Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman Discussion Thread...

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The criminal justice system at this point has no interest in looking out for a Black kid that was stalked until his death, while having only Skittles and iced tea.
    the criminal justice system should not be a knee-? reaction to popular opinion even if Zimmerman is 100% guilty
    dmalik313 wrote: »
    Janklow, Zimmerman used LETHAL force. That's not self defense if lethal force or threat of lethal force was not being used against him. Getting beat up is not the same as someone trying to ? you, ya dig?
    if you're getting beaten up, you're not in a position to think, "well, he's beating me up, but there's no way it's going to escalate beyond that."

there's also the chance that the truth of the matter is more complicated: say Martin hit Zimmerman because he thought Zimmerman was stalking him, then Zimmerman means to brandish his gun, but fires it. Martin's dead, so we'll never get to hear his side of the story, and obviously Zimmerman has motivation to tell a story that benefits him.
    ? next you are going to say if I speak loudly to someone that's verbally assaulting them, and they would be justified in using lethal force.
    actually, i'm NOT going to say that, because i'm trying to discuss the topic seriously
    Right now as far as we know with the media BS we don't know the actual story of what went down. Right not Zimmerman's claim that he was assaulted is even questionable.
    on the other hand, for someone claiming the actual story isn't known --a reasonable position-- you do seem very sure about what you think happened
  • young-king
    young-king Members Posts: 424
    edited March 2012
    Options
    dont u bros let those sell out new black panther ? get your damn heads blown off or get u sent into a fema camp! if anybody is on tv they are juiced in somehow someway... especially if the PINKBOY allows them get on national tv saying its a bounty on a PINKMANS head. smarten up brothers this is not the time to be getting suckered into the wicked lil mind games of these DEVILS. HE will let US know when its that time to ryde not some random miscellaneous ? on a tv. HE will give US a crazy sign n OUR spirits will know its time 2 handle biz. stay up bros n sis damn ALL PINKPEOPLE your day is coming demons
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The criminal justice system at this point has no interest in looking out for a Black kid that was stalked until his death, while having only Skittles and iced tea. If this is what justice looks like, I'm all for the NBPP putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head. It's not like the feds or the Sanford police dept are going to give us justice. If it takes drastic action to show America young Black kids are not pansies to be taken advantage of, than I'm for the bounty 100%, ? it.

Problem is if something happens to Zimmerman, THEN we will see people getting arrested. Isn't that ironic.

I know, incredible isn't it?? Zimmerman will likely get away with murder, while anyone that may hurt Zimmerman will be sent to jail. A funny country we live in.
  • dmalik313
    dmalik313 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    if you're getting beaten up, you're not in a position to think, "well, he's beating me up, but there's no way it's going to escalate beyond that."

Speak for yourself. ... a person trained in violence can tell when a situation is about to get biblical. The thing is Zimmerman did not have right or authority to escalate the situation. Period. And I'm going by Zimmerman's official statement to police officers. And did you take a look at the police surveillance video? The guy didn't have a scratch on him.... Martin must have been giving him some mighty strong slaps or something.

There's common sense and training. Neither of these Zimmerman had probably. Who's the fool that let Zimmerman carry a gun?
    there's also the chance that the truth of the matter is more complicated: say Martin hit Zimmerman because he thought Zimmerman was stalking him, then Zimmerman means to brandish his gun, but fires it. Martin's dead, so we'll never get to hear his side of the story, and obviously Zimmerman has motivation to tell a story that benefits him

why you speculating on ? you don't know about. For all we know a martian crawled up Zimmerman's ass and commanded him to shoot Trayvon.

And even if your scenario is true..
    Oh ok... so what's this supposed to mean? The guy's supposed to say... whoops I just shot ya... I was just trying to show you the gun to scare you off. My bad?
    on the other hand, for someone claiming the actual story isn't known --a reasonable position-- you do seem very sure about what you think happened

I don't claim ? . I'm saying just at the very least this guy should have been brought in for further investigation & drug testing and all that. The cops didn't question ? and let him go without even a slap on the wrist - that is the outrageous part. And THAT is what everyone is agitated about.
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Options
    VERY SUSPECT RIGHT HERE
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood the logic in calling for violence against a violent offender. It's like kicking a student out of school for skipping school. Seems stupid to me. But a lot of people are into that an eye for an eye bs. That ideology has always been popular with simple people.

