HIP-HOP COMMUNITY, STAND UP!!! AND SUPPORT #Trayvon Martin

Options

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    the incident should not be about not trusting white folks because as this killing shows the clown was half hispanic. hell some white folks died in church bombings/protests standing alongside their black brothers and sisters during the civil rights era. It should be about educating all races how it feels to be profiled and attacked just because of your skin color.

hispanicz r WHITE tho...

*Hispanics **are ***why you gotta have all the letters in white capitalized you think they better than other races?

Hispanics are not white according to our country. yes thousands of them pretend to be white by filling out the census as white but they really are not. If that is the case the border debates would not exist. Yes hispanics with more white features can get away with blending into white society but they still are not considered white by society.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I bet dude who did it is spanish too. Remember how i constantly talked about arabs/spanish people and how ? love to act like they are the same as us and how only white people are racist or whatever, now what? I'm telling y'all. I''m not even sure dude is of spanish descent but alot of spanish muthafuckas look at themselves as white men in AmeriKKKa, so they do ? like this to prove to white people that they are "different than the rest of the minorities".

And while i think they need to allow more legal immigrants from latin america these illegal immigrants are killing black folk too. people who soley think white folks is the only people racist trying to ? black folk are erroneously misled. Hispanics hate us as well as some arabs too.

• StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rV-kHFZZ85g

for those who haven't seen this yet. This whole incident is just sickening. Don't trust these white folks....

the incident should not be about not trusting white folks because as this killing shows the clown was half hispanic. hell some white folks died in church bombings/protests standing alongside their black brothers and sisters during the civil rights era. It should be about educating all races how it feels to be profiled and attacked just because of your skin color.

A Hispanic man who identifies as a white male. Ur master doesn't need your help, hell he doesn't even like you TOM. Do not trust white ppl......u can be around them and even fratenize with them from time to time but NEVER trust them.......even if your a magical ? such as yourself
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LOL@ magical ? ..
    *Hispanics **are ***why you gotta have all the letters in white capitalized you think they better than other races?

Hispanics are not white according to our country. yes thousands of them pretend to be white by filling out the census as white but they really are not. If that is the case the border debates would not exist. Yes hispanics with more white features can get away with blending into white society but they still are not considered white by society.

huh????????? HISPANICZ come from SPAIN which is n EUROPE so YES HISPANICZ R WHITE so of course a hispanic is gonna claim white cuz thatz wat they r they r from EUROPE ? wat white emerica is talkin about cuz that is nonsense LATINOZ do not come from SPAIN cuz they r n da CARRIBEAN ISLANDZ & S. & C. EMERICA that ? is no wherr near EUROPE....therr is a difference between a HISPANIC & a LATINO imean therr is mo AFRO LATINOZ then therrz AFRO EMERICANZ thatz cuz therr was mo blkz/africanz brought 2 da carribean islandz & s. & c. emerica then white emerica
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hispanicz r WHITE tho...

I hear what you're saying but remember 'Hispanic' is not a race. There are Black hispanics, White hispanics, and everything in-betweeen:
    A black Hispanic:
    Zoe-Saldana1.jpg

A white Hispanic:
    259011.jpg

George Zimmerman is a White Hispanic.
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ^ dont u mean thatz a BLK LATINA?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I see people still don't understand the difference between Hispanic and Latino. If you come from a country that speaks Spanish, you're HISPANIC. Mexicans are HISPANIC and also LATINO at the same time. Me being Nicaraguan, I'm Hispanic and Latino. Brazilians aren't hispanic since Brazil wasn't conquered by the Spanish they were conquered by the Portuguese, they're latinos.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see people still don't understand the difference between Hispanic and Latino. If you talk from a country that speaks Spanish, you're HISPANIC. Mexicans are HISPANIC and also LATINO at the same time. Me being Nicaraguan, I'm Hispanic and Latino. Brazilians aren't hispanic, they're latinos.

Thanks for the knowledge drop.

For the record Zoe Saldana the first chick is Dominican and Puerto Rican, and Andy Garcia the second dude is Cuban American.

