Is this the future of America? City of Scranton lowers wage for all city workers to minimum wage

Options

Comments

• Thinking
    Thinking Members Posts: 70
    Options
    heyslick, take your feelings and smear campaign elsewhere. Just sayin.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Thinking wrote: »

NOPE! just expressing my opinion, how come you don't like seeing the other side of any given issue?

• Thinking
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »

NOPE! just expressing my opinion, how come you don't like seeing the other side of any given issue?

I do like seeing the other side, it's just yours have become repetitive and tired. Next couple posts of yours will be the same just in different words. I get it you hate Obama, I get it ? seriously.
  • heyslick
    Options

I do like seeing the other side, it's just yours have become repetitive and tired. Next couple posts of yours will be the same just in different words. I get it you hate Obama, I get it ? seriously.

SEE! you don't get it - I don't HATE Mister Obama - I don't like his ideology or his agenda for America -- I like Integrity and that has nothing to do with ones ethnicity. Another issue that really irks me is when some can hide behind their skin color and call others racist just for not agreeing with them.

• heyslick
    Options
    Thinking - since you're a thinker type - ponder this.

There’s no race card to pull when a candidate is white, so it can only be about policies and political views. And what if a black person objects to the policies of President Obama? He’s sold out. He’s an Oreo — black on the outside but white on the inside — or an Uncle Tom. These types of turncoat blacks are only being used by the white establishment. Racism is the liberal narrative. They don’t have anything else to go on.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/5715/if-you-disagree-president-obama-you-must-racist/#ixzz245b0FOI6
  • heyslick
    Options
    YO! mister thinker - collective salvation is NOT good for America & it will destroy America (aka) Transform America.

Small, constitutionally sound government protects individual rights and provides the right amount of protection for all citizens. A small government respects private property which is an essential part of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Everything you do with your life, the wealth you gain, the achievements, etc, are all your property. You owe nothing to anyone, but generally your going to be a good citizen, because the others will be good citizens back. This idea that we owe the government is total nonsense. there would be no government without the citizens. There would be no society without individuals first.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yes! & NO - President Obama has this knack i.e.,the ability not 'to be' responsible for his actions in any certain terms. IMO there's absolutely NO humility about this pompous/arrogant individual.
    considering that what you're saying can be applied to any president, i am assuming you rate him as more pompous/arrogant than any other president because he's black
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, in my opinion minimum wage should be done away with completely.

Do you say that because many businesses would probably hire more people if the federal minimum wage was eliminated?

Yup, especially small businesses.

I hear you and I kind of agree, but my only worry is that many businesses would take advantage of an elimination of minimum wage and begin paying slave wages. Once a society has too many people being paid slave wages, than social chaos will become the order of the day. ESPECIALLY in a nation with a high cost of living like America. If America had a low cost of living such as most places in the Caribbean, this idea would better work.

Yeah but what's the alternative? Watch more jobs go overseas to countries with far less regulatory policies. Better people are making slave wages then not working at all. Rising inflation also makes "slave wages" somewhat of a subjective term anyway.

I get what you're saying, the alternative DOES suck. I don't want jobs going overseas but we have to protect a certain standard of living that exists here, you don't want that going away. Look at how weak unions are now, and look at how few benefits most companies offer now. All that is bad enough, do we really want to sink lower? If housing and rent was cheaper though, a lack of a minimum wage would work, like in many 3rd world nations around the globe. But eliminating the minimum wage would be disastrous for the already poor in this nation, since housing in this nation is pretty expensive for the avg person. Homeless shelters are full these days, and rent isn't getting any cheaper. I get what you're saying though, if housing had some kind of price controls, which I want, than I would support your idea full wholeheartedly.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    There's no such thing as a middle class family. We've been third world country since the 80's.

YEAH! & the commander in chief says only his collective salvation principles will save us.

How would you improve America's economy? You diss Obama non-stop, but you have no alternative ideas.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There's no such thing as a middle class family. We've been third world country since the 80's.

Can't prove you wrong here.....
  • heyslick
    Options

YEAH! & the commander in chief says only his collective salvation principles will save us.

How would you improve America's economy? You diss Obama non-stop, but you have no alternative ideas.

YEAH! I sure do! Leadership is lacking & this man is NO leader......it's ALL ABOUT HIM and what HE WANTS. Oh I forgot one important thing - he's so damn articulate he can't even say what he means & that inability is also rubbing off on his VP. - YELP! you gotta scare folks today & get them all riled up to get re-elected.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YEAH! I sure do! Leadership is lacking & this man is NO leader......it's ALL ABOUT HIM and what HE WANTS. Oh I forgot one important thing - he's so damn articulate he can't even say what he means & that inability is also rubbing off on his VP. - YELP! you gotta scare folks today & get them all riled up to get re-elected.

yeah because romney and ryan arent doing the same ? .
  • Thinking
    Options
    Heyslick is either a ? or a troll. Lots of straw man usage and just tap dancing around posts offering nothing of value. In the words of Heyslick, YEAH!
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2012
    Options

Stop talking like a ? ? !!!!! What are your ideas to improve the economy???!!!!! Put up or shut up!!!!! You hate Obama, OKAY COOL!!!! What the ? are your ideas??!!!! You're starting to ? me off now, seriously. If you don't have any new or different ideas to improve the economy, than you're just wasting hot air homeboy. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Heyslick is either a ? or a troll. Lots of straw man usage and just tap dancing around posts offering nothing of value. In the words of Heyslick, YEAH!

