HIP-HOP COMMUNITY, STAND UP!!! AND SUPPORT #Trayvon Martin

Options

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a black male. I signed the petition. I support this whole Treyvon Martin situation for the fact he was a young male killed in cold blood. Not because he's black, but because the killer wasn't arrested. I'm not looking at this as a "Black" thing cause the majority of my friends have been shot or killed, (as recent as this weekend, actually) by other black people. This whole movement is needed, but a black person being killed is not new news. All of my favorite artist embrace killing people. We all need to better across the board.
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    We like to forget how often black people ? black people.

Yea but the fact of the matter is Whites have killed way more blacks then they've killed themselves in American History. And that isn't the point of the situation. The fact is if Treyvon would been a white kid, the guy would of been arrested immediately but since he's black, they don't care use lame laws and cover up the whole cast. Mind you the police department in Florida is run by a white man. It's clear racism is still very strong in this country even with a Black President. As more and more protest happen for Treyvon, this Tupac Lyrics from "Changes" comes to mind:

"They didn't listen till motherfuckas burned it down"

Tupac was refering to the Rodney King Beating and how Black reacted to injustice. America better be careful, Black America will riot again if we continue to get ? on like they are doing to Treyvon. I don't agree with everyone Obama has done but what he said about Treyvon was one of the most memorable things of his whole presidency:

"If I had a son, he'd look like Treyvon" - Obama

If you look at that quote at face value, you scratch your head but if you really think about the quote, he was saying that if he had a son, he would look like Treyvon, meaning he would be black like Treyvon, could of been wearing a hoodie like Treyvon and be shot like Treyvon. The President's Son. Very powerful quote, Obama got major props for that. He was letting white amercia know, this racism stuff has to stop, we killing 17 black males now coming from the store with No weapons?, SMH.

I read an article on a black man who was not arrested in Florida for a similar reason.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2109511,00.html

Its a good read.

I read it, and the man should be charged. Is Dooley currently locked up, or is he free? If he posted bail I will count that as being locked up. Seems like prosecutors has charged Dooley with manslaughter, while nothing has been done to ZImmerman.

Maybe that's why the Trayvon case is getting more attention.

As for the bold, I didn't see anything about them not arresting Dooley, just that his lawyers are using the "stand your ground" law as a defense.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with @ImILL it's brothas killin brothas everyday, but thats normal though? thats acceptable? R.I.P. to young Treyvon he didn't deserve that, it was wrong, but we should have the nation outraged whenever a brotha is killed. it's a black man looking to ? a black man right now, and the majority of the time the murders go unsolved, but this one "latino" dude kills a young black male and we acting like we need malcolm and martin back? lets look at the bigger picture, life is precious no matter who's takin it away.
  • FyHunnit
    Options

I read it, and the man should be charged. Is Dooley currently locked up, or is he free? If he posted bail I will count that as being locked up. Seems like prosecutors has charged Dooley with manslaughter, while nothing has been done to ZImmerman.

Maybe that's why the Trayvon case is getting more attention.

As for the bold, I didn't see anything about them not arresting Dooley, just that his lawyers are using the "stand your ground" law as a defense.

Yeah, that's the only difference (Dooley was charged) but there's a chance he can walk away a free man, per that article.
    I believe Zimmerman will be charged on April 10th for at least man-slaughter since the case will be looked at a little deeper.

IMO, this whole situation may not have been as public if the killing was in a state where there are no "Shoot First" laws.
    I think this Case really exploits the holes in Florida's gun laws more then anything. Like that article states,

The 2005 Florida law permits anyone, anywhere to use deadly force against another person if they believe their safety or life is in danger, and it's the state's usually futile task to prove that the act wasn't justified. Little wonder the St. Petersburg Times found that five years after the law was signed by then Governor Jeb Bush — who called it a "good, commonsense anti-crime" bill — claims of justifiable homicides in Florida more than tripled, from just over 30 to more than 100 in 2010. In that time, the stand-your-ground defense was used in 93 cases involving 65 deaths — and in the majority of those cases, it worked.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2109511,00.html#ixzz1q90wVguT

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think white folks and ? -Negroes should pull a Don Imus and blame "? " or at least make this a non-racial issue so they won't upset white folks.....protect Massah at all costs y'all.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a black male. I signed the petition. I support this whole Treyvon Martin situation for the fact he was a young male killed in cold blood. Not because he's black, but because the killer wasn't arrested. I'm not looking at this as a "Black" thing cause the majority of my friends have been shot or killed, (as recent as this weekend, actually) by other black people. This whole movement is needed, but a black person being killed is not new news. All of my favorite artist embrace killing people. We all need to better across the board.