The NBPP really should change thier name to avoid confusion. The BPP and the NBPP have very little in common. Creating a group and adding "new" to the name is now just meaningless and disingenuous. It's basically a political ploy to piggyback off the success of a more respectable group that even today has criticized and sued them.

I believe (but can't know for sure) that Zimmerman initially acted under racist tendencies even though it's possible that he did act under self defense in the end. All in all, he and everyone involved in handling the crime needs to be properly investigated. And Zimmerman deserves an appropriate sentence, but not death. Let's not overdo the scapegoating.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    man i can't believe the ? i read in this thread, she have every right to make sure nobody try to make money off her son death and sell t-shirts and use it for a fraud donation set up, you got clubs using trayvon for money. How is she making money off it, is she making shirts with that saying. Just like martin luther king children trademark his speeches and saying, she can trademark the names to keep it not being expolited.

go wash yall faces

You think that trademarking these two phrases is going to stop the exploitation (whether for good or bad) of Trayvon Martin? You think that Mrs. Fulton is not going to recieve money from these trademarks? I'm leaning on "no" for both questions. She doesn't have to make the shirts to make money from it.

I think the bigger picture is how we need to trademark and copyright everything nowadays. It's pretty ridiculous to me.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with the trademarks.

It'll help if they start some kind of charity in his name.
  • BuStInGaTeM
    BuStInGaTeM Members Posts: 1
    Options
    next she's gonna sue skittles and arizona ice tea
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    ILL BOT DETECTED BANNED ALIAS
    REASON: masterofthegasmask, therealskooby515

USER BANNED
    BuStInGaTeM
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no problem with this. If she didn't do it, someone else would have. Keep the money in the family
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Speak for yourself. ... a person trained in violence can tell when a situation is about to get biblical. The thing is Zimmerman did not have right or authority to escalate the situation. Period.
    again, please remember this part when you come to the later area of your post where you say "i don't claim ? ." because this IS absolutely something you or i cannot know for a fact.

also, if the theory is "a person trained in violence can tell when a situation is about to get biblical," what's the support for Zimmerman being trained in violence? he's a failed cop who was on neighborhood watch where he lived.
    There's common sense and training. Neither of these Zimmerman had probably.
    ...which brings us right back to the possibility that someone lacking sense and/or training could feel he needed to defend himself.
    there's also the chance that the truth of the matter is more complicated: say Martin hit Zimmerman because he thought Zimmerman was stalking him, then Zimmerman means to brandish his gun, but fires it. Martin's dead, so we'll never get to hear his side of the story, and obviously Zimmerman has motivation to tell a story that benefits him

why you speculating on ? you don't know about. For all we know a martian crawled up Zimmerman's ass and commanded him to shoot Trayvon.[/quote]well, again, you are ALSO speculating on ? you don't know about ... while ? about me speculating on ? . so what the ? is the deal with THAT?

second, the difference is that the above scenario COULD have happened and is being presented as an EXAMPLE of how this could have been more complicated; your Martian story is just nonsense we both know didn't happen because you want to dismiss any conjecture you don't agree with. say why you don't think the theory couldn't have happened or why it's unlikely instead of telling me a Martian made him do it.
    And even if your scenario is true..
    Oh ok... so what's this supposed to mean? The guy's supposed to say... whoops I just shot ya... I was just trying to show you the gun to scare you off. My bad?
    it's "supposed to mean" that this could be a messy situation where no one person is solely responsible and the outcome isn't based on the worst possible intentions. sometimes ? happens.
    I don't claim ? . I'm saying just at the very least this guy should have been brought in for further investigation & drug testing and all that. The cops didn't question ? and let him go without even a slap on the wrist - that is the outrageous part. And THAT is what everyone is agitated about.
    it seems pretty clear you're saying more than just "he should have been brought in for further investigation and drug testing," because you seem ready to dismiss any scenarios you don't like.

