THE OFFICIAL 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD

Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Competition is good and I like the idea that there's more hype going into the 100m and 200m. ? even the relays are gonna be noteworthy with the name recognition.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Posted the link for the schedule on the OP.

http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

Track is listed under Athletics..
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    YESSIR it's a few weeks away, one of my favorite sports event is coming up. In my household growing up in the summer time it was like a family event watching the games.

The past few weeks the Olympic trails have been showing on the Cable NBC channels and i have been watching closely and still have some events recorded that i haven't got to yet. But the Man's sprint track team looks real strong this year and the womens...Tyson ? coming back from the hip surgey and still running at top speed, the decathlon team looks strong with Galen Rupp and Aston Eaton, they will get the gold.

The Male Swim team is a monster, the womens team got some young up and comers that might surprise.

The gymnastics team of the womens and men's need to be on point, this is not the strongest group they will send to london.

I am looking forward to watch Judo, Greco-roman and freestyle wrestling, Boxing, track n field, basketball the swim and gymnastic teams and the Williams Sisters competing and the Lifting events

What country yall think will win the medal count and what sporting events and athlete's yall look forward to watch
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sticky please.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No run off tonight...

Jeneba Tarmoh backs out of Olympic runoff against Allyson Felix
    Originally published: July 2, 2012 1:17 PM
    Updated: July 2, 2012 1:29 PM
    By The Associated Press

image.JPG

EUGENE, Ore. -- The runoff to settle a third-place tie in the women's 100 meters at the U.S. track trials is off -- for now.
    Sprinter Jeneba Tarmoh will not compete Monday against training partner Allyson Felix, Tarmoh's agent, Kimberly Holland, said in a text to The Associated Press. There's still the possibility the race will be held at a later date.
    The runoff was scheduled to be held Monday night at Hayward Field. The last spot in the event for the London Games is on the line.
    USATF spokeswoman Jill Geer said Monday morning that Tarmoh had not officially informed the organization of a withdrawal. The tiebreak procedures USATF spelled out in the aftermath of the deadlock don't exactly address this situation: an athlete commits to racing and then decides not to compete.
    It's another loophole in a process the USATF was attempting to shore up.
    Felix already has qualified in the 200 after winning that race Saturday. Tarmoh is eligible to run in the Olympic 400 relay.
    Tarmoh reluctantly agreed to the runoff in the first place. She felt she won fair and square on the track nine days ago.
    "In my heart of hearts, I just feel like I earned the third spot," she said Sunday. "I almost feel like I was kind of robbed." Tarmoh leaned across the finish line and looked up to see her name on the scoreboard in the third spot behind winner Carmelita Jeter and runner-up Tianna Madison. The 22-year-old Tarmoh even took a celebratory lap around the track, waving an American flag. She received a medal and conducted a news conference.
    Then, she found out about the dead heat. From reporters, no less.
    The situation has been a debacle since Felix and Tarmoh crossed the line in an identical time of 11.068 seconds. USATF had no protocol in place to resolve such a deadlock and quickly scrambled to adopt a tiebreaking procedure.
    The options were a runoff, coin flip or one athlete conceding the spot to the other.
    The athletes and their agents met with USATF representatives at a hotel Sunday to work out a deal, and Felix and Tarmoh chose to settle matters on the track.
    Tarmoh, however, was clearly unhappy with the choice.
    "This decision was really hard for me to make," said Tarmoh, who didn't qualify in her other individual event, the 200. "I was pushed into a corner. They said if you don't make a decision, you give your spot up. I work too hard to just give my spot up. I had to say it was a runoff." USATF has drawn criticism for not having policies in place long before the trials. Most other sports have a plan. In swimming, for instance, there are swim-offs to break ties.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/olympics/jeneba-tarmoh-backs-out-of-olympic-runoff-against-allyson-felix-1.3818132
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my dawg's brother is in that ? .....i think they leavin in a few weeks

images.jpg

he did his thang in Beijing too....

image.jpg
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What. Africans run long dist
    mr.jamrock wrote: »
    smh Blake goes to the same camp Usain trains at. Bolt aint running hard smh so he can pull something in the qualification rounds? you must want Puma to cancel this ? sponsorship. the 100 will be 1.Bolt 2.Blake 3. asafa or ? depending on who is on their a game that day. and eff Sanya she a born Jamaican and runs for usa? funny how her parents still wear our colors.