• infamous114
    Options

The terms "Hispanic" or "Latino" refer to persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Spanish speaking Central and South America countries, and other Spanish cultures. Origin can be considered as the heritage, nationality group, lineage, or country of the person or the person's parents or ancestors before their arrival in the United States. People who identify their origin as Hispanic or Latino may be of any race.
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I see people still don't understand the difference between Hispanic and Latino. If you come from a country that speaks Spanish, you're HISPANIC. Mexicans are HISPANIC and also LATINO at the same time. Me being Nicaraguan, I'm Hispanic and Latino. Brazilians aren't hispanic since Brazil wasn't conquered by the Spanish they were conquered by the Portuguese, they're latinos.

that dont make sense tho cuz if a mexican or u went 2 spain them white hispanicz would not c yall as kin imean correct me if im wrong....i c yall as LATINOZ yall do speak da same spanish language as hispanicz but thatz only cuz them hispanic crackaz came ova herr wherr they had no biznizz & forced yall 2 speak that ? ...
  • infamous114
    edited March 2012
    Options

that dont make sense tho cuz if a mexican or u went 2 spain them white hispanicz would not c yall as kin imean correct me if im wrong yall do speak da same language but thatz only cuz them hispanic crackaz came ova herr wherr they had no biznizz & forced yall 2 speak that ? ...

People from Spain aren't known as Hispanics though. That only applies to Latin America and you're right they would look down on people like myself. They think we're Native Americans and primitive
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rV-kHFZZ85g

for those who haven't seen this yet. This whole incident is just sickening. Don't trust these white folks....

A Hispanic man who identifies as a white male. Ur master doesn't need your help, hell he doesn't even like you TOM. Do not trust white ppl......u can be around them and even fratenize with them from time to time but NEVER trust them.......even if your a magical ? such as yourself

not saying you should trust white people is ignorant (and i dont have to bold that to add a false sense of signifigance. You can name call me all you want but the same brother who is the reason we have the freedoms we have, Dr. King, never judged an entire race of people based off what some people from a race felt and acted on. If you don't learn to give people a chance to earn your trust because of their race you will suffer greatly in this ever global world. In this world its hard to trust many people black white whatever but there are still people you cant trust.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    The terms "Hispanic" or "Latino" refer to persons who trace their origin or descent to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Spanish speaking Central and South America countries, and other Spanish cultures. Origin can be considered as the heritage, nationality group, lineage, or country of the person or the person's parents or ancestors before their arrival in the United States. People who identify their origin as Hispanic or Latino may be of any race.

ok...but i still think hispanicz r white & latinoz r mix;d
    People from Spain aren't known as Hispanics though. That only applies to Latin America and you're right they would look down on people like myself. They think we're Native Americans and primitive

well i guess ive been brainwash;d wat do they call themselvez?
  • infamous114
    Options

ok...but i still think hispanicz r white & latinoz r mix;d

well i guess ive been brainwash;d wat do they call themselvez?

Spanish or Spaniards
  • GeE-757
    Options
    Spanish or Spaniards

i got u so i guess hispanic was made up by white emerica then? but still thatz how i seperate spaniardz & latinoz cuz again imo a spaniard is from EUROPE & is WHITE & a latino is from da CARRIBEAN ISLANDZ, S. & C. EMERICA & is MIX;D..
  • infamous114
    Options
    Spanish or Spaniards

i got u so i guess hispanic was made up by white emerica then? but still thatz how i seperate spaniardz & latinoz cuz again imo a spaniard is from EUROPE & is WHITE & a latino is from da CARRIBEAN ISLANDZ, S. & C. EMERICA & is MIX;D..

Yea Hispanic was first adopted by the US government.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so what if Zimmerman is Hispanic, its the WHITE MAN running the show that's not arresting him but instead patting him on the back for killing a "black" child
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yea Hispanic was first adopted by the US government.

smh white emerica think they can just make up anythang i swear da white race has ? ;d this whole world up wit they worldwide WHITE WASHIN operation,,..but still tho i dont c a spaniard & a latino as da same imean i understand them white spaniardz came ova herr & forced alot of people n da carribean islandz, s. & c. emerica 2 speak that spanish ? but yall is not da same imo cuz again if a latino went 2 spain 9 outta 10 timez they wouldnt c yall as kin....
  • GeE-757
    Options
    someone from spain is spanish dumb ? hispanics are a mix of black,native american and white you sir are a ? idiot

whoa ? i will admit i let white emerica brainwash me so i was usin da hispanic term wrong but still u stupid ? LATINOZ r mix;d jack azz like infamous said BRAZILIANZ r not spanish idiot..
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is so sad..Rip
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    someone from spain is spanish dumb ? hispanics are a mix of black,native american and white you sir are a ? idiot

whoa ? i will admit i let white emerica brainwash me so i was usin da hispanic term wrong but still u stupid ? LATINOZ r mix;d jack azz like infamous said BRAZILIANZ r not spanish idiot..

the only way to not let white "emerica" not "brain wash" you is to refuse to use all technology and move out the country and log the ? off whatever device you are using....for as racist as people of all races can be in america i would rather live here right now than any other country.
  • waterproof
    edited March 2012
    Options

To keep it real and truthful, Spaniards are Europeans so they are white and Spain is in Europe they were slave traders and conquered Latin America, killed the Latins and The Native Indians of land, ? them, colonize them and taught them a new language and married into their family. What happen with the Black Egyptians happen to the Latin and Native Indians of Latin America.

