The Official Prometheus Thread (Release date - June 8, 2012)

Options

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Still Cool Beans
    Your right, Cause they were on LV-223 and in Alien it was LV-426, I think this is the start of a new trilogy and the 3rd film like Revenge of the Sith did with A New Hope will tie right into Alien. Yo the more I think about it, the more doper the film gets in my mind. It was mad deep. Also the ending shows that that aliens in the other films came from a mixture of Human DNA and the Engineers DNA, it's crazy. So though this isn't a Direct prequel to Alien, it's still a prequel but there is more story to be told. Ridley outdid himself with this one. I think your right though, the ship in Alien may end up being Noomi's and David ship but they have to show it in a sequel

It's not a prequel it's the alien universe but a different story. Some thing do overlap but that's gonna happen when it's the same universe. Fassbender performance stole the show.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    Options
    Amazing movie! I ordered the Alien Anthology off Amazon because of how dope prometheus was... See this movie! And ? Avatar
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Still Cool Beans
    Your right, Cause they were on LV-223 and in Alien it was LV-426, I think this is the start of a new trilogy and the 3rd film like Revenge of the Sith did with A New Hope will tie right into Alien. Yo the more I think about it, the more doper the film gets in my mind. It was mad deep. Also the ending shows that that aliens in the other films came from a mixture of Human DNA and the Engineers DNA, it's crazy. So though this isn't a Direct prequel to Alien, it's still a prequel but there is more story to be told. Ridley outdid himself with this one. I think your right though, the ship in Alien may end up being Noomi's and David ship but they have to show it in a sequel
    You make a good point. Now that Ive watched it again, I like it a little more. But still, there was just too much stupid stuff going on. I liked how the one guy said " I like rocks, Im not here to see dead bodies, Im headed back to the ship" I was starting to like that guy cause he had some sense. But then how did they get lost when they were only like 15 min from the ship? lol Then out of the blue you want to go pet a foreign species instead of getting away as far as you can from it? and then the captain decided to hook up with the white girl at the precise time when the two guys get attacked. And what was the point of even having that white girl in the movie? She really didnt do anything or have a purpose.

and who the hell just takes their helmets off on another planet? Even if the air was breathable, who is to say you still cant get contaminated? Most of the characters really werent that interesting or likable. And then the woman couldnt have children yet she gave birth to an alien? Hell, she got her stomach cut open and decided to put on a space suit and go into a hostile environment?

I loved the visuals, and there is alot of room open for other movies, but I dont like how it was advertised as an action packed movie when really it was more of a backstory with lots of dialogue. But i like it a bit better after watching it online again. Watching the DNA of the engineer and the alien was still worth seeing this movie.

Too many wtf moments for me to really call this a good movie. With that said, im a fan of the alien franchise so Ill prob get the DVD when it comes out.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Best movie in a few years hoping ridley Scott does the next one if they continue
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now y'all make me wanna go back and watch the first one again, just to put the pieces together.
  • jay83
    Options
    Best movie in a few years hoping ridley Scott does the next one if they continue

really? I think it was descent, but I went in the movie thinking it was going to be a straight alienfest.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was there alot of gore in this movie?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was there alot of gore in this movie?

no
    but the death scenes were pretty ill
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    just got home from seeing this. the effects and setting blew my ? mind. ridley put his ass in this and set the bar for future technological sci-fi movies. it met all my expectations ? the people that didn't like it.
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh@ me thinking the big stone statue head was modeled after the faggy ? -king dude from 300.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    Options
    Yo Naomi Rice is sexy, that is all.
  • EscoHovNyGo
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cgi is probably the best I've ever seen in a movie.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    memphis10 wrote: »
    Good movie...a little overhyped doe. mind blowing CGI...I can only hope ps4 and next Xbox graphics are this good. is it just me or was the android the most interesting.character?

He was fassbender gave the best performance. I can understand people not liking the movie but some people are saying its terrible that doesn't make sense to me.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    He was fassbender gave the best performance. I can understand people not liking the movie but some people are saying its terrible that doesn't make sense to me.

