Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    adolescents love to hate on Superman but ? just sounds immature to me. Superman is for the kids and the adults that are over that dumb ? . Dads and their little kids appreciate Superman, not these rebellious youngins. I see it like this: hating on Superman = hating on comics. if you hate the character then don't even call yourself a fan of the genre yet because you lack the proper amount of respect. you'll get over that ? one day though and realize these purposefully edgy and contrived anti-hero characters like Wolverine was designed for the insecure teenagers.

Part of it is jealousy too though i'll give you that - we all know Superman would stomp the ? ? out of your favorites. and he'd do it with class - shaking his head like why it had to come to this Spiderman? grow the ? up and I won't have to stomp the ? out of you next time.

anyway, yea this movie is gonna be the ? ? .

This whole post is a whole lot of horseshit.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Superman without Lex Luthor = ?

Put lex luthor in it but don't make him a main villain cause dude is weak as ? and can be defeated. Put Lex Luthor in a Brainiac storyline by the second, third movie where the ? gets taken over by brainiac.

This ? is only a teaser and Lex Luthor is in it. Billy Zane is playing him, Michael Shannon is playing general zod so they're combining the first 2 movies into one. Iconic movie IMO.

#justsayin

and I hate superman but the movies gonna be dope.

Wrong....

#justsayin

Bruh, while the movie was in production they were rumoring billy zane as lex luthor, lawrence fishburne as perry white, amy adams as lois lane. Trust I know my ? but he probably won't have a significant role. Which is why he's not mentioned, dude might just be a cameo at the end.

I've been following this joint since the very beginning. I'm over on the SuperHeroHype boards everyday. There is absolutely nothing to corroborate this other than fanboy speculation about who should play Lex should he even show up in the film at all.

For those worried about either Supes being too invincible or not fighting anyone, a big rumor broke couple weeks ago that he gets the dogshit beat out of him, within an inch of his life by none other than Faora.
    "In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the ? hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, ? and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67208

There's multiple villains in this flick, possibly even an entire kryptonian militia. Another rumor also broke last week involving the Lego Man of Steel tie in set that may have spoiled a secret villain by the name of Black Zero.
    Screen Crush picked a few details out of a Brickset rundown of upcoming LEGO movie tie-in sets. Toy merchandise has been spoiling superhero movie secrets for a while now (see: the Amazing Spider-Man toy set), so this comes with little shock or awe; as often as toy sets reveal things that filmmakers and studios have yet to show onscreen, tie-in toy lines just as often diverge from their film inspirations, offering set pieces, characters, costumes, etc. that the film itself does not. Such is the case here, with this LEGO set description list below (via Brickset):

76000 Arctic Batman vs. Mr.Freeze – Aquaman on Ice
    76001 Batman vs. Bane – Chase with Tumbler
    76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown
    76003 Superman Battle of Smallville
    76004 Spider-Man – Hunting with Spider-Cycle
    76005 Spider-Man – Mission at Daily Bugle
    76006 Iron Man Extremis 76008 Iron Man vs Mandarin
    76009 Superman Black Zero Escape.

Before we get any further into it, let me just say up front: the rumored “secret villain” is not Lex Luthor. It’s not Darkseid. It’s not Doomsday, Metallo, Parasite, Lobo, Mongul, Bizzaro or any one of the dozen or Superman rogues you may initially imagine (or see pictured above). In fact, it’s doubtful that many outside the circle of ? comic book fans have even heard of him:

Does “Black Zero” ring a bell?

The name refers to series of characters and/or organizations that have appeared in Superman comics, including:

•A space saboteur responsible for the destruction of Krypton.
    •A terrorist organization that fought in the millennium-long “War of Clone Rights” on Krypton.
    •A Kryptonian military force commanded by Ursa (a.k.a. Faora, who will in fact appear in MoS).
    •An intelligent computer virus hiding in Superman’s Fortress of Solitude technology.
    •A version of Superboy from an alternate timeline where Superman never returned from the dead after his battle with Doomsday.
    Internet logic dictates that the LEGO line would never utilize such an obscure character/organization unless it was directly tied to the film. While we certainly agree with that logic, we can’t really support the claim being made on other sites that Man of Steel will feature the villain version of Black Zero.

Sure, we know Man of Steel will delve into the backstory of Krypton; the events that led to its destruction,and sent young Kal-El and Krypton military commander General Zod on their destined courses for collision on Earth. While it’s possible that Black Zero (the character) could be remolded into some kind Krypton saboteur (sans the “? -molecule” superpowers), it really isn’t the more likely scenario.

The more likely scenario is that Black Zero will be the Kryptonian military unit run by General Zod and his lieutenant (lover?) Faora, the latter of which will be played by actress Antje Traue (Pandorum). This seems all the more likely considering that modern comic book iterations of Zod - including those written by DC Entertainment executive Geoff Johns, whose work is being mined for this film - have presented the character as a fascist military commander who tangled with Superman’s dad, Jor-El (Russell Crowe, who will be given ample screen time in the movie). Finally, Man of Steel set photos have hinted at Shannon sporting a black uniform as a Zod costume, and while that’s a flimsy hinge to hang speculation on, if it quacks like a duck…

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-superman-man-steel-spoilers-rumors/

I ain't reading all that ? bruh but once again, I know my ? .

