HIP-HOP COMMUNITY, STAND UP!!! AND SUPPORT #Trayvon Martin

Options

Comments

• Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I hope some goon in Fla pops that ? , or whatever the ? he is.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This story is sickening. I hate how "walking while black" is still pretty much a crime. You cant walk, you cant post, you cant do ? without someone lookin over your shoulder. I wish I had known about this March yesterday.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sanford police chief temporarily steps down
    Sanford, Fla. Police Chief Bill Lee (Sanford Police Department)

(CBS News) SANFORD, Fla. - Sanford, Fla. Police Chief Bill Lee announced he will step down as pressure mounts in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Lee said it has become obvious to him that he had become a "distraction" in the case.

17-year-old unarmed black teen was killed inside a gated Florida community on his way back from the convenience store, neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman has maintained he shot Martin in self-defense.

Outrage over the fatal shooting has spread around the country, with marchers taking to the streets of New York City and Miami.

The Protesters are calling for the arrest of the shooter, neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

On Wednesday night, in a 3-2 split vote, the Sanford City Council, including Mayor Jeff Triplett, backed a no-confidence motion against Police Chief Bill Lee.

Three weeks ago, the unarmed Martin was shot in a gated subdivision in Sanford, outside Orlando.

He'd been visiting his father after getting suspended from school. Zimmerman, whose family says is Hispanic but whom police have described as white, was not arrested.

He claimed self-defense. Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, which expands the right to claim self-defense beyond the home, has come into focus in this case.

Fla. police chief slammed amid public outcry
    Video: Fla. Rep. may revisit "Stand Your Ground" law
    Outrage over Trayvon Martin shooting spreads

"I could've gone either way on it, but what I have seen, I have to say, I've seen better," Triplett said.

At an earlier NAACP forum in Sanford, some complained about a history of local police intimidation.

"It's really getting out of hand," one person said, "and there's too many young people that have died."

As that tension rises, the co-author of the Stand Your Ground law, in effect since 2005, is now saying it may need to be clarified.

At least two more rallies are planned for Thursday following massive rallies in New York and Miami. Zimmerman remains in hiding
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this is sum sad ? that us blax n da 2k12 still gotta march 2 get ? dun n white emerica this cracka should b facin da death penalty....END OF STORY!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    show up fellas show up

Demonstrators are expected to gather in D.C. this week in rallies for Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager who was fatally shot by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida last month.

The first event in Martin’s honor will be a vigil at Howard University at 7 p.m. Thursday. Participants are asked to meet at the flag pole at the campus in Northwest D.C.

The vigil will be followed by a rally in Freedom Plaza this weekend.

The “Stand Up For Trayvon Justice Rally” will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Freedom Plaza, 14th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

Organizers are asking participants in the rally to wear all black or a hoodie to reflect what Martin was wearing when he was shot.

George Zimmerman, 28, told police he shot 17-year-old Martin in self-defense.

Zimmerman, who grew up in Northern Virginia, has not been charged and federal authorities are now leading the investigation.

Skittles candy will be passed out at both events. Martin had reportedly purchased Skittles at a convenience store before his death.

News of the rally is being spread via Twitter, Facebook and Craigslist.
  • waterproof
    Options
    NationalActionNet‏@NationalActionReply

DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE THE RALLY FOR #TrayvonMartin HAS BEEN MOVED TO FORT MELLON PARK IN SANFORD, FL AT 7P PRESS CONFERENCE AT 4:30P

WATCH THE LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH @TheRevAl @NationalAction & TRAYVON MARTIN'S PARENTS SHORTLY
    :
    http://www.wtsp.com/video/livestream/default.aspx
  • waterproof
    Options

NationalActionNet‏@NationalActionReply

DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE THE RALLY FOR #TrayvonMartin HAS BEEN MOVED TO FORT MELLON PARK IN SANFORD, FL AT 7P PRESS CONFERENCE AT 4:30P

WATCH THE LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH @TheRevAl @NationalAction & TRAYVON MARTIN'S PARENTS SHORTLY:
  • waterproof
    Options

The Temp is real high for this case, that' why the City Manager stepped down, church folks was on the bus today from all around the southern states heading to this rally
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rV-kHFZZ85g

for those who haven't seen this yet. This whole incident is just sickening. Don't trust these white folks....

