The Official Prometheus Thread (Release date - June 8, 2012)

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waiting for this ? to come out.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah like other dude said, I haven't really seen a Ridley Scott film I liked since Gladiator, and I wrote him off after Robin Hood (how do you ? that up?). But this ? is looking really good.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    BK Product wrote: »
    they rated them ? R...the ? ? for what?
    sometimes they just rate ? R cuz they don't want kids in the theater. word to the king's speech.

but apparently prometheus is supposed to be violent & swear a lot.....as it should be.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to ign i see how they tie in this with the other 3hand alien movies(4 dosent count). The distress signal with the aliens comes from one moon and promethues takes place on a few moons over. They both rotate one planet. The creatures in promethues trailer probally put the aliens on the other moon, we will find out why. Also we get to finally meet weyland and what he is after
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seats booked, usually avoid the fuckery of any premier in general, ? should be epic
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah like other dude said, I haven't really seen a Ridley Scott film I liked since Gladiator, and I wrote him off after Robin Hood (how do you ? that up?). But this ? is looking really good.

I actually like his brother Tony Scott cause he mostly does the action Flick. Ridley problem is his movies this decade have been hit or miss.

2000 Gladiator - Classic
    2001 Hannibal - Weak nowhere near Silence of the Lambs
    Black Hawk Down - Dope
    2003 Matchstick Men - Pretty Good
    2005 Kingdom of Heaven - Average
    2006 A Good Year - Weak
    2007 American Gangster - Dope
    2008 Body of Lies - Weak
    2010 Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves >>>>> This ?

So "Prometheus" he is trying to redeem himself. "American Gangster" was the last good thing he has done. Outside of Gladiator and American Gangster, he did 3 weak movies with Russell Crowe.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I actually like his brother Tony Scott cause he mostly does the action Flick. Ridley problem is his movies this decade have been hit or miss.

2000 Gladiator - Classic
    2001 Hannibal - Weak nowhere near Silence of the Lambs
    Black Hawk Down - Dope
    2003 Matchstick Men - Pretty Good
    2005 Kingdom of Heaven - Average
    2006 A Good Year - Weak
    2007 American Gangster - Dope
    2008 Body of Lies - Weak
    2010 Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves >>>>> This ?

So "Prometheus" he is trying to redeem himself. "American Gangster" was the last good thing he has done. Outside of Gladiator and American Gangster, he did 3 weak movies with Russell Crowe.

Co-sign all u said except I thought Hannibal was pretty good.

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just copped the alien anthology on blu ray for 32 bucks on eBay it's the uk version but it still works on my blu ray player
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma be front and center when it comes out
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant wait to see this and give me review of it. it currently has an overwhelming positive response from critics. i also thought scott made the best installment in the alien series
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    cant wait to see this and give me review of it. it currently has an overwhelming positive response from critics. i also thought scott made the best installment in the alien series

Alien and Aliens are Classics for different reason. From an action movie standpoint, Aliens is one of the best so James did a great job dropping a Classic sequel and upping the ante. But I agree that the 1st Alien is the best cause Ridley skill to make it mysterious and suspenseful while keeping it really Sci-fi. The Game Changing movies up to that point was Jaws, Star Wars and Rocky. Then came Superman and Alien in the late 70's which changed their genre. But I actually enjoyed the 1st 3 Alien movies, it didn't get wack to me until Alien:Resurrection which I will not watch again. Alien 3 took it back to part 1 with one alien and no weapons.

• Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant wait for this flick, ? gonna be epic.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    couple of days till I see this goatness...

yo I'm bout to have some of dat bluberry muffin blown in the wind...

? is going to be proper as ? !!

? is already GOAT before I see it...
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    body of lies is hella underrated

"Body of Lies" started out ok but fell apart by the end. With both Leo and Russell should of came out better than that.
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    couple of days till I see this goatness...

yo I'm bout to have some of dat bluberry muffin blown in the wind...

? is going to be proper as ? !!

? is already GOAT before I see it...

Well I guess you live overseas since it's dropping overseas a week early, enjoy it man, give your review in this post but with No Spoilers. Can't wait to hear what you think. I like reviews from real people not paid off critics.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    starvin wrote: »

Video just confirmed it's a prequel to Alien with two words: Weyland Corporation. Seriously. Gotta watch this ? first day out now.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Debating over whether to go and see this at midnight tonight or leave it for another day.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Debating over whether to go and see this at midnight tonight or leave it for another day.

See that ? TONIGHT!

• Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Spoiler Alert: Don't go to wikipedia...those ? got the whole plot online. Couldn't those ? wait at least till the US gets the movie?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

See that ? TONIGHT!

LOL. Yeah, I ended up watching it in the end.

Felt letdown by the film to be honest. The film looked absolutely stunning and Michael Fassbender was great (creepy as ? ), but the dialogue/script felt dire and it just wasn't much suspense or horror apart from two or so scenes. It felt like Ridley Scott was rushing the film as well. As someone that loves Alien it's pretty crushing that Prometheus just doesn't do the the whole 'Alien' universe any justice.

That's just my opinion before people on here start wetting their knickers and start getting angry.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it tonight with weed in my lungs .. IMAX 3D

Sheer dopeness and a very brilliant script. Might win the Oscar for Production Design.

R. Scott has redeemed himself.

Scorsese, Spielberg, Coppola and all those vets should follow suit
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Saw it tonight with weed in my lungs .. IMAX 3D

Sheer dopeness and a very brilliant script. Might win the Oscar for Production Design.

R. Scott has redeemed himself.

Scorsese, Spielberg, Coppola and all those vets should follow suit

That's Great to here, I've got my tickets for IMAX 3D Midnight for Thursday. It's been getting mixed to great reviews but I knew this movie was going to be a "Love it or Hate it" type of movie that will have people talking. Can't wait, only 4 days away.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    will be seeing this tommorrow
  • rapmastermind
    edited June 2012
    Options
    To get ready for "Prometheus", I am re watching "The Alien Trilogy" (Alien: R and AVP series need not apply).

Alien_poster_1979_cut.jpg

Grade (A) This movie is a masterpiece. It's amazing how it holds up 33 years after it's release in 1979. The whole movie is trippy as hell as you find out a crew is basically set up for death as a money hungry corporation tries to weapon-ize a new species. Ripley displays her leadership qualities from the beginning. The Suspense is what really drives the movie. Just like "Jaws" before and Hitchcock before that, you didn't need to see an Alien at every turn, the darkness and silence was haunting enough. Also I'm happy to say the brotha in the film makes it further than most, lol. The ? was perfect, just when you thought it was over. There it was still ready to ? . Classic. That tag line was crazy "In Space nobody can hear you scream".
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This Fassbender dude is a revelation as an actor

The main actress (Noomi Rapace), is also a good actor

the rest were good also but Charlize Theron had the worst part IMO. She didn't give any dimension to the story

Oh ... and this film >>> AVATAR + INCEPTION by far