HIP-HOP COMMUNITY, STAND UP!!! AND SUPPORT #Trayvon Martin

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A human life was taken and justice should be served. All the arguments over whether this is a civil, criminal, social, racial or whatever is irrelevant. An unarmed person was murdered. That's an injustice no matter from which perspective you look at it.

The real civil, criminal, social, racial matter lies with the crooked judicial system that refuses to use logic when looking at the situation. Zimmerman's self defense claims do not make sense when compared to his call. Trayvon was clearly not armed. Justice shows no prejudice, favortism, or bias, unfortunately the United States operates under the mask of a democracy in which a majority rules. For us that are minorities, we are disenfranchised, misrepresented, or not represented at all when our views and issues don't line up with that majority.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    750k signed the petition and it's aiming for a million. TODAY ACROSS AMERICA IS THE MILLION HOODIE MARCH, MARCHERS ARE WEARING HOODIES TO PROTEST THE MURDER OF TRAYVON MARTIN
  • waterproof
    Options
    Trayvon Martin Case: State Attorney To Convene Grand Jury To Investigate Shooting
    The state attorney in Seminole County, Fla., said that a grand jury will be convened to investigate the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed 17-year-old whose killing at the hands of a neighborhood watch captain in an Orlando suburb has become national news.

"I share in the desire of the family and the community to accurately collect and evaluate all the facts surrounding the tragic death of Trayvon Martin," Norm Wolfinger, the local state prosecutor, said in a statement. "The public is entitled to no less than a thorough, deliberate, and just review of the facts. We intend to honor that commitment."

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch member who admitted to shooting Martin, has not been arrested or charged in the case. The police department in Sanford, Fl. have come under scrutiny for not bringing charges against Zimmerman. Last week, local prosecutors turned the case over to the state attorney.

Wolfinger said the grand jury would be called into session on April 10.

The lawyers for Martin's family, however, said that the move is a way for the Sanford's local police and prosecutors to pass the buck.

The news comes just hours after the U.S. Justice Department and the FBI said they would look into the "facts and circumstances" surrounding Martin's shooting
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options
    City leaders pass no-confidence vote in Sanford police chief; protests spread to New York

By TINA SUSMAN
    Los Angeles Times

Published: Wednesday, Mar. 21, 2012 - 1:00 am

SANFORD, Fla. -- In a tense meeting Wednesday that highlighted growing tensions over the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager, city commissioners here passed a vote of no confidence in the police chief, as protests spread north to New York City, where the slain youth's parents joined a march demanding the killer's arrest.

The no-confidence measure passed 3 to 2 after more than an hour of debate. Though it was not binding, the outcome and the public groans and applause that punctuated the debate underscored the anger pulsing through the Orlando suburb nearly a month after 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's death on Feb. 26.

Most of that anger is focused on the fact that the admitted shooter, 28-year-old George Zimmerman, who has been described as both Latino and white, has not been arrested.

Dozens of Sanford residents gathered in the Sanford City Hall, where City Commissioner Mark McCarty set the tone for the meeting by noting that he had called for Police Chief Bill Lee's ouster 10 days earlier in a meeting with the city manager, Norton N. Bonaparte Jr.

"I take no pleasure in publicly flogging our police chief. He's a good man," McCarty said.

But McCarty said questions surrounding the case, and the negative publicity cast upon the city since the killing, were largely the result of mishandling of the investigation. The questions, he said, include whether police were too quick to accept Zimmerman's claim that he fired in self-defense, despite the fact that Martin was unarmed and that witnesses described hearing someone wailing for help before a gunshot rang out.

A lawyer representing Martin's family, Benjamin Crump, has said that the teenager was on a cellphone with his girlfriend and expressed concern that he was being followed by a strange man in the seconds before he was shot. And two women who live near the shooting scene have said that Martin was lying face-down, with Zimmerman looming over him, after he was shot.

"If it was self-defense, why was he (Zimmerman) on Trayvon's back?" one of the witnesses, Mary Cutcher, told CNN in an interview.

City Commissioners Patty Mahany and Randy Jones argued against the no-confidence vote, saying the city needed to wait for the outcomes of a grand jury inquiry scheduled for April 10 and a Department of Justice investigation. "A rush to judgment in any situation is wrong," said Mahany, calling the no-confidence motion a "knee-? reaction."

Only the city manager, Bonaparte, can fire Lee or ask for his resignation, and he gave no indication he planned to do so. But as speaker after speaker, black and white, took to the microphone to question why Zimmerman had not been arrested, it was clear that Bonaparte faced pressure that showed no sign of diminishing.

