The Official San Antonio Spurs 2014 NBA Champs!!!! (#WEMADEIT! )

Options

Comments

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? saw the Spurs beat the Lakers now they screamin Finals.. smh... I'll tell you somethin about these bandwagon ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^ we got room on the wagon
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No bandwagon, just calling it straight. I don't like the Spurs, I just call it as it's being played:

OKC had a spark when they started...but...you know how that goes. NO half court offense. Bodie and Durantula can only take that ? so far.

The Lake Show...San An got the bigs to match up with Bynum and GaSOFT, and the youth (not to mention TP) to cancel out Sessioms and the bench. And Bean's knee is ? up now, so Manu don't have to worry about him dropping 45 for five out of seven games. Unless World Peace morphs back into Pacer-form Ron-Ron, I don't see it.

The Clips...? , PLEASE. You know what they are? The 2012 version of the Shawn Kemp/Gary Payton Seattle SuperSonics....ALL highlights. Not much else. Duncan will bust Blake's ass Hakeem vs. Robinson-style when it's for the money.

Memphis is the team I can see taking them out. But too bad, they will ? up and have the Clips will take them out first.

So, name names. Who can yuu see beating them in seven this year, based on the seeding?
  • TheIraq
    Options
    [
    No bandwagon, just calling it straight. I don't like the Spurs, I just call it as it's being played:

OKC had a spark when they started...but...you know how that goes. NO half court offense. Bodie and Durantula can only take that ? so far.

The Lake Show...San An got the bigs to match up with Bynum and GaSOFT, and the youth (not to mention TP) to cancel out Sessioms and the bench. And Bean's knee is ? up now, so Manu don't have to worry about him dropping 45 for five out of seven games. Unless World Peace morphs back into Pacer-form Ron-Ron, I don't see it.

The Clips...? , PLEASE. You know what they are? The 2012 version of the Shawn Kemp/Gary Payton Seattle SuperSonics....ALL highlights. Not much else. Duncan will bust Blake's ass Hakeem vs. Robinson-style when it's for the money.

Memphis is the team I can see taking them out. But too bad, they will ? up and have the Clips will take them out first.

So, name names. Who can yuu see beating them in seven this year, based on the seeding?

You say name names but you talked about all of the contenders in the West and gave all of there weaknesses but you said nothing about the Spurs weaknesses...

OKC is the name I have... I won't sit here and break it down because there is no reason for all of that.

Weren't the Spurs killin the West in the REGULAR season last year too?

• TheIraq
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    ^^^^^ we got room on the wagon

Nah I'll pass on that... I'd rather stay being a realistic Bulls fan rather than jump ship

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @nothingbutthetruth...
    Ginobili wasn't healthy last year and Parker wasn't playing like this...We have a inside and outside game... Last year we only had a outside game...

2008-09 (led division): 1st round exit.

2009-10: 2nd round exit.

2010-11 (led division): 1st round exit. Lost in 1st round to Memphis WITHOUT Rudy ? . Rudy ? is just as important, if not more important to his team than Ginoboli is.

What huge roster changes have they made? Duncan has gotten progressively worse, Ginobili is inconsistent, and Parker still can't shoot the 3. All in all, they have the same old team. All they did was add a bunch of young dudes, none who stand out and none who will make a difference come playoff time. Same team, same results.

The only team they can DEFINITELY beat with no questions asked is Phoenix. Everyone else has a valid chance of upsetting them, given their history.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot is weak, he let liquid snake take over his body
  • ocelot
    Options
    @nothingbutthetruth
    2008-2009
    We was surprised and little brother beat big... You got it

2009-2010
    We were the Larry Holmes Spurs and a 7th seed...injuries and a Prime Stat was not going to lose... We embarrassed the Suns to many times through out the decade...

2010-2011
    To much of a Suns offense with no Nash... Relied on the 3 to much and.....GINOBILI BROKE HIS ELBOW...

and @theiraq

2011-2012
    Duncan has drank the fountain of youth...Parker is at his peek and is finally a Point Guard... Ginobili is healthy and our young team has grown up... Plus we got Captain Jack crazy ass back for toughness... We don't have to shoot the 3 to stay in games anymore... And don't forget we have the 2nd greatest coach in the last 15 years to lead us the way...