I dont think it's more so about how a White man/Hispanic killed a Black boy but the way the System reacted to it. They arrest Black ppl everyday for killing another black person. If that was a Black male claiming self defense he would be locked up regardless if he killed a black male or not. This is more about the system and the blatant disregard of ANY type of Justice....

And then you have Geraldo saying Black/Dark Hispanic ppl shouldnt wear Hoodies even if its Raining and Nancy Grace ignoring the story ALL together. It just shows that White ppl dont care about Blacks and To Be Honest i dont think its a bad thing. You look out for YOUR kind which is common sense and Human nature. But BLACKS just missed that Memo so it seems like there's NO justice for us on either side.

• Lambent
    Options
    Blacks do care when other blacks ? people.

Who said it's normal or acceptable? :/

Please don't say your favorite rapper.

If blacks ? each other over some hood ? , people ten not to care, if an innocent black gets killed, people do care.

Like that Chicago kid that got caught up in the middle of that fight in the hood, and got his head stomped.

• H-Rap 180
    Options
    a kid was murdered so lets bring up unrelated murders because that helps everyone...

Lawdy! Y'all need to hush-up 'fore Massah hear you and we gets in a whole heap-o-trouble!

You ni99ers ? each other all the time so why you militant revolutionaries with your Kufi's and beanie-pie playing the race-card over the death of some child that got murdered in cold blood by an adult because he fit the profile of a cat-burglar with stolen candy & juice?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lambent wrote: »

If blacks ? each other over some hood ? , people ten not to care, if an innocent black gets killed, people do care.

Like that Chicago kid that got caught up in the middle of that fight in the hood, and got his head stomped.

im from Chicago and Derrion wasnt innocent..
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in here trying to divert the thread like a mug.

"It's cool that this fat ? killed this "? ? " because Blacks ? Blacks all the time...I also believe whites should be able to say ? because Blacks say it to. Mac Miller, Yelawolf and Eminem are the best rappers to ever do it"

But I digress...."? the police comin straight from the underground/ A young ? got it bad cause I'm brown"

• StoneColdMikey
    Options
    After zimmerman gets arrested and people move on from this ? , i believe we need to aggressively fix our black communities, like in Chicago lil girls and boys get shot up by our OWN PEOPLE, and that barely makes new coverage. Why is that? cuz people expect that kinda things to happen? This isn't acceptable at all. ? like that happen here all the time. We need as a people to unite and stop all this killing.
  • Lambent
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »

Damn, what that ? do?
  • FyHunnit
    edited March 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I think white folks and ? -Negroes should pull a Don Imus and blame "? " or at least make this a non-racial issue so they won't upset white folks.....protect Massah at all costs y'all.

LOL .. WTF are you even talking about?
    Can you name the "Massah" that's involved in this?
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options

Damn, what that ? do?

he the one started the altercation, and it was an altercation before that, but all he was doing was helpin his friend out
  • FyHunnit
    Options
    GZus wrote: »
    ? in here trying to divert the thread like a mug.

"It's cool that this fat ? killed this "? ? " because Blacks ? Blacks all the time...I also believe whites should be able to say ? because Blacks say it to. Mac Miller, Yelawolf and Eminem are the best rappers to ever do it"

But I digress...."? the police comin straight from the underground/ A young ? got it bad cause I'm brown"

LOL ... its sad because Blacks do ? Blacks all the time.
    This whole "Black Power" rally we lookin for doesn't change ? in our own community.

