Injustice: Gods Among Us - New DC Universe Fighting Game

Options

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the characters arent showing up right when the game drops. theyll come eventually, like Rain and Freddy and Scarlet came later for MK
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game looks corny as ? but I'm still gonna cop on first day, play it for a week then trade it in. ? it got nothing better to do with $65
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There is a demo dropping on tuesday with Batman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a demo dropping on tuesday with Batman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor.

I'll play it and give it a verdict when it drops.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    harley quinn all day
  • earth two superman
    Options
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at everybody having diamonds and stones and ? and green lantern has a burger. superman wrong for that
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ex-soldier wrote: »
    ? ...

Not surprised though, we've been paying for what used to be considered unlockable content this whole generation.

This is the #1 reason why I'm just prolly just gonna stick to PC gaming for everything except like, Madden

its like muhfuckas WANT me to bootleg ?
    Wild Self wrote: »
    way too many batman characters in this, shouldve used those slots for other characters. We got batman, nightwing, joker, harley, bane, catwoman - stop it already

Yeah that is true. But Batman is DC's biggest moneymaker. They should have a few more Superman characters Like Darkseid, Lobo, Metallo, Supergirl, Zod, etc. Even Wonder woman characters would have been good.

Wonder Woman characters pfffffffffffffft hahahaha ok.

Nightwing is a bit unnecessary. Much rather see Lobo.

This will prolly be a 7.5/10 game.....cool for a rental but you first day coppers will regret it.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Wonder Woman characters pfffffffffffffft hahahaha ok.

Ares, Circe and Cheetah are considered 3 of the greatest villains of all time by people who actually follow and read comic books.

Dr. ? would be interesting because you'd be using telepathy and creating illusions (altering the levels and even your opponents themselves during a match) which would create a fresh dynamic for a fighting game character. Giganta would be cool because well she's a ? giant.

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    demo is hot garbage.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, not feeling this ? at all.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Impression on the Injustice demo

Graphics
    This game looks very impressive. Each character looks very nice and similar to there comic book counter part. The backgrounds are also well done and are full of detail. I also like how the costume on characters becomes damaged over time.

Sound
    Its only a demo so I can't really give a full impression on the sound. The sound bits that were on the demo were pretty good.

Gameplay
    Now its time for the most important of the game. While the does play somewhat better than MK9 its still isn't that great. Although they said it would play faster than MK9 its really not that much faster. Movement still feels stiff and clunky(This is with every character BTW). Unlike MK each character actually play and feel different from one another. Each character has a decent array moves and frame data is even shown on them(all fighting games should copy) but, I can't stand are those lame ass factory made dial-in-combos. Each character also has a unique ability the can pull with press of a button(Ex Lex Luthor has a energy shield). Also the environment interactions are way too gimmicky for me i hope they add the ability to remove on the full game.

Overall: Its not complete ? like I thought it would be but, It still isn't great and it sure as ? won't make people drop SSF4, UMVC3 or KOFXIII anytime soon.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it feels slower than MK9 to me
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ares is supposed to be the final boss I think
  • Heracy
    Heracy Members Posts: 8
    Options
    I downloaded the demo today and put the time in. It's going to be crazy when it drops. There is a big roster , and the combat is dope. They even list frame advantage/recovery info in the move list! Crazy!
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a chance to play the full version at work today. I don't usually like fighters but this game is so intense and easy to jump into. It's got a lot of depth with special moves and combos. The story mode was cool. My main character is gonna be Green Arrow
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    game looks tight
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Ares is supposed to be the final boss I think

Naw he like the 5th guy you fight in the story, Doomsday is boss.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ckKIQuArLQ

Finally a real DC fighting game done right.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Lol at everybody having diamonds and stones and ? and green lantern has a burger. superman wrong for that

green lantern and hamburgers are like a meme for some reason
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ima be dead ass honest.

If you don't follow or even have an open mind about DC Comics, beyond batman and superman, you're simply not gonna enjoy it as much as someone who does. You're not gonna recognize who's fighting in the backgrounds, why the missions are called Star Labs. if you don't know what Red Son or Flashpoint is, or you're surprised that Aquaman is such a badass, you're simply gonna see it as a copy of MK. Fans of DC have waited a long ass time for a game like this. if youre gonna be some ? who breaks down the core mechanics of fighting games analyzing every kick and punch, it's probably not going to be very deep for you. This game was made by dc comics fans. and they're the ones who are gonna probably get the most enjoyment out of it.

The story itself is so good, it could have been used as the final chapter in the old DC universe if they really would have wanted to completely finish it off and really start over. i doubt anyone remembers the storyline of any marvel vs capcom game.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options