@Mr.CJ
    lmao... yous a fool...
  • ocelot
    Options
    But I'm not gonna act like ZBO didn't do us up last year...but dude is a shell of himself now... I want them to tank games again so we can play them...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ya the way I broke it down was...the Celtics could beat miami but will most likely face the Bulls. The Bulls take out the Celtics, Miami is a bad matchup for the Bulls, Miami takes out the Bulls in six MAYBE seven games.

The Spurs I dunno man.. i dunno how they even won the last 3 championships to be honest, so thats why I can COMPLETELY count them out... but they havent won anything since the Patriots were almost perfect and that was AWHILE ago. The Spurs have to really prove it to me and make me believe (If they can get passed a team like the Lakers it will tell me alot about this years Spurs team). cuz if Dallas can win a championship last year, ANY top 4 Western Conf team can win it all this year if they heat up in the playofffs...

Like I said OKC just seems like the best team to me and I'm not going away from a OKC vs MIA matchup in the finals until teams ACTUALLYprove me wrong in the playoffs. We need an official NBA Playoff Betting Thread or something... get ya paypal's ready...
  • ocelot
    Options
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    the grizzlies are not the same team as last year. the clippers are not a smart team. mavs sorely miss tyson chandler. and the lakers don't have a bench and are not the same without phil jackson so as long as their big 3 is healthy, the western conference finals.....

san antonio has great coaching, tony parker playing lights out, duncan is playing like the duncan of old, ginobli is ginobli, they're one of the best 3 pt shooting teams in the league, defense is solid and they are deep as hell

if they end up facing the thunder in the wcfs wouldn't even be surprised if they made it the nba finals... westbrook has always had a hard time guarding parker... also the thunder don't have a consistent half court offense that can win in the playoffs. they rely to heavily on pick and roll, driving to the basket, and drawing fouls. it works against teams that are poorly coached and can't defend the pick and roll, but it fails against well-prepared teams like the spurs. the spurs beat the thunder two times this season by an average of 10 points.... if they were able to handle them like that in the regular season, why can't they take care of them in the playoffs?

durant and westbrook are both better than anyone on the spurs, but their isolation sets alone won't be able to carry them to a win against their well-balanced attack

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The Thunder and Lakers are the only teams who can knock the Spurs off in a 7 game series. When Parker is balling, though, they are hard to beat. They could win the championship.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @nothingbutthetruth...
    Ginobili wasn't healthy last year and Parker wasn't playing like this...We have a inside and outside game... Last year we only had a outside game...

2008-09 (led division): 1st round exit.

2009-10: 2nd round exit.

2010-11 (led division): 1st round exit. Lost in 1st round to Memphis WITHOUT Rudy ? . Rudy ? is just as important, if not more important to his team than Ginoboli is.

What huge roster changes have they made? Duncan has gotten progressively worse, Ginobili is inconsistent, and Parker still can't shoot the 3. All in all, they have the same old team. All they did was add a bunch of young dudes, none who stand out and none who will make a difference come playoff time. Same team, same results.

The only team they can DEFINITELY beat with no questions asked is Phoenix. Everyone else has a valid chance of upsetting them, given their history.
    ? .

And ever since the Spurs won their last championship, Ginobili has been injured in every postseason. If he was healthy, we would've atleast met the C's in the '08 Finals. Only reason we lost that series is cause Manu ? up his ankle against Phoenix and ? it up again in Game 1 against the Lakers. Him not being able to drive to the basket killed us and we choked away games.

Phoenix was the only team that beat us with our big 3 healthy.
  • ocelot
    edited May 2012
    Options
    we got room on the wagon

• Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we got room on the wagon

props my ? .

you stayed consistent with the ? talkin'
  • ocelot
    Options
    we got room on the wagon

props my ? .

you stayed consistent with the ? talkin'

preeshiate it... and if we lose *knocks on wood * ill still be here but with a 5th...

sidenote: everyone that doubted got a wack and feelings...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • longnvl
    longnvl Members Posts: 1
    Options
    It's between the Spurs and OKC. I Got OKC winning it all, and the NBA start riding Durants & Westbrook as if they were Jordan & Pippen..
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They will beat Celtics in 6 in the finals.
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    spurs always been my favorite team
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Couple days ago you said the same thing about the sixers...you went on saying you even had a iverson jersey.LMAO@CJ
  • dunny.
    dunny. Members Posts: 232
    Options

Lmao this troll stay sonnin himself
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Couple days ago you said the same thing about the sixers...you went on saying you even had a iverson jersey.LMAO@CJ

i just found my tim duncan jersey

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ this thread

man they played the right teams but props to them
This discussion has been closed.