when it comes to punchlines. No one is seeing chino XL.

Options

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that ? looks good on paper, but when he actually says the rhyme, it sounds forced and sloppy.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nshj_fcsojk

This is forced??? He rides the beat flawlessly and delivers the rhymes effortlessly..? making ? up..
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol these dudes still on that forced ? . Those lines posted would tear banks and cassidy apart.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    "I'll snatch you out your Roots like your from Illadelph what I do to push your hairline back Rogaine won't help"

"My multi topic written flows contains subjects that vary but still all relative like West Virginans before they marry"

• nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    "I'm making it rain with my point of view, its insane I couldn't live with myself if I was you struggling to make the next dance step that look stupid, ? Valentines Day Im shooting hollow points at cupid"

"There making Hip Hop a joke when there nothing to smile at so I stay stoned like naked white women hoeing in Iraq"
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Those Punches by Banks and Cass were wack as ? ..I guess simple mind are easily impressed by simple ?

Straight Jab knock outs usually get more buzz than thought out sloppy combinations.... and a clever line does not = Punchlines....

U think this wack ? "Dont be Suprised if Homie start smackin u
    Cuz i got the Hook Up you'll be Black and Blue" is dope nor does it hard especially from a guy who rhymes as if he's sleep walking.

*Never Experience the Wonderful Percy Miller Productions Post....

• nujerz84
    Options
    Those Punches by Banks and Cass were wack as ? ..I guess simple mind are easily impressed by simple ?

Straight Jab knock outs usually get more buzz than thought out sloppy combinations.... and a clever line does not = Punchlines....

Cuz i got the Hook Up you'll be Black and Blue" is dope nor does it hard especially from a guy who rhymes as if he's sleep walking.

Using a wack Master P movie as reference doesn't make it dope.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

Using a wack Master P movie as reference doesn't make it dope.

Reference is still hot *Shrugs*

00-ost-i_got_the_hook-up-1998-front-sut_int.jpg
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

I've seen one or two people ever knocked out from a jab, jabs do not have much power to them, horrible analogy. How can a sloppy combination be "thought out" at all?. That is a contradiction.

I have spoken to Chino about this stuff and his punchlines are not forced at all so lol @ whoever gave me a nosign when I spoke to dude about his rhymes man.Between people being impressed by these mediocre Cassidy lyrics and AR-AB and Lloyd Banks lyrics I can't take you guys serious at all.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? that got called out by Pac?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll act like BiG L never spit a rhyme in his life? ? chino xl

BIG L>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • juan travolta
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

the only time I heard Chino XL in dis cypher nd he sounded like one of them bitter ass hip-hop heads tbh so i didnt check for his catalogue at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKTVt5hBUzI

or he just didn't say what you wanted to hear.

wat the hell is dat supposed to mean? u actin like I said his verse was wack or sumthin lol dude is lyrical but in dat track dat i listened to he came off angry, on dat ? the industry backpack MC philosophical ? it aint cool to bump dat ? all da time man

• Gen. Stasia
    Options

I've seen one or two people ever knocked out from a jab, jabs do not have much power to them, horrible analogy. How can a sloppy combination be "thought out" at all?. That is a contradiction.

I have spoken to Chino about this stuff and his punchlines are not forced at all so lol @ whoever gave me a nosign when I spoke to dude about his rhymes man.Between people being impressed by these mediocre Cassidy lyrics and AR-AB and Lloyd Banks lyrics I can't take you guys serious at all.

Just because something is Thought Out doesnt mean the execution is going to be on Point.... And u never seen somebody get knocked out with one punch?? Really?
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    yeah rite no 1 is seein chino xl cuz 2 tupac end;d him wit 1line lol
  • juan travolta
    Options
    the only time I heard Chino XL in dis cypher nd he sounded like one of them bitter ass hip-hop heads tbh so i didnt check for his catalogue at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKTVt5hBUzI

or he just didn't say what you wanted to hear.

wat the hell is dat supposed to mean? u actin like I said his verse was wack or sumthin lol dude is lyrical but in dat track dat i listened to he came off angry, on dat ? the industry backpack MC philosophical ? it aint cool to bump dat ? all da time man

that's what i meant u didn't want to hear his content.

GeE-757 wrote: »
    yeah rite no 1 is seein chino xl cuz 2 tupac end;d him wit 1line lol

chino xl would destroy 2pac. but 2pac is still the GOAT.

Just because something is Thought Out doesnt mean the execution is going to be on Point.... And u never seen somebody get knocked out with one punch?? Really?

when big L, banks, or cassidy make a track like wordsmith holla at me.
  • juan travolta
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Ya'll act like BiG L never spit a rhyme in his life? ? chino xl

BIG L>>>>>>>>>>>>>

big l most def is not seeing chino xl. have you listened to chino XL or are just commenting on some ? you never actually listened to?...

• SlickestR
    Options
    ? Chino XL i don't even know what the ? look like.
  • juan travolta
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »

why would u care what he look though are u a ? ? lol.

• nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    Options
    poor man's Big L
  • juan travolta
    Options
    nineties wrote: »
    poor man's Big L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6itMg9nGg

yeah because big L could spit something like this. big L was one dimensional.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »

why would u care what he look though are u a ? ? lol.

How would you come to that conclusion? Obviously when you're talking about somebody to people, they can automatically identify who the person it is you're talking about whether mentally or visually.
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    poor man's Big L

pretty good track but:

I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet. - Big L in 1995
    I'm so ahead of my time, my parents are still in diapers and teething. - Chino XL in 2001

• juan travolta
    Options
    poor man's Big L

pretty good track but:

I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet. - Big L in 1995
    I'm so ahead of my time, my parents are still in diapers and teething. - Chino XL in 2001

big L had predictable punchlines.

• starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried listening to a chino xl album ..couldn't do it mayne no hate