Injustice: Gods Among Us - New DC Universe Fighting Game

Options

Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This is the game that is supposed to impress the FGC?

This is the game thats supposed to make people stop playing UMVC3, SSf4 and KOF13?
    1310428349083_0.png

Damn even after going bankrupt Ed Boon is still completely clueless on how to make a good fighting game
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    i already beat the story mode. superman went in mirking dudes. my favs are nightwing, deathstroke and surprised aquaman came hard in this game. have code for red son pack. for 360 tho

Superman gave no ? . Joker had me dying taunting lex when he fell on the truck
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the game thats supposed to make people stop playing UMVC3, SSf4 and KOF13?
    1310428349083_0.png

Damn even after going bankrupt Ed Boon is still completely clueless on how to make a good fighting game

It ain't perfect but its fun. Can't see it having a big competitive scene.

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hate how they make you pay for characters that should be included in the game. I love fighting games but I'm not going to drop 60 because i know ill play it in a week and be done with it. that's even with it being online.
  • peagle05
    Options
    Lobo-noscale.jpg

lobo first DLC character
  • genocidecutter
    edited April 2013
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    Lobo-noscale.jpg

lobo first DLC character

Those ? . They knew Lobo was a highly requested character so they purposely kept him off the full game.

1310428349083_0.png

It ain't perfect but its fun. Can't see it having a big competitive scene.

Naw people will play it for like 3 months then drop it just like MK9
  • peagle05
    Options
    Playing battles mode is like classic MK ladders each character has a cutscene at the end
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Injustice: Gods Among Us review round up - IGN, EGM, Game Informer, Machinima and more
    Posted by DreamKing23 — 7 hours, 23 minutes ago
    Injustice: Gods Among Us review round up - IGN, EGM, Game Informer, Machinima and more With the North American release of Injustice: Gods Among Us on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U, many players have gotten their hands on the game. However, some fans out there may be skeptical about purchasing NetherRealm's new DC fighter.

If you fall into the latter category, you're in luck. Today we have rounded up multiple reviews from some of the most prominent gaming sites online right now.

Check out the scores from the critics below and hit each link to read their full reviews.

• Electronic Gaming Monthly - 9.5
    • Official Xbox Magazine - 9.0
    • Game Informer - 9.0
    • Machinima- 8.5
    • IGN - 8.2
    • GamesRadar - 8.0
    • Post Arcade - 8.0
    • Lazy Gamer - 7.5
    • Cheat Code Central - 7.0
    • Metro GameCentral - 7.0
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is just MK with DC characters.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is just MK with DC characters.

sans fatalities
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    this ? is way slower paced than mk9 tho... the juggles and ? gone take a minute to get going for me.. i still copped that bish tho
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if it plays slower than MK9, (and i dont know since i havent gotten my copy yet) its probably because theres characters in Injustice that are meant to be slow. Everyone in MK is fast really. If Grundy and Doomsday moved as fast as nightwing and green arrow it wouldn't really be right.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    if it plays slower than MK9, (and i dont know since i havent gotten my copy yet) its probably because theres characters in Injustice that are meant to be slow. Everyone in MK is fast really. If Grundy and Doomsday moved as fast as nightwing and green arrow it wouldn't really be right.

Yeah ur right.. cuz when the big dudes hit u u feel it more.. much stronger attacks but slower speeds .. I don't like the way green lantern levitates tho... makes him sluggish at times .. oh yeah the story mode is GOAT btw
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I played all day yesterday. I'm diggin, but I go back and forth on certain aspects. I do agree that the combat is slower than MK9 (which is weird), but everybody seems to have pretty good mobility and dashes.

Right now I like
    Green Arrow
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Shazam
    Superman
    Killer Frost
    Black Adam
    Hawkgirl
    Bane
    Lex

Not Feelin
    Cyborg
    Ares
    Batman
    Catwoman
    Green Latern
    Sinestro
    Soloman Grundy

Need more time
    Nightwing
    Harley Quinn
    The Joker
    Doomsday

Raven and Deathstroke are both cheap as ? .
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That wager ? is one of the worst mechanics in a fighter ever.
  • focus
    Options
    That wager x-factor and pandora ? is one of the worst mechanics in a fighter ever.

Fixed.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    That wager x-factor and pandora ? is one of the worst mechanics in a fighter ever.

Fixed.

Explain to me how a guessing game is worse than X-factor
  • focus
    edited April 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Fixed.

Explain to me how a guessing game is worse than X-factor

Its not just a guessing game. Its about managing your meter and knowing when/how to use it and what characters to use it with....and depending on one's play style, its not a guessing game at all. You can force a wager knowing you have more meter which grants you an automatic win in the wager and inturn, additional benefits. Basically, there was thought put into it and you/we have to put thought into using it.

Its not "oh, i'm losing...let me save x-factor for my third slot and become a super character for a comeback. And, oh...even if my opponent turns theirs on too it wont matter because they still have 2 or 3 characters so my x-factor will be stronger and last longer...and all this for getting my ass kicked most the match!"

Of course x-factor is not always used that way, but most of the time, it is...and any kind of blatant, automatic comeback mechinism in a fighting game is "the worst ever".
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PSN = BlackbeardVII if yall bout that life
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    figured Id post this in here too since yall prolly dont check the FGC thread

Civil War tournament this weekend stream is live now

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/apr/19/civil-war-v-tournament-live-injustice-gods-among-us-debut-major-tournament-featuring-chrisg-dieminion-sabin-sanford-kelly-and-more/

The Civil War V tournament is set to kick off today with the first tournament starting at 4 p.m. PDT in Richmond, Virginia. This will be the first major tournament for Injustice: Gods Among Us, but you can also expect Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken v2013, Mortal Kombat 9, King of Fighters 13 Darkstalkers Resurrection and more.

Some of the notable players that are expected to show are AGE|NYChrisG, EMP|Dieminion, EMP|Santhrax, TS|Sabin, FNEX|KBrad, MH|RayRay, MH|Flux, TS|Fooblat, TS|NerdJosh, MK_REO,IGT|Unknown, FR|Roachking, EMP|Jon Slayton, RyRy, Fighting GM, Damdai, Ganelon, LordKnight, Psyken and more.

• genocidecutter
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    figured Id post this in here too since yall prolly dont check the FGC thread

Civil War tournament this weekend stream is live now

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/apr/19/civil-war-v-tournament-live-injustice-gods-among-us-debut-major-tournament-featuring-chrisg-dieminion-sabin-sanford-kelly-and-more/

The Civil War V tournament is set to kick off today with the first tournament starting at 4 p.m. PDT in Richmond, Virginia. This will be the first major tournament for Injustice: Gods Among Us, but you can also expect Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken v2013, Mortal Kombat 9, King of Fighters 13 Darkstalkers Resurrection and more.

Some of the notable players that are expected to show are AGE|NYChrisG, EMP|Dieminion, EMP|Santhrax, TS|Sabin, FNEX|KBrad, MH|RayRay, MH|Flux, TS|Fooblat, TS|NerdJosh, MK_REO,IGT|Unknown, FR|Roachking, EMP|Jon Slayton, RyRy, Fighting GM, Damdai, Ganelon, LordKnight, Psyken and more.

Maybe high level play will change my mind about the game
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Ok is this game any good ? Cuz I'm seriously considering buying it. I want to buy it b/c it looks like it runs like MK9 and I loved MK9. Also how many of you on here play it ?

Someone let me know how the gameplay & the mechanics are.

Its MK9 with DC characters.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why Superman look like Ryan Reynolds? Lol