NL East Discussion Thread(Marlins Preview. Marlins Opening Day Wednesday 7PM E/T ESPN)

Options

Comments

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You have a point. At the end of the day, we should just enjoy the ride, because this can turn south quickly.
    Our shot at the PO, depends on if we're no more than 5 GB in the WC and at least 5 games over .500 by mid-June or ASB. If we're not, then we're probably going to trade Pelf/Santana/Dickey(possibly) and call up Matt Harvey and Chris Schwinden.

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have a point. At the end of the day, we should just enjoy the ride, because this can turn south quickly.
    Our shot at the PO, depends on if we're no more than 5 GB in the WC and at least 5 games over .500 by mid-June or ASB. If we're not, then we're probably going to trade Pelf/Santana/Dickey(possibly) and call up Matt Harvey and Chris Schwinden.

Of course I'm milking this for all I can. It's a long season the one major thing is staying healthy bc that has killed us the last couple years
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna watch some of the game tonight. I haven't seen one second of Nats game on tv yet. Though I really can't watch baseball on tv til the playoffs. I just read the box score everyday.

? Mets fans should be hype. nothing wrong with that. The NL is wide open.
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    @lamont
    Go to the games in person, it's so much liver if you see the game up close. I love baseball, but I'll admit I can't watch a regular season game that doesn't have the Mets in it, watching baseball games at home are WOAT. I'll watch other teams when Bryce comes up and a bit of the Darvish starts, then I'll be up on it for the playoff games. However as far as seeing sports live; MLB>>>practically every sport in America(sans College Sports and maybe MLS), the ballpark and the nice weather are some of the reasons why.

If you go to a Nats game, go to the Shake Shack, their burgers are GOAT status.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout ? time

Thank ? for the astros
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Bout ? time

Thank ? for the astros

1213348_o.gif
    2694549_o.gif

Now let's get about 90 mo and I'm good.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    @lamont
    Go to the games in person, it's so much liver if you see the game up close. I love baseball, but I'll admit I can't watch a regular season game that doesn't have the Mets in it, watching baseball games at home are WOAT. I'll watch other teams when Bryce comes up and a bit of the Darvish starts, then I'll be up on it for the playoff games. However as far as seeing sports live; MLB>>>practically every sport in America(sans College Sports and maybe MLS), the ballpark and the nice weather are some of the reasons why.

If you go to a Nats game, go to the Shake Shack, their burgers are GOAT status.

no doubt i just can't watch them on tv. I usually go to about 10/15 games a years. With so many games it's just hard for me to stay focused on watching them on tv til playoff time.

shake Shack does have some good burgers. i either go there or ben's chili bowl for a chili half smoke.
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Mets 4-2.
    Damn we need Wright

S/N Mets honoring Chipper Jones late in the season, smh Wilpons.
  • eyes low
    Options
    Mets 4-2.
    Damn we need Wright

S/N Mets honoring Chipper Jones late in the season, smh Wilpons.

Really we killed us enough I don't really think there's a need for that. Hopefully he comes back soon amazing how our hitting falls apart with out him
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    So Storen done went and had elbow surgery on the low and Micheal Morse needs to see Dr Andrews. Great but still a good start Home opener today
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    So Storen done went and had elbow surgery on the low and Micheal Morse needs to see Dr Andrews. Great but still a good start Home opener today

Ya'll just now having Opening Day?
    Damn, DMV stay losing. lol
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear the marlins look like they got some minor league uniforms on...flat out turrible
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Reports have said that D Wright can play as long as he can tolerate the pain.

I know Wright is a tough dude and we need his bat, but I don't him to rush himself back and end up changing his swing. The last thing we need, is to have Wright switch his swing, and to struggle because of it.
  • eyes low
    Options
    Reports have said that D Wright can play as long as he can tolerate the pain.

I know Wright is a tough dude and we need his bat, but I don't him to rush himself back and end up changing his swing. The last thing we need, is to have Wright switch his swing, and to struggle because of it.

exactly, i rather he take a week off let it heal a little bit its still the beginning of the season
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Mets 6-2
    And we about to sweep the Phils. Lol @ ya'll sorry ass teams, we about to win this division and win the chip. blee dat
  • eyes low
    Options
    Mets 6-2
    And we about to sweep the Phils. Lol @ ya'll sorry ass teams, we about to win this division and win the chip. blee dat

You gotta believe
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Mets 6-2

Whoa, playa. You know the Bravos start slow. We're working on 4 straight right now.

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    Mets 6-2

Whoa, playa. You know the Bravos start slow. We're working on 4 straight right now.

It's null and void, you can't stop us bruh.
    Duda; Ike, and Wright will all hit 100 HR's each.
    Our pitching rotation will have 3 CY winners, and 30 perfect games.
    We gonna go 160-2, then sweep everyone in the playoffs and win the chip. I don't even think teams should bother competing with us, because we got the next 6; maybe 10 years on lock.
  • eyes low
    Options
    Mets 6-2

You guys finished real strong last year
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mets 6-2

I was gonna say somethin ? up

Then I realized it was the mets

Y'all can have these 2-3 weeks then its right back to the bottom

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Mets 6-2

**Make your soul burn slow**
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Mets 6-2

I know right? If only we would've finished with 85 lawses.

I would feel much more confident about this year.

....Oh wait....

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Phillies bout to be at the bottom of the division after the Marlins wrap up this win
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Mets 6-2

I was gonna say somethin ? up

Then I realized it was the mets

Y'all can have these 2-3 weeks then its right back to the bottom

"Meet the mets, beat the mets..."
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Mets 6-2

It's null and void, you can't stop us bruh.
    Duda; Ike, and Wright will all hit 100 HR's each.
    Our pitching rotation will have 3 CY winners, and 30 perfect games.
    We gonna go 160-2, then sweep everyone in the playoffs and win the chip. I don't even think teams should bother competing with us, because we got the next 6; maybe 10 years on lock.

Mumo back?