should he have been drug/alcohol-tested? sure. should he have been detained longer? maybe, depending on if it would have accomplished something. if Sanford PD ? up, the state needs to take a look at the case and/or the police themselves. if Zimmerman didn't shoot Martin justifiably, he should be prosecuted and presumably jailed. but resolving the case isn't helped by throwing up a bounty to "find" the guy or demanding authorities immediately do (whatever random thing is demanded) RIGHT NOW.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    better her than someone else i say
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Options
    it also sounds like she's starting a foundation to help others who are in the same wrongful death situations. But even if she was tryin to make real dough with it... I wouldn't knock the hustle..
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Options
    J. Daniels wrote: »
    new picture of ya boy gettin paper

l.jpg
    he looks 14 in this pic...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why zimmerman who killed an unarmed teen after he was told not to pursue by a dispatcher is still free? is the better question
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    better question.. but off topic
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My brother, check the G&S; there's a thread about this.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Honestly, it seems like the media/government has purposely thrown fuel on this fire. Perhaps trying to ignite riots for some hidden agenda. There is an election coming up after all. Who knows what "the powers that be" have planned and what they want to spin out of this.

1. RIP Trayvon. So sad for someone so young to leave us so early.

2. But..... Stuff like this happens ALL THE TIME, ALL AROUND THE WORLD. There is absolutely NOTHING about this case that makes it special. People get shot every day. People get beaten to death all the time.

3. Zimmerman is half Latino, half Jewish(they say white, but Zimmerman is as Jewish as you can get). Media immediately portrayed him as evil racist white man. WTF?! It was so laughable. The first thing I said when I saw Zimmermans picture was "he isn't even white". A black friend of Zimmermans came out and said he never had any reason to believe Zimmerman was the least bit racist.

4. Pictures used of Trayvon are from when he was 13 years old, looking like an innocent child. Recent pictures of Trayvon (along with his twitter account) show he's a pretty big kid, who wanted to seem like a thug. He had also been suspended from school 3 times. Once for having a 'burglary tool'. A couple of his tweets were about hitting a bus driver, and telling his friend he hoped he punched someone. He obviously isn't the innocent little angel that he's been shown as on TV... and most likely was a typical 17 year old wannabe thug. We can thank hip hop for that. Picture used of Zimmerman is from when he was a depressed chunky 22 year old, not the professional, educated 28 year old that he is now. The guy had a white collar job and was attending college. I know the media wishes he was some redneck hillbilly ? , but that wasn't the case.

5. There had been numerous burglaries in the community recently, and Zimmerman was appointed to neighbourhood watch. Trayvon was walking around looking at houses in the dark. Exactly HOW he was looking around, we will never know. But it isn't out of the ordinary to think that Zimmerman had reasonable cause for suspicion. Perhaps young Tray was casing houses... or maybe he was dreaming of what kind of house he'd like to live in when he's older. We will never know for sure.

6. Do you really think Zimmerman would've called the police if he had planned on shooting someone a few minutes later? It doesn't make sense, and this tells me it was either a) self defense or b) he panicked and didn't want Trayvon to get away, so he shot him. Either way he wasn't "hunting Trayvon like an animal" as Trayvon's parents said to the media.

7. Atleast 2 witnesses have said they saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman. Other witnesses have said they saw them "wrestling" but it was too dark to make anything out. First cop to respond to the scene says Zimmermans back was wet from being on the grass, which backs up the witness accounts. People get into scuffles ALL THE TIME and someone can end up getting shot out of self defence. If Trayvon was really on top of Zimmerman, Zimmerman had the legal right to self defence. Simple as that. The only question is, who STARTED the physical fight? Again we will never know and it can never be proven. It's not out of the realm of possibility that a 17 year old who is taller than the average man started the fight, in which case Zimmerman had every right to use self defence.

8. Obama speaking out was uncalled for. Spike Lee tweeting the wrong address was a complete joke. All these did was throw more fuel on the fire.