This beast was on CNN too last night talking that same ? .... Trying to ? blame trayvon .... I'm sitting back like you got to ? kidding me?!?? Why is this clown even getting airtime to spew out this garbage ... It's obvious these news orginazations can't deal with the fact that a modern day lynching went down in Florida and instead of laying it down like it is they put a ? like this on the air to placate to those in denial of the situation by giving the dude a national forum.... It's really sick..
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Options
    TB.Boy wrote: »
    I try to not let racism affect me but when i saw this i started feeling the black mans burden. This ? is getting old for real. That police station needs to be handled. They need to be made an example.

lol come on fam this is WHITE EMERICA da most racist country n da world imean white emerica was built up by RACISm racism n white emerica will neva die whitez n this country will alwayz feel like they r above people of colour n this country & they have no problem throwin that ? n our facez...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    TB.Boy wrote: »
    I try to not let racism affect me but when i saw this i started feeling the black mans burden. This ? is getting old for real. That police station needs to be handled. They need to be made an example.

lol come on fam this is WHITE EMERICA da most racist country n da world imean white emerica was built up by RACISm racism n white emerica will neva die whitez n this country will alwayz feel like they r above people of colour n this country & they have no problem throwin that ? n our facez...
    america has its times but it definitely isnt the most racist country in the world
  • GeE-757
    Options
    ^ o yes white emerica is da most racist country n da world white emerica was BUILT UP BY RACISM....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    ^ o yes white emerica is da most racist country n da world white emerica was BUILT UP BY RACISM....

You haven't seen a soccer game in Europe where black players get racially abused on the pitch
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You haven't seen a soccer game in Europe where black players get racially abused on the pitch

that is not shockin look wherr u said that ? is happenin EUROPE europe is wherr WHITE PEOPLE come from so im not shock;d plus whitez n florida use 2 feed BLK BABIEZ 2 da GATORZ just cuz they was BLK BABIEZ smh..again white emerica is da most racist country n da world these whitez is tryna make it seem like WHITEZ was da founderz of this country & tryna wipe out da NATIVE EMERICAN history again white emerica was BUILT UP BY RACISm & these whitez have no problem throwin that ? n our facez thatz y we have these trayvon situationz still happenin n da 2k12..smh

http://youtu.be/TlduyEe9DsI
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I bet dude who did it is spanish too. Remember how i constantly talked about arabs/spanish people and how ? love to act like they are the same as us and how only white people are racist or whatever, now what? I'm telling y'all. I''m not even sure dude is of spanish descent but alot of spanish muthafuckas look at themselves as white men in AmeriKKKa, so they do ? like this to prove to white people that they are "different than the rest of the minorities".

Huh?

Weren't you the same dude that said this:
    The real deal that people don't wanna talk about is that i also believe in evolution, dark skinned people are closer to the monkeys on the evolution scale. That's why white people are the most intelligent, make the most money, create and invent the most and just rule the most of the world power. Dark skinned people are basically still monkeys and probably won't reach that until a few millions years.

Foh.

• GeE-757
    Options
    ^^^ wow wtf is that about?
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Some ? he posted in a Bria Myles thread in the Grown & Sexy forum.

I thinks he's white though or at the very least non-black. It would hurt my heart to see a brotha capin that hard for white people.

Anyway I won't speak on it again. I don't want to derail such a noble thread.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    Some ? he posted in a Bria Myles thread in the Grown & Sexy forum.

I thinks he's white though. It would hurt my heart to see a brotha capin that much for white people.

whoa that 2nd quote that u post;d had 2 been from a white person aint nobody of color that stupid 2 believe that FOOLISHNESS!
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The stepping down just proves once again police are only equipped to abuse power not take responsibility.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I bet dude who did it is spanish too. Remember how i constantly talked about arabs/spanish people and how ? love to act like they are the same as us and how only white people are racist or whatever, now what? I'm telling y'all. I''m not even sure dude is of spanish descent but alot of spanish muthafuckas look at themselves as white men in AmeriKKKa, so they do ? like this to prove to white people that they are "different than the rest of the minorities".

thatz krazy talk cuz dont u know that therrz a difference between a HISPANIC from SPAIN which is n EUROPE & a LATINO from da CARRIBEAN ISLANDZ & S. & C. EMERICA? yes spanish people from SPAIN r WHITE but a LATINO from da carribean islandz, S. & C. emerica 9 outta 10 timez is MIX;D...thatz y sum of us blkz like myself dont trip when a LATINO sayz ? & ? cuz da majority of them have blk blood they r not WHITE like HISPANICZ from SPAIN...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    The stepping down just proves once again police are only equipped to abuse power not take responsibility.

And it's only "temporary" what the ? is that about his ass should have been gone
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rV-kHFZZ85g

for those who haven't seen this yet. This whole incident is just sickening. Don't trust these white folks....

the incident should not be about not trusting white folks because as this killing shows the clown was half hispanic. hell some white folks died in church bombings/protests standing alongside their black brothers and sisters during the civil rights era. It should be about educating all races how it feels to be profiled and attacked just because of your skin color.

• GeE-757
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    the incident should not be about not trusting white folks because as this killing shows the clown was half hispanic. hell some white folks died in church bombings/protests standing alongside their black brothers and sisters during the civil rights era. It should be about educating all races how it feels to be profiled and attacked just because of your skin color.

hispanicz r WHITE tho...
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? is foul.....seriously how could this guy ? someone and there was no investigation they just take his word.....i really dont understand this ? .....