• FyHunnit
    Options
    After zimmerman gets arrested and people move on from this ? , i believe we need to aggressively fix our black communities, like in Chicago lil girls and boys get shot up by our OWN PEOPLE, and that barely makes new coverage. Why is that? cuz people expect that kinda things to happen? This isn't acceptable at all. ? like that happen here all the time. We need as a people to unite and stop all this killing.

c/s.

If we aint tryna push this movement to other area's in our society, we might as was move on when Zimmerman is arrested.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man stretch armstrong and mister fantastic have nothing on the reach ability of Rapmastermind we have a a treyvon thread homie and your lyrics quoted in your make everything biggie relate barley fall into context of general issues with stereotypes and black males and have truly nothing to do with Treyvon nice try though...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    man stretch armstrong and mister fantastic have nothing on the reach ability of Rapmastermind we have a a treyvon thread homie and your lyrics quoted in your make everything biggie relate barley fall into context of general issues with stereotypes and black males and have truly nothing to do with Treyvon nice try though...
    \

I know it pains you that Biggie spit some socially consious lyrics cause it voids out your hate and false belief that he never said anything positive or meaningful. That line in Juicy applies to Treyvon just like it applies to me as a black male in America. But go ahead and continue to hate. Cause Treyvon is dead for being that same misunderstood stereotyped and profiled black male that Biggie was rapping about. Zimmerman, stereotype Treyvon cause of the misconsections and misunderstanding of the black male experience. Again since you hate on Big you choose not to see that he did spit social consious rhymes and the line from Juicy very much is relevent to what happen to Treyvon.

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know it pains you that Biggie spit some socially consious lyrics cause it voids out your hate and false belief that he never said anything positive or meaningful. That line in Juicy applies to Treyvon just like it applies to me as a black male in America. But go ahead and continue to hate. Cause Treyvon is dead for being that same misunderstood stereotyped and profiled black male that Biggie was rapping about.
    alrighty then Homie whatever makes your day better, but you could have quoted any number of rappers with lyrics that not only more accurately described the Treyvon situation but also said rappers consistantly spoke on these things not a passing single part of a line in a song. Find some new intricate way through 6 degrees of seperation to fullfill your Biggie Connection fetish for the day...

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Like honestly im trying but this whole situation is just filling me with rage. I have a son on the way right now and i can only imagine what Trayvons parents must b going thru. Its getting to the point where i really hate being from this country

but this terrible situation makes me glad i live in this country....imagine if this ? happened in England or France or Holland where racism is much more crueler and worse and hidden. As upset that I am about this situation its nice to see people of all races and walks of life outraged that this happened. Yes there are those bigots that will make excuses for zimmerman behind a computer and some on fox news that blame the "hoodie".

But at the same time this ? is getting coverage and it will lead to Zimmerman's arrest. My great grandmother died 3 years ago but over a decade ago she talked about how she saw people get lynched and nothing could be done to change that. Media did not cover that and the voice of those in the Jim Crow south was never heard. But Treyvon's voice is being heard and i am sure justice will come. Its allot slower than it should come but it will come.

Its 2012......just the fact that all this has to be done to get a conviction for an OBVIOUS crime is sickening. How do u know Zimmerman will be convicted? U don't. Im really sick of u apologist trying every trick in the book to make this situation appear less evil than it really is. Its disgusting and u sir should be ashamed of urself. Its disgusting and a disgrace to live in a country where MOST of its inhabitants think just like Zimmerman. I hate being an American, this country does not represent me or ppl that look like me and it will always be that way.
    Like honestly im trying but this whole situation is just filling me with rage. I have a son on the way right now and i can only imagine what Trayvons parents must b going thru. Its getting to the point where i really hate being from this country

but this terrible situation makes me glad i live in this country....imagine if this ? happened in England or France or Holland where racism is much more crueler and worse and hidden. As upset that I am about this situation its nice to see people of all races and walks of life outraged that this happened. Yes there are those bigots that will make excuses for zimmerman behind a computer and some on fox news that blame the "hoodie".