9. NBC was blatantly caught editing Zimmermans 911 phone call to make race seem like a bigger issue than it was. They edited it to sound like Zimmerman was saying something to the extent of "This guy looks really suspicious, he is a black male". In reality, Zimmerman said those 2 things is completely separate sentences. It was the phone operator who asked "What colour is the suspect?" and Zimmerman answered "he is a black male". Google this if you didn't already know it.

10. Publicly calling for Zimmermans arrest violates his civil right to DUE PROCESS. Isn't it hypocritical to violate someones civil right, and then complain about them breaking the law?

11. Zimmerman WAS arrested at the scene and taken to the police station. It isn't like they gave him a pat on the back and told him to go home and watch a movie. (Anytime you are put in handcuffs by the police, you are under arrest). He was not, however, held in custody as the police believed his story that he was acting under self defence. Judgement call.... maybe it was the right call, maybe it was wrong... we will never know.

12. The 911 responder never flat out said "Do NOT follow the suspect". The responder said "we don't need you to do that". Big difference. Zimmerman most likely followed him because he thought Trayvon was up to no good, and didn't want him to get away.

13. Zimmerman sounds scared on the 911 phone call, and he thinks Trayvon has a gun since he said "he's reaching in his waist band". Maybe Tray really did reach in his waistband as a way of trying to scare away Zimmerman, OR maybe Zimmerman made that up to get the police to get there faster and take his call more seriously. Either way, it's evident from his voice on the 911 call that he's scared when Trayvon was walking his direction. Trayvons girlfriend even said she overheard him saying "what you following me for?" to Zimmerman, and then the phone went dead. Is it unrealistic to think that perhaps Trayvon confronted Zimmerman in a thuggish way and started a physical fight? He's 6'3, Zimmerman was 5'10 I believe.

14. People say "would zimmerman have followed trayvon if he was white".... I say "would the media have given 2 ? about this story if Trayvon was white?" The answer is NO, because this story wouldn't have made the back page of the newspaper if Trayvon was white. The media were obviously trying to turn this into some Rodney King type of story, when that wasn't the case at all. If George Zimmerman was named Jorge Menendez, NOBODY would've given 2 ? about this story.

15. "Trayvon got shot because he's black" is LARGELY an *assumption* that's been thrown around like it's a fact. No one knows exactly what happened. He might've been shot because he was beating up a short out of shape chubby guy that had a gun.

CONCLUSION: Zimmerman may be guilty of being paranoid and hyper vigilante. Perhaps he used more force than necessary. But the fact is that there was an altercation, and he defended himself with a gun that he legally owned. This whole Trayvon uproar has been LARGELY created by the media.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    If these ? is from the south it doesnt count.

what exactly does that mean?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ghost tho wrote: »
    2. But..... Stuff like this happens ALL THE TIME, ALL AROUND THE WORLD. There is absolutely NOTHING about this case that makes it special. People get shot every day. People get beaten to death all the time.

my response to this all over the net has been "How many Black homicides get covered up by entire police departments? How many Black murder suspects go uncharged and un-arrested?" THATS the difference. Period. Trayvon deserves this.

For starters, homicide and murder are two different things.

Secondly, he WAS arrested the night of the shooting. That is an indisputable fact that so many ppl keep ignoring. It's like people don't want to accept the truth.

He was not charged because police believe he acted in self defense and could not legally detain him without evidence suggesting otherwise. On the contrary, they had quite a bit of evidence that he did indeed act in self defense. Neighbor witness who saw Trayvon on top of him while he was on the ground, and his back was wet from being on the grass. There was DEFINITELY a physical altercation, and Zimmerman defended himself with his legally owned firearm. The only thing we don't know is HOW the altercation started exactly.

Who threw the first punch? If it was Trayvon, then Zimmerman was within the law to use self defense. If Zimmerman threw the first punch and then shot Trayvon, THEN he would be guilty.

Unfortunately we will never know.

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited April 2012
    Options
    c'mon man, ? like this just gives white folks stuff to make fun of

2vwac6h.jpg
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People still don't understand that latino isn't a race in 2012?

On another note: are they trying to say that picture is Plies?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ writing all that.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.