The Official 2012-2013 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    come on now a blind man can see why Winslow trade value was so low.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Yup. Clark's been signed, Winslow's been traded to the Seahawks. Seahawks gave up a 7th, that cane be turned into a 6th. I'm mad the Bucs didn't do better than that.

i'm sure thats the best possible deal they could get.

I don't get what would make his trade value that low

He's not a pro-bowl caliber player anymore (since '07), known to cause problems in the locker room and buck on coaches , and has had injury issues --- They're lucky to get anything for'em.

Pretty much......

Nobody worried about that has-been. Only reason why he's worth mentioning is because of who his old quarterback is. He's slow, he can't block, and Peyton isn't passing him the ball anymore.

haha you a Dallas Clark hater? I didn't even know those existed. He was talkin bout Winslow though, not Clark

I don't hate him. I just call a ? a ? .

You can't say dude's only worth mentioning because of who his QB is. He's had a respectable career. Harrison and Wayne only worth mentioning because of who their QB was? I don't think Tampa's expectin much of him though. The offense won't rely too heavily on TE play, and Winslow's replacement was already drafted. Think Clark is just there as a short term bridge and mentor to Stocker.

You bringing up the past when referring to "a respectable career". I'm talking about now. He aint ? now and hasn't been for a while. I never was really too impressed with him. He only had two great seasons. The rest of his career? Not so much

That's why I said it's not worth mentioning.

Dude had a HOF WR on both sides of him most of his career. How big did you expect his numbers to be? He got hurt 2 years ago, and last year the Colts QB situation was a joke. So have we really seen him fall off?

I've seen him reach his peak for a few years and be average at best for the rest. .

His numbers before may have looked average because of Harrison and Wayne.

His 2 best seasons are the 2 that happened right before him getting hurt. And that was Harrison's last year, and the season after he was gone. So that's when he wasn't sandwiched between 2 HOF'ers. I'm not sayin he's gonna come out and put up 800+ yards and double digit TD's. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he can still contribute.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the fact NFL is ordering players to wear more padding on legs, thighs, knees...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knee pads don't help you from blowing out a knee.

Knee and thigh pads only help from bruising ain't nothing else.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    ain't ? else really popping so i'll just drop some of this salary info i get from dude on a niners message board he's pretty accurate

QB:

Peyton Manning, Broncos - $18,000,000 - Signed thru 2016
    Matthew Stafford, Lions - $17,258,750 - Signed thru 2014
    Sam Bradford, Rams - $15,594,800 - Signed thru 2015
    Philip Rivers, Chargers - $15,310,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Michael Vick, Eagles - $14,7000,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Tom Brady, Patriots - $13,750,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Matt Ryan, Falcons - $12,990,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Matt Schaub, Texans - $10,983,333 - Signed thru 2012
    Jay Cutler, Bears - $9,600,000 - Signed thru 2013
    Eli Manning, Giants - $9,600,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Alex Smith, 49ers - $9,250,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Aaron Rodgers, Packers - $9,000,000 - Signed thru 2014
    Joe Flacco, Ravens - $8,860,000 - Signed thru 2012
    Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers - $8,615,000 - Signed thru 2015
    Matt Hasselbeck, Titans - $7,500,000 - Signed thru 2013
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    come on now a blind man can see why Winslow trade value was so low.

Why?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Yup. Clark's been signed, Winslow's been traded to the Seahawks. Seahawks gave up a 7th, that cane be turned into a 6th. I'm mad the Bucs didn't do better than that.

i'm sure thats the best possible deal they could get.

I don't get what would make his trade value that low

He's not a pro-bowl caliber player anymore (since '07), known to cause problems in the locker room and buck on coaches , and has had injury issues --- They're lucky to get anything for'em.

Pretty much......

Nobody worried about that has-been. Only reason why he's worth mentioning is because of who his old quarterback is. He's slow, he can't block, and Peyton isn't passing him the ball anymore.