cosign all this, ? out here stupid falling for the hype. Bolt ain't even going all out, dude don't want to tweak aything before the Olympics. Sanya Richards ain't ? ? , her sell out ass don't get no type of love in Jamaica either. I could see if this ? came to this country when she was 3-4, this ? came here in high school and got all Americanized real quick.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    smh Blake goes to the same camp Usain trains at. Bolt aint running hard smh so he can pull something in the qualification rounds? you must want Puma to cancel this ? sponsorship. the 100 will be 1.Bolt 2.Blake 3. asafa or ? depending on who is on their a game that day. and eff Sanya she a born Jamaican and runs for usa? funny how her parents still wear our colors.

cosign all this, ? out here stupid falling for the hype. Bolt ain't even going all out, dude don't want to tweak aything before the Olympics. Sanya Richards ain't ? ? , her sell out ass don't get no type of love in Jamaica either. I could see if this ? came to this country when she was 3-4, this ? came here in high school and got all Americanized real quick.

merlin ottey,donavan bailey,Linford Christie ,Ben Johnson is sell out to then. all dem run for other countries.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »

merlin ottey,donavan bailey,Linford Christie ,Ben Johnson is sell out to then. all dem run for other countries.

Merlin got plenty of backlash in Jamaica and them other ? ran for England our colonial country.
  • Figo
    Options

Merlin got plenty of backlash in Jamaica and them other ? ran for England our colonial country.

yeah i remember that. she was real liked in home in Trinidad, even after running for Slovenian. She worked hard her entire track and field career. slovenia swing the right kinda money.
  • Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • Topps
    edited July 2012
    Options

What about Patrick Ewing?

4977_1339602107.jpg
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was kinda looking forward to that runoff but after seeing Alyson go ham in the 200 on Sunday, ol'girl wanted no part of her
  • waterproof
    Options
    I was kinda looking forward to that runoff but after seeing Alyson go ham in the 200 on Sunday, ol'girl wanted no part of her

damn i wanted to see that race, i was hoping to see the hometown girl from San Jose go head to head with Alyson fine ass but hopefully she get's put on the 400 meter team

• waterproof
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »

images.jpg

image.jpg

@hafbayked what's his name so i can follow the brother
  • waterproof
    Options
    Sporting Events in the olympics that im going to DVR and follow.

Male & Women track and field teams, Man and Women Swim team, the decathlon Galen Rupp and Aston Eaton are no Joke, Boxing, Power Lifting, Judo, Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling, Basketball and the Williams sisters in tennis and also the gymnastic teams
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    patrick ewing? Jamaicans dont even recognize that box head choke artist. After Merlin didn't run for Jamaica i remember her not being able to even come back to Jamaica without it being under wraps, if you are not running for us than your running for England. Anywhere else would be a disgrace.
  • Figo
    Options
    patrick ewing? Jamaicans dont even recognize that box head choke artist. After Merlin didn't run for Jamaica i remember her not being able to even come back to Jamaica without it being under wraps, if you are not running for us than your running for England. Anywhere else would be a disgrace.

The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association didn't use to pay there superstar track athlete the kinda money they deserve. And jamaica is not one of the richest caribbean island. maybe that's changing now since yall pussyhole run this track ? .
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association didn't use to pay there superstar track athlete the kinda money they deserve. And jamaica is not one of the richest caribbean island. maybe that's changing now since yall pussyhole run this track ? .

LMAO.........? i will slap the ? out of u.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im so excited for the Olympics.
  • Topps
    edited July 2012
    Options

Why? He is a top 3 athlete out of Jamaica. Damn NO LOVE FOR PATRICK EWING? The Jamaicans in New York loved Patrick Ewing.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Topps wrote: »

Why? He is a top 3 athlete out of Jamaica. Damn NO LOVE FOR PATRICK EWING? The Jamaicans in New York loved Patrick Ewing.

I worked with Jamaicans for years they loved that dude and gave him props for being Jamaican..talking bout they rocked his ugly ass purple sneakers back in the island.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »

images.jpg

image.jpg

@hafbayked what's his name so i can follow the brother

kendrick farris

• mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Patrick get's love when people name famous Jamaicans.