I can't wait til this trailer comes out. I'm ? hyped and I hate superman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiaf_ahBLM

The audience was hyped up as ? .

I'm salty cause I shoulda been in that audience smh.

You might just know yo ? , but unless you have some insider info the rest of us fanboys don't, that Billy Zane ? was nothing but speculation and conjecture by other fanboys before any plot details were known. All of that I posted before was just the source info for the rumors I was speakin on in case anybody was interested in where it came from. In short, Faora beats the brakes off Supes and there are multiple villains, possibly even a surprise more obscure villain with kryptonian ties by the name of Black Zero. Here's a fan remastered version of the Comic Con footage. Great quality.

Can't wait for that Hobbit to drop cause that's likely when we'll get the first full trailer.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate that ? music during the trailer ? makes it seem like a sad ass film
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hans is the GOAT. The score's on point and pays homage to the Richard Donner films.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad, that ? was just a rumor.

I was reading earlier where they had originally cast him in the movie as lex luthor but I guess not and honestly I can't see noone playing that role better than him.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont like genral zod as a villain either leave his ass in the 80's and in comics. Try something news studios got damn.....Dark Seid, Bizzaro, Braniac, He has a big rouge gallery so use it
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    i dont like genral zod as a villain either leave his ass in the 80's and in comics. Try something news studios got damn.....Dark Seid, Bizzaro, Braniac, He has a big rouge gallery so use it

They might be saving Brainiac for a JL movie, if not him they for sure should leave DarkSeid for the JL movie. Zod could work depending on how fresh the take is on him. I trust Nolan and Snyder to give him an edge.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    466242.1010.A.jpg

GRADE - A (CLASSIC) So I watched the special edition director's cut of this the other day. Wow, movie is a Classic. Sure the effects are dated but Christopher Reeves IS Superman. He played the duel characters better than any Superhero actor after him. The movie actually came out 2 years before I was born in 78 but I watched this movie on VHS as a kid for many years. It's just a great movie and easily the best ORIGIN Superhero movie ever. It goes From Superman as a baby to young boy as a teen then to adult. It goes the span of his whole life. The music score is Timeless. John Williams themes in the movie bring to the exact scene. There's a reason every Superman since hasn't really lived up to this one. It changed the game for Superhero films. It's the Godfather. Timeless Classic.

Just watched the original again. Classic. Big Shoes to fill for "Man of Steel".
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? Looks Like James Franco
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ^^^Interesting. Wasn't expecting that for a poster. And already Superman's suit over Nolan's Batman. That \S/ looks trill as ? .
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I made this thread, I had no idea it would keep getting hit up for months
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the superman suit they took out the corny underwear and put the big S on his chest.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    adolescents love to hate on Superman but ? just sounds immature to me. Superman is for the kids and the adults that are over that dumb ? . Dads and their little kids appreciate Superman, not these rebellious youngins. I see it like this: hating on Superman = hating on comics. if you hate the character then don't even call yourself a fan of the genre yet because you lack the proper amount of respect. you'll get over that ? one day though and realize these purposefully edgy and contrived anti-hero characters like Wolverine was designed for the insecure teenagers.

Part of it is jealousy too though i'll give you that - we all know Superman would stomp the ? ? out of your favorites. and he'd do it with class - shaking his head like why it had to come to this Spiderman? grow the ? up and I won't have to stomp the ? out of you next time.

anyway, yea this movie is gonna be the ? ? .

That is so true. Superman is a figure that I appreciate when I got older cause despite how much ? Like Powers he has, he still has humility to put himself on the line for any living thing. Teenagers hate him cause he is "boring" and rather go to anti-heroes outside of DC with no sense of accomplishment or long term goals.

If this movie is indeed the ? , Superman is going to have a massive revival in the media.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah That ? Suit Looks Like Its Made Outta Colored Rhinestones
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Very good trailer IMO. It looks like Snyder is taking this iconic character seriously. And I love his suit. Looks alien-like and the cape is just perfect. My only criticism is the movie looks WAY too dark for a Superman movie. And Michael Shannon will ? it as General Zod.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I got chills ....
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    New trailer already better than the entire Superman returns Movie
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Very good trailer IMO. It looks like Snyder is taking this iconic character seriously. And I love his suit. Looks alien-like and the cape is just perfect. My only criticism is the movie looks WAY too dark for a Superman movie. And Michael Shannon will ? it as General Zod.

For some reason i like Comicbook related movies like that , gives it a more serious feel to it.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • requiem v2.0
    requiem v2.0 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised they didn't have a Zod voice over telling Superman how he was going to crush his adopted planet. Way too dark and sullen for a Superman movie. Hopefully the actual movie lightens up. Even the filter choice on his seems bleek.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Yall ? already and the movie aint even out , lawd have mercy
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chills...straight ? chills man.