The Rev. Al Sharpton was due to lead a rally in Sanford on Thursday, and the city was planning for hundreds and possibly thousands of people at a special meeting Monday night to focus on the case.

In Manhattan's Union Square, hundreds of people marched in memory of the slain teenager in a so-called Million Hoodie March on Wednesday, including Martin's parents. Martin was wearing a hooded sweatshirt when he was killed while walking back from a store where he had purchased some candy and a drink.

"We're not going to stop until we get justice," said the teenager's father, Tracy Martin, after thanking the crowd in New York, which chanted, "We want arrests," according to The Associated Press.

"My son did not deserve to die," the teen's mother, Sybrina Fulton, told the crowd, AP reported. "My heart is in pain, but to see the support of all of you really makes a difference."

More than a dozen people spoke at the Sanford meeting, the overwhelming majority of them black Sanford residents complaining that the Police Department was quick to arrest blacks while letting whites accused of similar offenses to go free. Several of them described arbitrary arrests and harassment by police.

"I was born and raised in Sanford, and I've had this problem plenty of times," said Robin Riggins, a black woman.

One resident, however, spoke in favor of Lee, arguing that the case should be allowed to "run its course."

"There's two sides to every story," said the resident, a white man who said he had lived in Sanford for decades. "We can't rush to judgment and have Chief Lee be responsible for everything that occurs if we find out in an investigation he did his job."

He noted that Lee had only been on the job 10 months.

Lee took over after the previous chief was forced out following an outcry over the beating of a black man in downtown Sanford by a white man who is a police officer's son. The police did not arrest the man, even though the beating was captured on video

• waterproof
    edited March 2012
    Options
    The Brother Norton N. Bonaparte Jr was on MSNBC Lawrence O'Donnell "The LAST WORD" and The City leaders voted 3-2 No confidence vote and Norton N. Bonaparte have the authority to fire Bill Lee and he said on Lawrence O'Donnell show that he wants a independt investigation and he's thinking on suspending Bill Lee and considering firing Bill Lee. Ciry Manager said on the show that the report that Bill Lee gave to him and the public have major inconsistencies
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After some deep thought, I have come to the conclusion that "George Zimmerman" is either under the witness protection with the U.S. Marshalls or a federal informant. A. What Hispanic male name is George Zimmerman. B. No one sees this guy commute to and from a place of employment C. All of his past offenses have ended in his charges being ultimately dropped, for no other reason but the sake of being dropped. We need some paper work on this cat for real
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i hate being 17 and not being able to participate aint ? like this that is not in Chicago
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Death Penalty for Zimmerman

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been a month, it's obvious that Trayvon not gonna get the justice that he rightfully deserves. Karma's a ? tho, so it's gonna catch up with him sooner or later.

? a Kony, zimmerman 2012
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rV-kHFZZ85g

for those who haven't seen this yet. This whole incident is just sickening. Don't trust these white folks....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea nothign is going to happen to zimmerman in the justice system. glad folks still talking about this and not brushing it away
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    Options
    Although its been a month & no arrest justice will b served!! Its 2012 & we still tolerating dis sh*t????
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I try to not let racism affect me but when i saw this i started feeling the black mans burden. This ? is getting old for real. That police station needs to be handled. They need to be made an example.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Students in Carol City High walked outta class to protest for him today
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    petition signed.
  • infamous114
    edited March 2012
    Options
    MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (WSVN) -- Students from Miami Carol City High have walked out of class, into the street, to protest the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

The students left the school, located at Northwest 34th Avenue and 187th Street, around noon, Thursday, during their lunch break. Dozens walked into the streets, among cars, stopping traffic. Some carried signs.

The students said the march was to show support of the family of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a boy from Miami Gardens, who was shot dead in Central Florida, while visiting his father in the small town of Sanford. A community watch neighborhood patrolman is alleged to have shot the unarmed teen.

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007013222018/miami-students-walk-out-to-protest-teen-shooting/#ixzz1psAtM4J5

tumblr_m1awmtlsCG1qap9gno1_500.jpg
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I bet dude who did it is spanish too. Remember how i constantly talked about arabs/spanish people and how ? love to act like they are the same as us and how only white people are racist or whatever, now what? I'm telling y'all. I''m not even sure dude is of spanish descent but alot of spanish muthafuckas look at themselves as white men in AmeriKKKa, so they do ? like this to prove to white people that they are "different than the rest of the minorities".