Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not fan of Superman. Its just not an interesting character, they can reboot him 1000 times he's been surpassed by Batman in the hierarchy over there at DC, arguably surpassed by Marvel characters like Wolverine, and Spider Man, its just a waste to keep rebooting Superman to make mediocre movies.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    allied wrote: »
    Very good trailer IMO. It looks like Snyder is taking this iconic character seriously. And I love his suit. Looks alien-like and the ca,pe is just perfect.

Supes doesn't need an "alien looking," costume because he's Superman and the ? was made here on earth. And what's up with the ? floating in the water with a bread? This trailer tells me nothing about this movie.

Possibly the ship he was on exploded somehow hence why he was on fire later in the trailer

Yeah this. It is likely a shot of him in the aftermath of the oil rig incident.

Also the Man of Steel suit is Kryptonian in origin. Set photos show that not only is Russell Crowe wearing the same suit (with another suit over it; likely Kryptonian battle or ceremonial garb), Michael Shannon is also seen wearing a black version of the suit with a different Kryptonian symbol on it.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Very good trailer IMO. It looks like Snyder is taking this iconic character seriously. And I love his suit. Looks alien-like and the ca,pe is just perfect.

Supes doesn't need an "alien looking," costume because he's Superman and the ? was made here on earth. And what's up with the ? floating in the water with a bread? This trailer tells me nothing about this movie.

Possibly the ship he was on exploded somehow hence why he was on fire later in the trailer

Yeah this. It is likely a shot of him in the aftermath of the oil rig incident.

Also the Man of Steel suit is Kryptonian in origin. Set photos show that not only is Russell Crowe wearing the same suit (with another suit over it; likely Kryptonian battle or ceremonial garb), Michael Shannon is also seen wearing a black version of the suit with a different Kryptonian symbol on it.

Yup!

zodu.jpg

A photoshop, but y'all get the idea. I think it's thematically dope, it eliminates a lot of questions about his suit.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Very good trailer IMO. It looks like Snyder is taking this iconic character seriously. And I love his suit. Looks alien-like and the cape is just perfect.

His suit wasn't made on earth it's the clothes he was wrapped in when we was a baby. Have you watched Superman: The movie? And I reason the think this trailer is good because Snyder seems to be taking this seriously and ditching his fanboy traits. I thought he totally ? up Watchman, 300 wasn't great and Sucker Punch was just awful. It looks like this film will actually have some substance with is a step in the right direction for Snydes.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Yup!

zodu.jpg

A photoshop, but y'all get the idea. I think it's thematically dope, it eliminates a lot of questions about his suit.

All i see is van Alden in a bodysuit.

Boardwalk empire ? a ? up.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

still not impressed until i see some actual fight scenes i need to see more than just a bunch of explosions. i have a feeling its going to drag all the way up until the ending.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Options
  • Still Cool Beans
    Options
    Superman-Man-of-Steel-Empire-Cover-570x740.jpg

mosjorel.jpg

mos-zod.jpg

The Kryptonians
    tumblr_mhicw4cRsx1rs2uhvo1_500.jpg
  • Still Cool Beans
    Options
    Man-of-Steel-Superman-Statue-570x858.jpg

Man-of-Steel-Jor-El-Armor-570x858.jpg

Man-of-Steel-Zod-Statue-Armor-570x858.jpg

Man-of-Steel-Faora-Statue-Armor-570x858.jpg

Zod's crest
    Man-of-Steel-Zod-Crest-Emblem-570x320.jpg

Faora's crest (approximation)
    faoraglyph.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

still not impressed until i see some actual fight scenes i need to see more than just a bunch of explosions. i have a feeling its going to drag all the way up until the ending.

I get that feeling too
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited February 2013
    Options
    David S. Goyer:
    “We’re approaching ‘Superman’ as if it weren’t a comic book movie, as if it were real… I adore the Donner films. Absolutely adore them. It just struck me that there was an idealist quality to them that may or may not work with today’s audience. It just struck me that if Superman really existed in the world, first of all, this story would be a story about first contact.

“He’s an alien. You can easily imagine a scenario in which we’d be doing a film like ‘E.T.,’ as opposed to him running around in tights. If the world found out he existed, it would be the biggest thing that ever happened in human history… It falls into that idea of trying to humanise the inhuman. He’s made out of steel, he’s not made out of flesh, metaphorically speaking. We are portraying him as a man, yet he’s not a man.