Yea David 8 was the best performance but the Andriods in the Alien Series always were good characters. Ash, Bishop and even wynoia ryder. The visuals were crazy once they got on the planet. Are there some plot holes? Sure but I think that was done purposely to set up a new franchise. Everything that his happening is leading up to the 1st Alien. I think people not liking it were expecting some Action Packed sci-fi movie but it's more in the vein of the original "Alien" which was a horror/suspense sci-fi movie. Here is the timeline:

Prometheus - 2093
    Alien - 2122
    Aliens and Alien 3 - 2179
    Alien 4 - 2379

It's obvious there's going to be a Part 2 after this scene:
    tumblr_m5bglrW3TI1r09b6xo1_400.gif
  • jay83
    Options

Yea David 8 was the best performance but the Andriods in the Alien Series always were good characters. Ash, Bishop and even wynoia ryder. The visuals were crazy once they got on the planet. Are there some plot holes? Sure but I think that was done purposely to set up a new franchise. Everything that his happening is leading up to the 1st Alien.I think people not liking it weere expecting some Action Packed sci-fi movie but it's more in the vein of the original "Ali en" which was a horror/suspense sci-fi movi. Here is the timeline:

Prometheus - 2093
    Alien - 2122
    Aliens and Alien 3 - 2179
    Alien 4 - 2379

yeah, I was thinking the same. But after watching it again online knowing what i was getting into, i enjoyed it more. And it seems like in every alien movie some androids head is always coming off. lol.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

i had to laugh when i saw that at the end for people that vehemently denied and disagreed that this was a prequel.
    that alien (xenomorph?) only came from one place how can Prometheus NOT be a prequel
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

rip.dilla wrote: »
    This Fassbender dude is a revelation as an actor

The main actress (Noomi Rapace), is also a good actor

the rest were good also but Charlize Theron had the worst part IMO. She didn't give any dimension to the story

Oh ... and this film >>> AVATAR + INCEPTION by far

memphis10 wrote: »
    Good movie...a little overhyped doe. mind blowing CGI...I can only hope ps4 and next Xbox graphics are this good. is it just me or was the android the most interesting.character?

i told ? a few months ago in a thread i made...

michael fassbender>>>>>

his performance in x-men: first class was underrated because overall, the movie was kinda hokey in some ways
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cot damn @ me being the only one who was feeling the movie out of the ? i went to go see it with. ? ?
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is there that statue of the human head?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    why is there that statue of the human head?

its not a human head.. the ancient alien race is humanoid
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not impressed looks predictable

Basically. These ? go out into space to find some white humanoids who are basically the fathers of mankind.

I'm trippin off this hollywood racism.

At least the Black dude was a hero and not some shady ass or a coward how we're usually portrayed.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just saw it. they left a lot of unanswered questions.... and all of them in the film were idiots
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    @Still Cool Beans
    You make a good point. Now that Ive watched it again, I like it a little more. But still, there was just too much stupid stuff going on. I liked how the one guy said " I like rocks, Im not here to see dead bodies, Im headed back to the ship" I was starting to like that guy cause he had some sense. But then how did they get lost when they were only like 15 min from the ship? lol Then out of the blue you want to go pet a foreign species instead of getting away as far as you can from it? and then the captain decided to hook up with the white girl at the precise time when the two guys get attacked. And what was the point of even having that white girl in the movie? She really didnt do anything or have a purpose.

and who the hell just takes their helmets off on another planet? Even if the air was breathable, who is to say you still cant get contaminated? Most of the characters really werent that interesting or likable. And then the woman couldnt have children yet she gave birth to an alien? Hell, she got her stomach cut open and decided to put on a space suit and go into a hostile environment?

I loved the visuals, and there is alot of room open for other movies, but I dont like how it was advertised as an action packed movie when really it was more of a backstory with lots of dialogue. But i like it a bit better after watching it online again. Watching the DNA of the engineer and the alien was still worth seeing this movie.

Too many wtf moments for me to really call this a good movie. With that said, im a fan of the alien franchise so Ill prob get the DVD when it comes out.

also the robot contaminated dude by putting that ? in his drink. No one was contaminated from the air.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enjoyed the flick,but still a lot of unanswered questions.