The Official 2012-2013 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should've tried harder to keep Schiano, or at least his staff. Prolly the best coach they've had in decades.

He about to get his forehead kicked in in the NFC South tho. lol
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should've tried harder to keep Schiano, or at least his staff. Prolly the best coach they've had in decades.

He about to get his forehead kicked in in the NFC South tho. lol

The new coach was on the staff with Schiano but everybody else has left.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greenwood why you post that old ass article, thats so ungreenwood like
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    MobTown wrote:
    Greenwood why you post that old ass article, thats so ungreenwood like

Feel free to post a newer one...

whatever.gif
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could of sworn they posted one after recruiting day
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think you meant this one bruh

1. USC Trojans Previous rank: 2 With nine starters back on offense and defense, including star quarterback Matt Barkley, the Trojans will have a legitimate chance at competing for a BCS national championship. They better do it this coming season, because the effects of NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions will start being felt in 2013. Even with a smaller recruiting class, USC coach Lane Kiffin was able to add some much-needed help with linebacker Jabari Ruffin and receiver Nelson Agholor. The Trojans were one of the country's younger teams this past season, with 10 freshmen and sophomores starting. The Trojans will play six home games and six road games this season, including a Sept. 15 road trip to Stanford and a Nov. 3 home game against Oregon.

2. Alabama Crimson Tide Previous rank: 3 With so many defensive stars leaving for the NFL draft, the Crimson Tide of 2012 might look a lot like the last Alabama squad that tried to defend a BCS national championship. Quarterback AJ McCarron should be better in his second season as a starter, and Eddie Lacy is going to be a more than capable replacement for tailback Trent Richardson. But the defense is going to be exceptionally young, after linebackers Courtney Upshaw and Dont'a Hightower and cornerbacks Dre Kirkpatrick and DeQuan Menzie departed. Help is on the way after Alabama coach Nick Saban signed the country's No. 1 recruiting class. The Tide signed 13 prospects from the ESPNU 150, including top safety Landon Collins and receivers Eddie Williams and Chris Black.

3. LSU Tigers Previous rank: 1 Not much has gone right for the Tigers since their loss to Alabama. Receiver Rueben Randle, cornerback Mo Claiborne and defensive lineman Michael Brockers turned pro. Quarterback Gunner Kiel spurned the Tigers for Notre Dame, and LSU's recruiting class fell short of expectations. But it's still hard to imagine the Tigers slipping very far with so much talent coming back. Georgia transfer QB Zach Mettenberger better be pretty good, because LSU doesn't have much behind him. The Tigers will play eight home games, and they'll play at SEC West foes Texas A&M and Arkansas.

4. Oklahoma Sooners Previous rank: 5 The Sooners are going to be really explosive on offense again, especially with quarterback Landry Jones and receivers Kenny Stills and Jaz Reynolds coming back. There's no question OU will sorely miss record-setting receiver Ryan Broyles, but the Sooners signed a deep corps of receivers in their 2012 recruiting class, including Sterling Shepard, Durron Neal and Derrick Woods. Oklahoma's defense should be better after coach Bob Stoops hired his brother, former Arizona coach Mike Stoops, as his team's defensive coordinator. OU will have to replace defensive ends Frank Alexander and Ronnell Lewis and linebacker Travis Lewis.

5. Georgia Bulldogs Previous rank: 6 Georgia has to run the ball more effectively and learn how to finish games, but there might not be a more inviting schedule in 2012 than the one the Bulldogs will face. Georgia is expected to bring back 10 starters from a much-improved defense, including All-American linebacker Jarvis Jones and safety Bacarri Rambo. Incoming freshmen Josh Harvey-Clemons, Jonathan Taylor and John Atkins might provide some immediate help. Quarterback Aaron Murray and receiver Malcolm Mitchell are coming back, and UGA signed two highly regarded tailbacks -- Keith Marshall (already enrolled at UGA) and Todd Gurley -- to push sophomore Isaiah Crowell. Georgia doesn't play SEC West favorites Alabama, Arkansas and LSU during the regular season and plays four of its first five games at home.

I ain't doing the rest cause I don't give a ? after uga
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 sec schools in the top 5...smh
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote:
    Think you meant this one bruh

1. USC Trojans Previous rank: 2 With nine starters back on offense and defense, including star quarterback Matt Barkley, the Trojans will have a legitimate chance at competing for a BCS national championship. They better do it this coming season, because the effects of NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions will start being felt in 2013. Even with a smaller recruiting class, USC coach Lane Kiffin was able to add some much-needed help with linebacker Jabari Ruffin and receiver Nelson Agholor. The Trojans were one of the country's younger teams this past season, with 10 freshmen and sophomores starting. The Trojans will play six home games and six road games this season, including a Sept. 15 road trip to Stanford and a Nov. 3 home game against Oregon.

2. Alabama Crimson Tide Previous rank: 3 With so many defensive stars leaving for the NFL draft, the Crimson Tide of 2012 might look a lot like the last Alabama squad that tried to defend a BCS national championship. Quarterback AJ McCarron should be better in his second season as a starter, and Eddie Lacy is going to be a more than capable replacement for tailback Trent Richardson. But the defense is going to be exceptionally young, after linebackers Courtney Upshaw and Dont'a Hightower and cornerbacks Dre Kirkpatrick and DeQuan Menzie departed. Help is on the way after Alabama coach Nick Saban signed the country's No. 1 recruiting class. The Tide signed 13 prospects from the ESPNU 150, including top safety Landon Collins and receivers Eddie Williams and Chris Black.