Bruh they was talking bout winslow not clark......besides you got it twisted if you think dallas clark isnt a threat in offensive scheme.....he does block when he's needed too but why do that when he can get you a quick first down easy....slow? lol I'ma leave that one alone
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fuuuuuuuck, here we go wit this ? , AGAIN....Hakeem Nicks broke a bone in his foot, out 3 months....Hopefully he's ready for the opener....Sick of this injury ? every year..
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    tough break homie
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuck, here we go wit this ? , AGAIN....Hakeem Nicks broke a bone in his foot, out 3 months....Hopefully he's ready for the opener....Sick of this injury ? every year..
    the knee collector gives no passes to world champions....
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spags just move Martez Wilson to DE cause he said he looked more like a DE and a LB. ? he was killer at LB that little time he played.

Cant wait to see how Romeus and Hicks end up. I think both could be at the least contributors.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And this ? starts already. They say he should be back by preseason but damn this is not good.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Props to Sunday Night Football being the #1 show on television last year -- period. Sports, dramas, comedies, reality, news, -- whatever. No weekly program got better ratings than SNF.

Also proves MNF is officially on larry holmes status. Moving MNF to cable = WOAT decision NFL has made in decades.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

And this ? starts already. They say he should be back by preseason but damn this is not good.

Yea, I think he'll miss half of training camp smh...I hope he doesn't rush it though cuz we're gonna need him later in the season when ? gets real...But I guess it's better that this happened in May instead of August in training camp *knocks on wood*
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    shame on these ? talking like Colt mccoy had a chance to start after they drafted weeden. And the jets got tebow playing special teams lmao.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Props to Sunday Night Football being the #1 show on television last year -- period. Sports, dramas, comedies, reality, news, -- whatever. No weekly program got better ratings than SNF.

Also proves MNF is officially on larry holmes status. Moving MNF to cable = WOAT decision NFL has made in decades.

Seems like SNF always has one of the best match ups of the week, and after week 4 every MNF match leaves you thinking how the ? are these bums on tv. Not to mention MNF starts dam near 930 on the east coast. While SNF starts an hour earlier. That makes a big difference.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just glad this ? didn't happen during the regular season. Should be ready for the opener.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Dolphins will appear on Hard Knocks this year
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Seems like SNF always has one of the best match ups of the week, and after week 4 every MNF match leaves you thinking how the ? are these bums on tv. Not to mention MNF starts dam near 930 on the east coast. While SNF starts an hour earlier. That makes a big difference.

Monday night football starts at 8:30.

9pm start on ABC was the ? . True definition of Monday Night Football.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Beason rips 49ers' Alex Smith
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Jon Beason may not play offensive tackle, but he's certainly not afraid to protect his quarterback.

Beason, the Panthers' three-time Pro Bowl linebacker, fired back Friday at San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith via Twitter after comments he perceived were a slam on Carolina teammate Cam Newton.

Beason wrote, "Alex smith, don't hate on Cam (because) your stats would've gotten u cut if Peyton decided to come 2 San Fran. Truth b told. That's after a 13-3 yr."

Smith used Newton as an example earlier this week that big stats don't always equate to wins.

When Smith was asked Wednesday about the 49ers finishing 29th in NFL in passing yards per game last year, he defended the offense by pointing out the team's record. The 49ers went 13-3 and won their division before losing to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship.

"I could absolutely care less on yards per game," Smith told a group of reporters. "I think that is a totally overblown stat because if you're losing games in the second half, guess what, you're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half. Yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games. That's great. You're not winning, though."

Although Newton had a record-setting season and finished with more yards, touchdowns and 300-yard games than Smith -- and went to the Pro Bowl while Smith stayed home -- the Panthers finished 6-10.

That was Smith's point.

Beason's comments about Smith were in reference to the 49ers' initial interest in signing Peyton Manning, who became a hot free-agent prospect after being released by the Indianapolis Colts. When it became clear Manning was going to sign with the Denver Broncos, the 49ers decided to re-sign Smith.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Alex smith needs to sit his ass down. The context of what he was saying were on point but he was out of line directed it to Cam. should have just made a generalized statement not singling out any qb. As wack as his ass has been he should be the last person talking. .
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I don't want my son to play football," Scott, a 10-year NFL veteran, told the Daily News. "I play football so he won't have to. With what is going on, I don't know if it’s really worth it."

Bart did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that.
This discussion has been closed.