Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    BoldChild wrote: »
    sticky please.

Aye fam I just merged the two threads (waterproof's other thread with this one), before I sticky the thread tho I just wanted to ask you if it'd be cool with you guys if I change the name of the thread to "THE OFFICIAL 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD" . I know it's a little thing but in the past I've had people freak out over it *shrugs*. Just let me know if you'd be cool with me changing your thread title up fam.

I guess since I started the thread go ahead and re-title/sticky it.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know old school yardies who still ewings jersey
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm watching everything. Love the Olympic atmosphere...rooting for Ghana and the U.S

This site has the schedule for all the events. Dates, times etc.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/schedule/_/date/20120727

Edit: Saw someone already posted a sched..? it, the more the merrier.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    BoldChild wrote: »
    sticky please.

Aye fam I just merged the two threads (waterproof's other thread with this one), before I sticky the thread tho I just wanted to ask you if it'd be cool with you guys if I change the name of the thread to "THE OFFICIAL 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD" . I know it's a little thing but in the past I've had people freak out over it *shrugs*. Just let me know if you'd be cool with me changing your thread title up fam.

I guess since I started the thread go ahead and re-title/sticky it.

It's been done fam, if you need anything just send me a PM.

Faaaa sho!
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall think bolt got complacent with his speed? he shouldn't be slowing down at 25
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    yall think bolt got complacent with his speed? he shouldn't be slowing down at 25

I think he possibly may have been slacking or taking it easy with his training.

Anyway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/usain-bolt-injured-monaco-olympics-jamaican-trials_n_1651068.html
    Usain Bolt Injury: Olympic Track Favorite Withdraws From Monaco

LONDON — Usain Bolt has more than Yohan Blake to worry about ahead of the London Olympics. Now he's got an injury to contend with and likely won't run again until the games.

Exactly one month before the 100-meter final at the Olympics, Bolt pulled out of the July 20 Monaco Diamond League meet Thursday with a "a slight problem" that occurred during the recent Jamaican Olympic trials, his coach Glen Mills said.

The withdrawal followed the double blow of losing in the 100 and 200 to training partner Blake at the trials, a reality check before the Olympics.

Bolt was scheduled to run the 200 in Monaco in his final tuneup before the games, but will now come to the Olympics following two losses.

Despite the withdrawal, the 25-year-old Bolt insisted he'll be at the games to retain the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay titles he won in Beijing four years ago in world-record times.

"I am happy to have earned my spot on the Jamaican Olympic team despite the challenge," Bolt said in a statement. "I will be in London to defend my titles."

After congratulating Blake with a big hug after the 200 in Kingston on Sunday, Bolt lay flat on his back and had his right hamstring stretched out by a trainer. His loss two days earlier in the 100 came after a poor start.

"After careful assessment I have had to withdraw him from the Samsung Diamond League Meeting in Monaco on July 20 to give him sufficient time for treatment and time to train and prepare for the Olympic Games in London," Mills said.

Mills said the injury was from "Usain's participation at the National Trials in Kingston this past weekend where he had a slight problem."

He didn't elaborate on the nature of the injury.

The first-round heats in the 100 at the Olympics are Aug. 4, with the semifinals and final the next day.

Having built a reputation for being unbeatable in the 100 and 200 over the past four years and powering to Olympic and back-to-back world titles in the sprint events, Bolt lost twice in three days to Blake in Kingston.

Sunday's loss in the 200, where Bolt grimaced as he crossed the line behind Blake, was the ultimate wake-up call – even if he shrugged it off.

"I can never be discouraged," Bolt insisted after that race. "I'm never worried until my coach gets worried, and my coach isn't worried, so I'm OK."

Despite Bolt's setbacks, current and former athletes believe he will be back at his best for the games.

"I found Usain to be a bit labored (at the trials)," American challenger and former 100 world champion Tyson ? said ahead. "He gave the impression that he was forcing it, which is unlike him. However, these two races don't change things as regards to the London Games.

"Yohan may give the impression today that he's a bit of a cut above the rest ... Usain still has a month to get back into shape. He's a major championships man."

While recognizing the threat posed by Blake, former 200 and 400 Olympic champion Michael Johnson said Bolt was still his pick for gold. The American said Bolt was capable of lowering his 100 world record of 9.58 seconds to 9.4.

""I think Usain can do whatever he wants to do," Johnson said on the website of the Laureus sports academy. "He's got that type of talent and he wants to win three gold medals again.

"If he gets to the starting line healthy, at his best, everyone else at their best, he wins every time. I mean he's just that good."
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    see these injuries are either legit and is quite probably a direct result of improper training.

it also could be a convenient way out of an event and a built in excuse.

either way, if he's not just trolling us, he's not gonna smoke the competition like he did 4 years ago
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? still believing Bolts ? , that ? is trolling yall. He is creating hype for the Olympics.
  • Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Yall ? still believing Bolts ? , that ? is trolling yall. He is creating hype for the Olympics.

Naw, we know he's going to be juiced up as usual.

• usmarin3
    Options
    Lol at juiced, typical american mentality. When we cant keep up, juice up.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Dude gets tested before he runs and always follow standards but he juicing? Cmon son..
  • Topps
    Options
    Dude gets tested before he runs and always follow standards but he juicing? Cmon son..

Marion Jones never tested positive before or after she ran too.

• glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think Bolt is juicing, but there are ways around that.

When Marion Jones was juicing she only used it during off season training. So she still benefited from the juice, but wouldn't test positive during season.

• glowy
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • glowy
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

His injury is legit, word is his going to see a certain doctor in Germany, they saying it's something wrong with his back.

• usmarin3
    Options
    Aint nothing wrong with Bolt, the ? jogged a 9.78 4 weeks ago in Jamaica.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    It saddens me that Shawn Johnson, Nastia Luken, and Alicia Sacramone wont be making it back to the Olympics for gymnastics. Those ? would get EBRC
  • bham100
    bham100 Members Posts: 316
    Options
    Bolt just be chilling at this time. He'll be ready when the olympics come around, don't worry about that
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    USA bball selection show on NBA TV 7pm est...30mins from now
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    watch out for that boy raushee warren in the boxing team, dude is gold medal favorite and will probably turn pro after the games.he worked with freddie roach before the olympics and hails from the same gym as adrien broner, who he is supposedly more talented than...
    here's a vid of dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMrrd32dWA&feature=relmfu

i'm gonna get some tickets for the boxing events, cant wait for the olympics to start :)
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Olympic boxing is a big joke....and the judges are especially biased against Americans
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    de la hoya, roy jones jr, andre ward etc etc all participated in the olympics. but alright, lets be honest:
    of course olympic boxing aint anywere close to professional, neither are 90% of the other sports that have any popularity outside the olympics. people just watch it cause its part of the olympics, you dont expect it to be on the same level.

and the kid i posted is far from a joke...
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »
    Olympic boxing is a big joke....and the judges are especially biased against Americans
    word
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    Options
  • Topps
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »

Yep. Ask Roy Jones Jr and Floyd Mayweather Jr.