The Official Newsroom Season 1 Thread!

Options

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah he did the morning news circuit today it was dope. Jeff Daniels and Aaron Sorkin are projecting their unbiased (in there mind) opinions through the show. That's what I learned. I think that's cool
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    episode 5 was a dud.

i'm salty they barely covered the wisconsin protests. it woulda been a good opportunity to show that will isn't a RINO, but they ? up & went at the koch brothers again instead of discussing scott walker's plan.

the rudy thing at the end was nice tho.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any good streaming sites for this show?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show has a tonne of potential if they can just get the writing under control...good thing Sorkin got rid of the bunch of them.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @rage
    Sorkin said that it's only him and one other person writing everything!

Episode five was weird. They couldn't quite pull together their thoughts and emotions. That scene with will was dope. He doesn't compromise.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? ? up talking about she's a journalist knowing damn well he hated what she did. Went from $50k in her pocket to him simply paying for drinks.

Not sure when the season ends but if Olivia Munn isn't bent over on camera by the time it does, that will be the only thing I'm disappointed in. ? I'd love to have one of those intelligent but socially awkward women with a good job who is sexy and seems to under achieve when picking who to be in a relationship with. Give her that consistent good ? , she won't ever go anywhere else.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Good episode this week! Will spilling his guts was dope. Dude wondering if Jim is getting at his girl is cool dynamic. Especially seeing as he went hard on Jim in the early episodes. Why does everyone confide in munn's character?
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Really enjoyed this episode. More than the story, but the way that went back and forth telling the story in hindsight. I think that made it even more powerful as it got better and better while saving the best stuff for the end.. or essentially the "beginning".

Damn Olivia Munn's character got even sexier when she was speaking fluent Japanese. In regards to everyone confiding in her, because she seems like someone who has their ? together but doesn't flaunt that or her beauty? So the response they are expecting to get from her is more rational. Just guessing.

I liked the back and forth between Will and Lonnie (Terry Crews) hope he's around for a couple more episodes.

Also the guy who played the psychiatrist played his role well.

I almost forgot about the radiation story in Japan.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Also as "right" as Will was in dissecting the black dude on air about his affiliation with Rick ? , I agree with what the black dude finished by saying don't shuttle me into being a black or ? person, im more than that.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Well, just watched the preview for the next episode. I guess Lonnie is in it. And they maybe going straight to Osama Bin Laden got clapped up. Should be good.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Good answer to the munn question!!! The black guy stood tall amidst the barrage. Like wee-bay eating horse radish and roast beef sandwiches while carrying murder after murder. Lol!

He held his ground well. Will's non-compromise alongside his angst to understand makes him very likeable.

What to you think about him keeping the ring?
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I think he wants to have hope they can get back together. At this point nothing personally is holding them back, besides work. While it happens in the workplace, it would be terrible if it were them two getting hooked up.. again.

Me personally, I don't want them to. I think that's predictable and not what I want from this show.

BTW, I laughed so loud when my boy Jack McCoy finished arguing with Sloan and ended it with the "Sandra Bernhard is a... I don't know what the hell"

Great Sorkin monologue..

'I am more than one thing! How dare you reduce me to the color of my skin or my sexual orientation? (...) How dare you presume to decide what I should think is important?(...) I am not defined by my blackness, I am not defined by my gayness and if that doesn't fit your narrow minded expectation of who I'm supposed to be I don't give a damn because I am not defined by you either. So get this through your head! I don't need your help!'
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    My girl is begging them not to ruin the season by creating a predictable ? ! Lol I personally don't see it as a distraction. The show is dealing with do much real. Its easy to be climactic with them being together being just a peak.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Excellent Sorkin dialogue. Munn's is impressing me in this show. I am tired of her sarcasm though. She used the same, "wait, what" line in the same show. (When she was told she was replacing the anchor and when dude asked about Maggie and jim)
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Munn's going to get the Dickens from Damon! Lol...she wanted to feel his chest. Lol at "if you're a half back he would never touch you' dig. Good ? . The countdown for waterston's entry wad hilarious and great!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    this was probly my favorite episode of the season so far. i like how they're starting to use the news as a backdrop to their personal lives now. i wondered if i would ever get tired of will doing his rants on the show, but now that they're tying it in with some character development, it'll keep my interest.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Food balance between the characters. I like that he is attracted to passion and courage. If you love something and don't back down, will's your friend. Watterson, Mack and Maggie all have the same personality.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like how the shrink got will too talk; ? up he made the black dude cry..thought don was going to try to smash sloan
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was such a great Episode... cosign just about everything said above!!!
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Possibly the best episode of the season
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Wait? Did I read we're going to talk about Same getting clapped this week? Best news this week. @s.Jr. nice drop. I missed your post as I replied to your other posts.

Crazy that they're are only four episodes remaining. Best shoe currently airing.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best episode of the season....by a LONG shot. Munn really impressed...lets hope it continues. The Psychiatrist was a great plot device, he has used it before in the West Wing in a very very similar manner. The guy who played the shrink was amazing as well. Really well done episode.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Can we get a stick and a merge with the other thread buddy started
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @sion my bad! Good look g! Preciate it!