This is what I don't understand!!!! He ridicules Obama's ideas and my personal ideas but doesn't even have a ? plan of his own, what the ? ?????!!! It's almost as if he's talking for the sake of talking. He hates Obama's endless spending and has a good point, but he doesn't want to raise taxes on the rich to create new revenue. He doesn't have ANY ideas of his own lol so he basically is just as lost as any other politician right now SMH DAMN! I rarely lose my cool but he done did it
  • janklow
    Options
    I rarely lose my cool
    uhhh

• heyslick
    Options

This is what I don't understand!!!! He ridicules Obama's ideas and my personal ideas but doesn't even have a ? plan of his own, what the ? ?????!!! It's almost as if he's talking for the sake of talking. He hates Obama's endless spending and has a good point, but he doesn't want to raise taxes on the rich to create new revenue. He doesn't have ANY ideas of his own lol so he basically is just as lost as any other politician right now SMH DAMN! I rarely lose my cool but he done did it

Poor little fellas can't stand the truth - you insist on me laying out some kind of game plan - WTF? I've told you and others I work on a very simple principle....it doesn't take a lot of smarts to understand what incompetence means & some folks have a aura about themselves. -- IMO President Obama is an egotistical maniac --- hes obsessed with his own ideology and direction for America - HE'S GOT TO GO! --- I'll do what I said long ago if he wins? - I'll leave this site PERMANTELY!!! btw (THE BOLDED) I'VE NEVER said any such thing & you'll never be able to prove-it.

• heyslick
    Options

LMAO!

YO! kingblaze,calm down, maybe you should just go outside and burn one? Taxing the so-called super rich isn't gonna bring in additional revenues - just like that far fetched theory of legalizing marijuana will bring in so much additional monies as well --- NO it won't and the down side is the harm done to our youth - especially the black youth within America - you're such a idiot & you talk out of both sides of your mouth....from your mommies/daddies basement? & you boast about your job & then whine constantly about the system...YOU'RE A DAMN WHINING HYPOCRITE and so DAMN UNGRATEFUL - people like you disgust me.

• janklow
    Options
    YO! kingblaze,calm down, maybe you should just go outside and burn one?
    you're such a idiot & you talk out of both sides of your mouth....from your mommies/daddies basement? & you boast about your job & then whine constantly about the system...YOU'RE A DAMN WHINING HYPOCRITE and so DAMN UNGRATEFUL - people like you disgust me.
    contradiction detected
  • kingblaze84
    Options

LMAO!

YO! kingblaze,calm down, maybe you should just go outside and burn one? Taxing the so-called super rich isn't gonna bring in additional revenues - just like that far fetched theory of legalizing marijuana will bring in so much additional monies as well --- NO it won't and the down side is the harm done to our youth - especially the black youth within America - you're such a idiot & you talk out of both sides of your mouth....from your mommies/daddies basement? & you boast about your job & then whine constantly about the system...YOU'RE A DAMN WHINING HYPOCRITE and so DAMN UNGRATEFUL - people like you disgust me.

Since when do I boast about my job lol....and yeah I did lose my cool but damn you have no new ideas at all. Obama has been a disappointment and many out there agree, but you don't seem to have any ideas of your own.

Would you cut down on programs to save money? Okay what kinds?? Which ones?

Don't do a Rick Perry moment on me and name two programs, than forget to name the other one.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Poor little fellas can't stand the truth - you insist on me laying out some kind of game plan - WTF? I've told you and others I work on a very simple principle....it doesn't take a lot of smarts to understand what incompetence means & some folks have a aura about themselves. -- IMO President Obama is an egotistical maniac --- hes obsessed with his own ideology and direction for America - HE'S GOT TO GO! --- I'll do what I said long ago if he wins? - I'll leave this site PERMANTELY!!! btw (THE BOLDED) I'VE NEVER said any such thing & you'll never be able to prove-it.

Obama might have an obsession with his direction for America, but um, doesn't every President have that? I dislike many of Obama's policies but I at least I have ideas to fix the economy, you just keep repeating yourself over and over again. What would YOU do differently? You never say what LOL
  • Thinking
    Options
    This is gettin straight comical lmao.
  • heyslick
    Options

Obama might have an obsession with his direction for America, but um, doesn't every President have that? I dislike many of Obama's policies but I at least I have ideas to fix the economy, you just keep repeating yourself over and over again. What would YOU do differently? You never say what LOL

It's not up to me - I've expressed my opinions and disdain for this man and his radical ideology. If those who support Obama really believe this is the right direction for America?then Obama will win & the decline/transformation of America will begin all over again - this President WILL DESTROY AMERICA - & the fear of criticizing this man's policies will not longer exist - I still believe this election is rigged & Eric Holder is doing everything possible to make sure of that - dontcha just love HIS Department of injustice!! ?...LMAO!!

• heyslick
    Options
    this from the link above -

When Barack Obama told “Joe the Plumber” that he wanted to “spread the wealth around,” he wasn’t just using a figure of speech.

Since the 2008 campaign, Stanley Kurtz has established himself as one of Barack Obama’s most effective and well-informed critics. He was the first to expose the extent of Obama’s ties to radicals such as Bill Ayers and ACORN.

Now Kurtz reveals new evidence that the administration’s talk about helping the middle class is essentially a smoke screen. Behind the scenes, plans are under way for a serious push toward wealth redistribution, with the suburban middle class—not the so-called one percent—bearing the brunt of it.

Why haven’t we heard more about policies that will lead to redistribution? In part, of course, because controversies over Obamacare, unemployment, and the exploding budget deficit have taken the media spot­light. But the main reason, according to Kurtz, is that Obama doesn’t want to tip his hand about his second term. He knows that his plans will alienate the moderate swing voters who hold the key to his reelection.