Spainards dont have love for the Latins in latin america. Hispanic means you are your family if you latin have the conquer blood in you and mean that you a european from spain
  • waterproof
    Options
    Hispanic? Latino? Or What?

By PHILIP B. CORBETT

Notes from the newsroom on grammar, usage and style.

The nomination of Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court prompted discussion about our use of “Hispanic,” “Latino” and related terms. It’s not a simple issue, and I consulted with a number of reporters and editors here who offered good counsel.

Here are some key points to keep in mind:

• While both “Latino” and “Hispanic” are generally acceptable, some people have a strong preference. We should respect those preferences as much as possible in referring to individuals and groups; reporters and editors should routinely ask.

• Specific references like “Puerto Rican” or “Mexican-American” or “Guatemalan immigrant” are often best.

• Judge Sotomayor clearly uses “Latina” for herself, and we should respect that preference whenever feasible. In more detailed references, we can note that her parents moved to New York from Puerto Rico. Once again, remember: they were not immigrants.

• In describing one distinction she would attain if confirmed, I think we have to say she would be “the first Hispanic justice,” despite her own use of “Latina.” Calling her “the first Latina justice” isn’t quite what we mean, and several people I consulted agreed that calling her “the first Latino justice,” while perhaps grammatically defensible, seems awkward or wrong.

• I will adjust the current entry in The Times’s stylebook to clarify that “Latina,” like “Latino,” can be used as an adjective as well as a noun. We should be aware, though, that for many English speakers the use of inflected adjectives may still be unfamiliar.

• As always, references to ethnicity should be used only when they are pertinent, and the pertinence is clear to readers. One reporter pointed out that many second- and third-generation Latinos regard themselves as simply “American” or “Texan” or whatever. If ancestry is relevant, phrases like “a lawyer of Mexican descent” or “a New York native of Puerto Rican descent” might serve.

• Our stylebook defines “Hispanic” as “descended from a Spanish-speaking land or culture.” But be aware that opinions vary on how broadly to apply these terms. Can “Hispanic immigrants” describe a group that includes Brazilians or other Portuguese speakers? Can “Hispanic” describe immigrants from Spain itself? Once again, being specific will help minimize confusion or ambiguity.

• We should avoid constructions like “President Obama has nominated Judge Sotomayor to be the first Hispanic justice on the Supreme Court,” or “Judge Sotomayor is hoping to become the first Hispanic justice.” That phrasing suggests that their primary goal is to have a Hispanic justice. We can note the potential distinction parenthetically: “Judge Sotomayor, who would be the court’s first Hispanic justice, …” (Similarly, during the presidential campaign, we tried to avoid phrases like, “Senator Obama is campaigning to become the first African-American president” — that wasn’t the point of his campaign.)

A brief report from the Pew Hispanic Center offers some interesting background (including more on the Cardozo question). Here’s one section:

Q. How do Hispanics themselves feel about the labels “Hispanic” and “Latino”?

A. The labels are not universally embraced by the community that has been labeled. A 2006 survey by the Pew Hispanic Center found that 48% of Latino adults generally describe themselves by their country of origin first; 26% generally use the terms Latino or Hispanic first; and 24% generally call themselves American on first reference. As for a preference between “Hispanic” and “Latino”, a 2008 Center survey found that 36% of respondents prefer the term “Hispanic,” 21% prefer the term “Latino” and the rest have no preference.

Q. What about Puerto Ricans? Where do they fit in?

A. Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens by birth — whether they were born in New York (like Judge Sotomayor) or in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (like her parents). According to the Census, some 97% of all persons born in Puerto Rico and living in the mainland United States consider themselves Hispanics. Overall, Puerto Ricans are the second largest group of Hispanics in the 50 states and District of Columbia — they make up 9% of the mainland Hispanic population, well behind the Mexican-origin share of 64%, but ahead of the 3.5% share of Cubans. In 2007, the 4.1 million persons of Puerto Rican origin living in the mainland United States exceeded Puerto Rico’s population of 3.9 million.