The Official Newsroom Season 1 Thread!

Options

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the writing isnt as dramatic as West Wing its leans more on the comedy side. Its still every bit as good in comedy terms....witty, sharp, and cutting enough to separate the riff raff in the audience.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah this show is written well! I'm not finding many flaws.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i died when he told that chick to get the hell outa the meeting when she brought up the ipad release
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats this show about?
  • rage
    Options
    Jack McCoy stay killing every scene!
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Waterson is that Guy!
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Yo Will tried "slumdog millionaire" when he came up to him with his girl! Lol
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jane fonda is a grimey ? for setting will up..dude can't ? a chick just to ? a chick regardless of of how bad she is..she need to be smart for him to get aroused
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    jane fonda is a grimey ? for setting will up..dude can't ? a chick just to ? a chick regardless of of how bad she is..she need to be smart for him to get aroused

going back a few eps: i thought it was great how Mack was talking ? to Will about taking the cheerleader out how she only would want him for money and fame. Then the next day he goes out with a brain surgeon LMAO subtle Ether at its finest.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show is very dope to me so far.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So now that Munn has been seen topless in that movie, might as well do a small screen scene on this show. Just end the season with it, like a cherry on top.. lol

But this episode was good, I like how when news breaks ? everything else. And the simple idea he's stating facts in his broadcast could actually educate some of his audience watching The Newsroom.

And Will McAvoy is like Bill Maher, registered Republican who noticed how far right his party has gone and isn't holding back speaking the truth. I suppose that's apropos considering they start this show when Real Time went on a break.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Also if I haven't said it before I was always a fan of the original Law and Order.. I like seeing my boy Jack McCoy Sam Waterson back in a similar roll but more outgoing.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @s.Jr. yo don't disrespect McAvoy lol. Maher is a know-it-all ? . And Maher is a registered Democrat. Maher does some good, but he never allows anyone to challenge him.

Otherwise your post is good! I'm glad people like this show because I love it!
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I know Maher is now for sure. But I swore I heard him saw he was registered Republican anyway, I should've said voted republican, but understands who far right they've moved.

Idk, I ? with Real Time.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I love real time too! Republicans are irrational the whole party stands on the ground of slander and misinformation. Voting for them defies rationality right now.
  • BK Product
    Options
    Real time is the truth... but Bill is biased as well.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK Product wrote: »

Huh? Either its the "truth" or its biased...but it cant be both.

I ? with Real Time and just like Will McAvoy, Bill only deals in facts. Not their fault the Republicans have gone so far right that the center is now considered left.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    focus wrote: »

I ? with Real Time and just like Will McAvoy, Bill only deals in facts. Not their fault the Republicans have gone so far right that the center is now considered left.
    keep it real...bill maher sometimes will bring people on his panel solely for the purposes of tellin em to shut the ? up lol.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Bill Maher stays cutting someone off that makes a better point than him. The show is good though.

McAvoy is a little more open to conversation than Maher lol
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I'm glad buddy finally got some butt too...Maggie ain't given it to hin
  • BK Product
    Options
    focus wrote: »

its a great show... doesnt mean Bill doesnt get carried away some time....
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I know Bill says a lot whenever a republican mentions some "fact" or idea that isn't being talked about by liberals. He hates giving them their say only to check it out and its complete ? . So he doesn't like giving awareness to counter points like that.

Anyway so which character is gonna smash Olivia Munn on camera?
  • rage
    Options
    Will and even the show is very much like Anderson Coopers "360"
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Anderson Cooper doesn't keep it real!

Yeah Bill kibosh's a lot. He does keep it real though very good show. He needs to learn when o stop being a comic though. Burning nitpicking the show is dope!

• BK Product
    Options
    saw a lil vingette about how they film the show.... they actually film Will as the anchor and the newsroom simultaneously.. they are all connected through earpieces. i thought that was pretty cool. Might be why it comes off so realistic. i sure its on youtube or hbo go if someone can find it..