It is obviously a much longer process with a character like Superman. It is much easier to do a realistic take on Batman. You know nothing can hurt Superman, presumably other than Kryptonite. The challenge was simply: Can we figure out a way to make those elements work, quote unquote, in the real world? It’s very much a story of a man with two fathers.”
    http://screenrant.com/superman-man-of-steel-not-comic-book-movie/

Russell Crowe:
    “It’s really complicated, it’s really complex. I don’t think anyone’s really tried to get into the psychology of what it must be like to be Superman. And [how] people would really respond in a modern society if someone like that popped up.

Zack Snyder, who directed ‘Watchmen,’ who directed ’300′ and a few other things, he was given a great deal of responsibility. Because when it comes to comic book heroes and superhero films, at the top of the food chain is Superman.

“It’s a massive undertaking, the type of sets we worked on in that film were incredible. It takes you to the ground on Krypton. It takes you to a planet where the sun is four times larger than ours. I think people are going to love it and if you’ve seen the trailer, you realize that this Superman is not just floating through the air, held up by a wire. This Superman is supersonic, when he decides to fly, he doesn’t muck around. I’m really looking forward to the way people respond to it.”
    http://screenrant.com/russell-crowe-superman-man-of-steel/

Henry Cavill:
    “It’s not a dark movie by any means. Past representations of the character have been quite light… This is a more realistic view of the character, while still maintaining the very unrealistic, or potentially unrealistic features of an alien with superpowers.

There is more action in Man of Steel than any of the Dark Knight Films."
    http://screenrant.com/superman-man-of-steel-dark-edgy-henry-cavill-discussion/

Amy Adams:
    “I grew up with Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, so I didn’t want to try and be that version. Zack (Snyder) said that he wanted to play for more realism. There’s definitely still banter (with Superman). She’s tough, modern, and more contemporary. There’s also a lot more action than I’ve seen in my career.”
    http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-movie-lois-lane-amy-adams-images/
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel is “The Best Movie of the Year” According to an Early Screening
    Has Warner Bros. nailed it with the Snyder/Nolan marriage?
    by Roth Cornet FEBRUARY 27, 2013

There are a lot of movies to look forward to this summer, but perhaps none more so than Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. Comic book movie fans are anxious for each new trailer, bit of footage or marketing release. We all want to know if the Zack Snyder directed, Christopher Nolan “grandfathered” and produced film will live up to our expectations for the match.

Though the response to the trailers has been primarily positive, some still feel some concern that the film will be too dark, lack action, fail to capture Supes’ charm or that Snyder will pull a Sucker Punch and disappoint us all. Well, a source over at JoBlo was able to see a very early screening of the film and they are saying that, not only is there nothing to worry about, but this is the “best movie of the year.”

The bullet points review is as follows:

Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.

It's the best movie of the year.

There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.

The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.

They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.

It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.

The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.

“Best movie of the year,” is pretty bold claim, but if this report doesn’t up the ante on the excitement for Man of Steel, I don’t know what will. We’ve all been wondering about the action and the tone of the film, and it seems as though we can (cautiously) put any fears we may have had to bed. It looks like a Syder/Nolan marriage may just be one made in heaven.

We should note however, this is just one person’s take on the film. So, again, cautiously, very optimistic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/zack-snyders-man-of-steel-is-the-best-movie-of-the-year-according-to-early-screenings
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well they did say one persons opinion so take it with a grain of salt but I do believe they left some stuff out I'm cool with that I do like that they are taking the character with a more mature tone not necessarily dark we don't need batman with superpowers well just have to wait and see plus there is definitely going to be at least one more trailer
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    HOLY ? THIS ? BETTER BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! THIS BETTER BE AT LEAST 2.5 HOURS LONG
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wanna get too excited....but this looks kinda dope
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES SIR!!!!....I will be seeing this in Theaters
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    New extended trailer showing a lot more action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

I just ? myself.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....Damn see how my man zod ate those missles just chilling looks like superman going to get his ass kicked and kick some ass let's goo
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope we don't have to go through a third or half of the movie of this ? being on some "soul searching being a fisherman," ? before he starts demonstrating that "he has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men."
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right if Metallo or Brainiac are not in the movie or some other super powered villain then this movie will be hot ass. I agree as someone else said about SM not being an interesting character, which is why this movie needs lots of action and not just special effects and character development.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh Zod is in it? About watch the trailer. That is a step in the right direction, but I will not get too excited.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Options
    Take all my ? money!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options