But at the same time this ? is getting coverage and it will lead to Zimmerman's arrest. My great grandmother died 3 years ago but over a decade ago she talked about how she saw people get lynched and nothing could be done to change that. Media did not cover that and the voice of those in the Jim Crow south was never heard. But Treyvon's voice is being heard and i am sure justice will come. Its allot slower than it should come but it will come.

Its 2012......just the fact that all this has to be done to get a conviction for an OBVIOUS crime is sickening. How do u know Zimmerman will be convicted? U don't. Im really sick of u apologist trying every trick in the book to make this situation appear less evil than it really is. Its disgusting and u sir should be ashamed of urself. Its disgusting and a disgrace to live in a country where MOST of its inhabitants think just like Zimmerman. I hate being an American, this country does not represent me or ppl that look like me and it will always be that way.

? ima let you in on something.....life ain't fair and it will never will be. Saying its Insert year here like racism is magically gunna dissapear is dumb its going to be still a long process. Nevertheless it is 10 times better than it was when my grandfather was my age in the jim crow south. While i am extremely outraged by this sad story look at what is already being done. If this was 1960 this would be another murder of a black male killed during the civil rights era. And Zimmerman would have more public praise by whites.

You are extremely misguided if you think the majority of america thinks like zimmerman. Actually you are allowing the media to distort your view of america. Yes many people of all races have prejudices and hatred for people not like them. But there more than half of americans that are not like zimmerman. Hell how else would a half black president get elected that way? I would rather live in america where you can address these issues allot better than many other countries where you really cant.

If you don't wannna live in america go somewhere else. It's far from perfect but allot better than europe where they just had that white dude in norway mass murdering non whites. ? go to england where you literally cannot live in certain neighborhoods still if your black. As ? up as this country still the average black male or female has more oppritunity that any other developed country. Got whip out the name calling and how i should be ashamed of my self but after that name another country where being black is easier and more peaceful while your at it.

Shut the ? up ? . No-one wants to hear your hoe ass tirade about how good and progressive America is. One thing I know about life you little ? is that you have to keep proving yourself. I know that from being a black male and that is the best way to get to know that truth. America has to prove herself everyday that she is not the same prejudice black male hating land field that she has been accused of being and has proven to be through so many situations. This is about this kid no-one needs a weak ? like yourself using this for a platform to discuss how far we have come. We obviously have not come far enough if you can't even get a case to the courts. This ? is basically vigilante mess. Let the courts decide.

Did your blind ignorant ass miss the part where i said we are at a point where we are perfect? Nope...all I said is we are still working on progressing as a nation and we have made progress none the less. Unless you can have supporting details on how life as a black man is worse than it was for my grandparents in the jim crow south than now your crybaby feeling felt response dont meant ? . Likewise untill you can name another country that it is better to be an average black male and feel like you are truly free let me know about it. The whole world is ? up and as ? up as america is its still miles ahead of any other nation as far as being a black male.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The New Black Panther Party now offering a million dollars for the capture of Zimmerman
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    a kid was murdered so lets bring up unrelated murders because that helps everyone...

Lawdy! Y'all need to hush-up 'fore Massah hear you and we gets in a whole heap-o-trouble!

You ni99ers ? each other all the time so why you militant revolutionaries with your Kufi's and beanie-pie playing the race-card over the death of some child that got murdered in cold blood by an adult because he fit the profile of a cat-burglar with stolen candy & juice?

U see em right? Ignorant racist kills innocent black male but its the black community that has to do better??? Disgust at these Toms defending this ?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LOOK AT THIS OUTLANDISH FUCKERY, ? COMING OUT THE ? 'S HOUSE, he said the Zimmerman said Goon and not ? on those 911 tapes, and the new generation of kids use the word Goon as a term of endearment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3C-P0Rm1Ow&feature=g-logo&context=G25f2befFOAAAAAAAAAA
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Makes me mad that this scumbag wasn't arrested after the shooting. If he walks away with a slap on the wrist it'll be a step backwards for equality in the world.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IplP8Eb-Qtw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The movement isn't just a down South thing, it's a movement on the West Coast too.