying children to leave his show, giving children expensive chains, beefing with boosie then squashing it and supporting him, but this is by far the most meaningful and realest ? he could ever do. much respect to plies
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

? ima let you in on something.....life ain't fair and it will never will be. Saying its Insert year here like racism is magically gunna dissapear is dumb its going to be still a long process. Nevertheless it is 10 times better than it was when my grandfather was my age in the jim crow south. While i am extremely outraged by this sad story look at what is already being done. If this was 1960 this would be another murder of a black male killed during the civil rights era. And Zimmerman would have more public praise by whites.

You are extremely misguided if you think the majority of america thinks like zimmerman. Actually you are allowing the media to distort your view of america. Yes many people of all races have prejudices and hatred for people not like them. But there more than half of americans that are not like zimmerman. Hell how else would a half black president get elected that way? I would rather live in america where you can address these issues allot better than many other countries where you really cant.

If you don't wannna live in america go somewhere else. It's far from perfect but allot better than europe where they just had that white dude in norway mass murdering non whites. ? go to england where you literally cannot live in certain neighborhoods still if your black. As ? up as this country still the average black male or female has more oppritunity that any other developed country. Got whip out the name calling and how i should be ashamed of my self but after that name another country where being black is easier and more peaceful while your at it.

Shut the ? up ? . No-one wants to hear your hoe ass tirade about how good and progressive America is. One thing I know about life you little ? is that you have to keep proving yourself. I know that from being a black male and that is the best way to get to know that truth. America has to prove herself everyday that she is not the same prejudice black male hating land field that she has been accused of being and has proven to be through so many situations. This is about this kid no-one needs a weak ? like yourself using this for a platform to discuss how far we have come. We obviously have not come far enough if you can't even get a case to the courts. This ? is basically vigilante mess. Let the courts decide.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    As everyone knows the Treyvon Martin case has caught the entire country by storm. It is now offically 1 month later and his killer still has not been arrested. America has shown time and time again that they do not care about Black People. When KanYe said it about Bush, he was called a racist but KanYe spoke for Black America. Hip Hop is a global artform but at it's core it's still the language of the young black male in America. This thread is to think of some lyrics from your favorite rappers that apply to the Treyvon Martin case. I'll get it started:

"Stereotypes of a Black Male Misunderstood"

This Lyric Big talks about how soceity constantly misunderstands the Black Male Experience. Sadly Big message is still being felt as a kid with some skittles and ice tea who had a hoodie on was murdered cause the killer was using the same stereotypes that have affected Black Males for years. Peace Treyvon, your legacy will be great message that we are still in the fight for our lives.

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We like to forget how often black people ? black people.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    imILL wrote: »

Yea but the fact of the matter is Whites have killed way more blacks then they've killed themselves in American History. And that isn't the point of the situation. The fact is if Treyvon would been a white kid, the guy would of been arrested immediately but since he's black, they didn't care, used lame laws and covered up the whole case. Mind you the police department in Florida is run by a white man. It's clear racism is still very strong in this country even with a Black President. As more and more protest happen for Treyvon, this Tupac Lyrics from "Changes" comes to mind:

"They didn't listen till motherfuckas burned it down" - 2 PAC

Tupac was refering to the Rodney King Beating and how Black reacted to injustice. America better be careful, Black America will riot again if we continue to get ? on like they are doing to Treyvon. I don't agree with everything Obama has done and as a Black male, I feel he should speak out more on Black Issues but what he said about Treyvon was one of the most memorable things of his whole presidency:

"If I had a son, he'd look like Treyvon" - Obama

If you look at that quote at face value, you scratch your head but if you really think about the quote, he was saying that if he had a son, he would look like Treyvon, meaning he would be black like Treyvon, could of been wearing a hoodie like Treyvon and be shot like Treyvon. The President's Son. Very powerful quote, Obama got major props for that. He was letting white amercia know, this racism stuff has to stop, we killing 17 yr old black males now coming from the store with No weapons?, SMH.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    imILL wrote: »

Yea but the fact of the matter is Whites have killed way more blacks then they've killed themselves in American History. And that isn't the point of the situation. The fact is if Treyvon would been a white kid, the guy would of been arrested immediately but since he's black, they don't care use lame laws and cover up the whole cast. Mind you the police department in Florida is run by a white man. It's clear racism is still very strong in this country even with a Black President. As more and more protest happen for Treyvon, this Tupac Lyrics from "Changes" comes to mind:

"They didn't listen till motherfuckas burned it down"

Tupac was refering to the Rodney King Beating and how Black reacted to injustice. America better be careful, Black America will riot again if we continue to get ? on like they are doing to Treyvon. I don't agree with everyone Obama has done but what he said about Treyvon was one of the most memorable things of his whole presidency:

"If I had a son, he'd look like Treyvon" - Obama

If you look at that quote at face value, you scratch your head but if you really think about the quote, he was saying that if he had a son, he would look like Treyvon, meaning he would be black like Treyvon, could of been wearing a hoodie like Treyvon and be shot like Treyvon. The President's Son. Very powerful quote, Obama got major props for that. He was letting white amercia know, this racism stuff has to stop, we killing 17 black males now coming from the store with No weapons?, SMH.

I read an article on a black man who was not arrested in Florida for a similar reason.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2109511,00.html

Its a good read.