3. LSU Tigers Previous rank: 1 Not much has gone right for the Tigers since their loss to Alabama. Receiver Rueben Randle, cornerback Mo Claiborne and defensive lineman Michael Brockers turned pro. Quarterback Gunner Kiel spurned the Tigers for Notre Dame, and LSU's recruiting class fell short of expectations. But it's still hard to imagine the Tigers slipping very far with so much talent coming back. Georgia transfer QB Zach Mettenberger better be pretty good, because LSU doesn't have much behind him. The Tigers will play eight home games, and they'll play at SEC West foes Texas A&M and Arkansas.

4. Oklahoma Sooners Previous rank: 5 The Sooners are going to be really explosive on offense again, especially with quarterback Landry Jones and receivers Kenny Stills and Jaz Reynolds coming back. There's no question OU will sorely miss record-setting receiver Ryan Broyles, but the Sooners signed a deep corps of receivers in their 2012 recruiting class, including Sterling Shepard, Durron Neal and Derrick Woods. Oklahoma's defense should be better after coach Bob Stoops hired his brother, former Arizona coach Mike Stoops, as his team's defensive coordinator. OU will have to replace defensive ends Frank Alexander and Ronnell Lewis and linebacker Travis Lewis.

5. Georgia Bulldogs Previous rank: 6 Georgia has to run the ball more effectively and learn how to finish games, but there might not be a more inviting schedule in 2012 than the one the Bulldogs will face. Georgia is expected to bring back 10 starters from a much-improved defense, including All-American linebacker Jarvis Jones and safety Bacarri Rambo. Incoming freshmen Josh Harvey-Clemons, Jonathan Taylor and John Atkins might provide some immediate help. Quarterback Aaron Murray and receiver Malcolm Mitchell are coming back, and UGA signed two highly regarded tailbacks -- Keith Marshall (already enrolled at UGA) and Todd Gurley -- to push sophomore Isaiah Crowell. Georgia doesn't play SEC West favorites Alabama, Arkansas and LSU during the regular season and plays four of its first five games at home.

I ain't doing the rest cause I don't give a ? after uga

Actually, I think I posted this one last month.

Actually makes more sense. USC is easily the best team on paper right now based on how teams are ranked in preseason (previous year record, returning stars/starters, etc.)

My own current ranking would be...

1. USC
    2. Georgia
    3. Oklahoma
    4. LSU
    5. Alabama

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    i didnt watch much of maryland last year so someone tell me if danny o'brien is worth a damn.

He's very average but he fits with what Wisconsin likes to do ...
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    How much did Bama Lose on Defense? Barron & Kirkpatrick, Upshaw and who else??

that might have been too much
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I don't wanna be in nobodys preseason top two them ? never make it

*unless espn decides to make up ? like the "eyeball test" because they want that team to make the championship*

10430652-large.jpg
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

*unless espn decides to make up ? like the "eyeball test" because they want that team to make the championship*

10430652-large.jpg

LOL it does seem that way , thats cuz teams make sure to bring their A game for the upset ...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote:

10430652-large.jpg

Never saw a preaseason ranking that was meant to be a "championship prediction".

Pre-season rankings are just like mid season rankings -- Opinions on who's the best based on most recent performances and paper talent.

Like I said last year -- How many #12 preseason teams have won it? How many #8 teams? #5? etc, etc.

Last time we won a national championship, we started out at like #20. But that don't mean #20 is the hot spot. lol

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    You might be right I just remember last time everybody picked us #1

large_SIcover.JPG
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much did Bama Lose on Defense? Barron & Kirkpatrick, Upshaw and who else??

that might have been too much

harris(LB) hightower(LB) chapman(NT) and Menzie(CB)
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    bama won't be #2 when the season starts

that will be usc and lsu
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    allday1992 wrote:

10430652-large.jpg

Never saw a preaseason ranking that was meant to be a "championship prediction".

Pre-season rankings are just like mid season rankings -- Opinions on who's the best based on most recent performances and paper talent.

Like I said last year -- How many #12 preseason teams have won it? How many #8 teams? #5? etc, etc.

Last time we won a national championship, we started out at like #20. But that don't mean #20 is the hot spot. lol

?

auburn was ranked #22 in 2010
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote:
    allday1992 wrote:

10430652-large.jpg

?

So this year's #22 got in the bag, right?
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote:
    allday1992 wrote:

10430652-large.jpg

?

So this year's #22 got in the bag, right?

i doubt it

i say a top 10 team
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    Fight On

Barkley.png
    Woods.png

this right'chea

cant forget the lil homie lee tho

mlee.1128.jpg

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Well, damn....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET2HT-FSMso

^^^^ #1 WR recruit of 2011. (But still considered a tru-freshman because he wasn't on campus last year.)

I know my ? TJ ain't gon let that ride.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    damn i aint want us to come out the gate ranked #1. i thought we played a lot better when we had somethin to prove. media drinkin the kool-aid tho.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yea, USC is like the Lakers and Yankees when it comes to the media.

Great = Other team should just watch the game from home.
    Good = Great
    Average = Good
    Turrible = Average

But honestly, there are no other teams with a better case for #1 right now. Especially pre-Spring games.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it true yhat UGA don't play LSU, Bama, and Arkansas again this year?
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    damn i aint want us to come out the gate ranked #1. i thought we played a lot better when we had somethin to prove. media drinkin the kool-aid tho.

but they deserved to be #1