NL East Discussion Thread(Marlins Preview. Marlins Opening Day Wednesday 7PM E/T ESPN)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Chipper, smoltz, glavine,and maddux all stayed around too long. Chipper should have retired two years ago

I don't know what y'all ? see in the nats they will be at the bottom of the division like they always are

co-sign all dat.

Plus, he's not one of those vets that make his younger teammates better, IMO. I don't claim to know what's crackin in the locker room, but he don't strike me as a Ray Lewis/Cal Ripken type that's quick to help mold younger players.

We should've dealt him right around the time the Falcons chucked the deuces at Keith Brooking.

I do and I believe thats one of the main reasons he's still around. To help mold Freeman and Heyward. He always denies wanting to be a Manager but he never rules out being a hitting coach.
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Marlins stunting out here
    Miami Marlins to host Daddy Yankee, LL Cool J

Daddy Yankee will kick off the Miami Marlins’ new Jiffy ? Friday Night Live concert series coming to Marlins Park each month. The team on Friday announced four of the season’s six headliners.

The Puerto Rican reggaeton star will perform on April 13 after a game against the Houston Astros. On May 11, actor LL Cool J (left) returns to his rap roots after the Marlins-Mets game. June 8 is the Venezuelan reggaeton duo Chino y Nacho (Tampa Bay Rays) and July 13 brings native-born rapper Flo Rida (Washington Nationals). An announcement on the Aug. 10 and Sept. 14 headliners is expected soon.

All 13 Friday home games will feature a pregame party on the West Plaza, including live music, interactive games and entertainment. On Fridays not devoted to Friday Night Live shows, there will be a post-game party on the West Plaza with live local and regional music, food and beverage kiosks, the Marlins Energy Team and more.
    http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/thingstodo/2012/03/miami_marlins_to_host_daddy_ya.html
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really want to see if we are getting the old Johan Santana back this year. We are going to need him to at least get double digit wins.
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    S/O to the Marlins for having Ali throw the first pitch.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Phillies might have the worst hat in the division I just never liked it

Philadelphia-Phillies-Hats-MLB-All-Star-Patch-hat.jpg

Go ? urself

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Opening Day :)
    Mods can you let me edit my thread titles??
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hanley Swing was looking super long yesterday but thats just game 1 , that was the same swing that got him in trouble last season ....but he looked good this spring training he'll be ight , just needs to look to hit the ball the other way
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got to get at the Cubs today
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Damn mets at least I can get tickets on stub hub for like 20 bucks for lower level

Wait til a few days before the game you want to go to, tickets will drop significantly. Also, you going to Opening Day? I'm thinking about it, it should be GOAT w/ the Carter ceremony.

Where's that Marlins preview lol

Coming soon bruh, I'm writing these ? , so don't expect them daily like the newspaper. lol

i was gonna go but im stuck at work watching it. im probably go sat and sunday
  • eyes low
    Options
    i hope my boys wright and davis ? it this year i got them both on both of my fantasy teams
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I really thought we were gonna get no hit last night in our grand opening of the new stadium lol...that woulda been WOAT
  • eyes low
    Options
    I really thought we were gonna get no hit last night in our grand opening of the new stadium lol...that woulda been WOAT

that would of been perfect start to the season
  • eyes low
    Options
    has anyone fell off as quickly as jason bay he went from 36hr 119rbis to 6hrs 47rbis
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    has anyone fell off as quickly as jason bay he went from 36hr 119rbis to 6hrs 47rbis

Injuries killed the better part of two seasons, lets hope he gets it together this season.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got the feeling my Bravos will start slow again.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Santana back like he never left
  • eyes low
    Options
    These umps suck 2 phantom calls
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Bullpen looking sharp, Santana pitched decent, I'm really amped for Sunday.
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nats got one hit. Bats bo jangling
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Jonathan Niese got a contract extension for 7 years, and he's due for a huge year.

Adam Rubin
    The Mets plan to announce Jon Niese's new contract, which guarantees the southpaw $25.5195 million, at a press conference on Saturday. Niese is scheduled to undergo a physical during Friday's team off-day.

-Originally Niese would have made $519,500 this season, and would not have been eligible for free agency until after the 2015 season.

Now, he gets a $250,000 signing bonus and $769,500 salary this season, for a total of $1.0195 million.

His salary jumps to $3 million in 2013, $5 million in 2014, $7 million in 2015 and $9 million in 2016.

The Mets hold options for 2017 at $10 million (with a $500,000 buyout) and $10.5 million for 2018 (with a $500,000 buyout).

So the total value of the deal could be $45.5195 million.
  • Stew
    Options
    I told yall about the Braves smh
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    It's the 1st game and the Mets have like a .600 franchise record on OD, relax bruh.
  • Stew
    Options
    It's the 1st game and the Mets have like a .600 franchise record on OD, relax bruh.

lol I know but I said this the other day
    Ill be covering the Braves all season long again this year beginning with the Future Stars game tomorrow and Im gonna go on record and say that they will prolly miss the playoffs again this year. I only say this cause I think the Nat's and Marlins will improve by 10-15 games this year and the Braves really didnt do much to improve this offseason. They already had trouble with them being ? teams. I hope im wrong for financial purposes but just what I think as of now.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told you after the first game????

[img]http://troll.me/images/do-you-even-lift/get-the-? -outta-here.jpg[/img]