Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    hopefully this ? is a success so they can get down to a superman vs doomsday showdown!

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It likely wouldn't have fit. Different movies, different interpretations.

Nah boss, Superman theme is too damn iconic. The Bond comparison is right. You're talking about a Top 5 John Williams joint, b.

And Hans Zimmer did add a shoutout to Elfman's theme during Dark Knight's Hong Kong scene.......
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well if he's fighting General Zod I might actually go see this. I know if I have to see him fighting Lex Luthor one more damn time I was gonna go ? crazy. Seriously though man I have really low expectations for this. Superman as a character has always been ? corny and lame to me, and the movies really never impressed me either. Seriously my favorite Superman Comic is the Death of Superman, pretty much the only one that I like honestly.
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing that's not really taken into account when it comes to the disguise is we assume that everyone suspects Superman has a secret identity to begin with and that he's hiding amongst us. As far as they know Superman is Superman all the time. He doesn't wear a mask because seemingly he has nothing to hide, not even a secret identity. When you think about in that context it is more believable that one would not suspect a mild mannered Clark Kent to be a virtual ? .

Lol I can't remember what movie i saw this in... but this dude went on a narrative explaining why superman was his favorite superhero... He went on to say that every superhero had their secret identity their regular goverment identity and their alias which was when they put on their costume; but because superman is an alien trying to fit in his "mask" was really his clark kent alias and that his real identity was superman

You're thinking bout Bill near the end of ? Bill Vol. 2. That was a GOAT monologue btw. One of my favorite scenes in either volume.

Damn i can't believe i actually forgot that was bill... nice looking out homie lol
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have faith in snyder imo dawn of the dead, 300 and watchmen are all classics to me
    sucker punch was weird as fucc tho well see
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dawn of the dead a classic? how? when?
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    superman is just corny point blank. hopefully this will be dope but it's just hard to watch a dude with all these powers being so lame. He was lame in them old ? with Christoper Reeves. Then those reboots were ? awful. I got faith in Nolan though.

I disagree with you on the first two Reeve films, they were great for their time. In terms of Superman as a character, there are plenty of dope Supes stories to draw from and put on film. From the looks of it, MOS seems to be drawing from All-Star Superman, Birthright and Superman for All Seasons amongst others for inspiration. All dope ass story arcs.

I meant just the character of superman was that of a lame. Not really that the overall movies were lame. I hope they put some dope stories in this movie.

I see what you saying. Given the time in which they were released, that interpretation of the character worked and fit the era in which it was made. We need a post-Crisis Superman this time around though.

Swiffness! wrote: »
    It likely wouldn't have fit. Different movies, different interpretations.

Nah boss, Superman theme is too damn iconic. The Bond comparison is right. You're talking about a Top 5 John Williams joint, b.

And Hans Zimmer did add a shoutout to Elfman's theme during Dark Knight's Hong Kong scene.......

That's your opinion. I'm of the mind, and apparently so is Snyder and company, that regardless of how iconic using a theme that is forever attached to an interpretation of the character that is outdated could be counterproductive when you're trying to distance yourself from it. Like I said, STAS had no issues whatsoever without Williams' score and coming up with something just as fitting and memorable. And who knows, maybe Zimmer will throw a shoutout to Williams at some point during MOS. From what I gather from his thoughts on the matter, it won't be much if he does.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dawn of the dead and zombieland are the only good zombie movies mayne
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trailer was meh...at best
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    LOL @ people talking about "It needs to be Dark". GTFOH, not every comic book hero is depressed, gloomy and dark like Batman. "The Avengers" showed that a True Comic Book movie can be done. Superman isn't Dark like Batman and that doesn't need to be changed. The problem with "Returns" was nobody wanted to see Superman's Baby Momma Drama. That was dumb. Have Superman fighting Villians like the originals and please leave out Lex Luther, he's a legend but we've seen him enough. I'm glad General Zod will be featured.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ people talking about "It needs to be Dark". GTFOH, not every comic book hero is depressed, gloomy and dark like Batman. "The Avengers" showed that a True Comic Book movie can be done. Superman isn't Dark like Batman and that doesn't need to be changed. The problem with "Returns" was nobody wanted to see Superman's Baby Momma Drama. That was dumb. Have Superman fighting Villians like the originals and please leave out Lex Luther, he's a legend but we've seen him enough. I'm glad General Zod will be featured.

Right. Supes is not a dark character nor does he need to or should be. I think cats is misinterpreting the tone of the teaser and CC footage. Goyer, Nolan and Snyder are simply taking the source material more serious is all, just as Goyer and Nolan did with Bats. That doesn't equate to dark it just means it will be more grounded in reality and won't be campy. And you hit the nail on the head with SR. Nobody wanted to see no baby mama drama and a mopey ass Superman. Superman should enjoy being Superman. Lex should be in the shadows. He's an intricate part of Supes' universe so his presence should always be felt. Simple mentions of him, Lexcorp and such is enough in MOS. Maybe a secondary villian role in a sequel(s).
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman>>>>>>>>> all other comic book characters
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think superman as a character needs a redesign..the suit still doesn't sit well in 2011, tights and underwear on the outside.

like I always said the new Superman always will be failed. They tried to hard to do reboot because of The Dark Knight so now they wanna try do a little bit dark and ? wouldn't work for Superman or Spiderman.

Christopher Reeve was the best Superman, he's a SUPERMAN.

Honestly, I don't give a ? about Superman cause he's very corny to me than any superheros in comic-book. Superman is very boring character to me.

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    I think superman as a character needs a redesign..the suit still doesn't sit well in 2011, tights and underwear on the outside.

My ? you mad late.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    Night of The Living Dead,Diary of The dead,Shaun of The Dead,the Crazies,28 days later,28 months later

• hood president
    hood president Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    Options
    Glad they're using General Zod and not ? Luther in this movie. Can we see Bizzaro, Doom, dark Seid, Atomic Skull...anyone besides Lex Luther.
  • daone
    daone Members Posts: 9
    Options

You've got a good point but if you think about it the perspective in which they are trying to make this movie darker is not far fetched. The idea behind the darkness in this movie is to capture something that an ordinary person can relate to. And that's Clark Kent struggeling to find his place in a world where there is no one like him and not knowing if he will be accepted or not.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? don't like Superman coz he's near-invincible and has no real issues...Ight cool his planet was destroyed but he happens to live on a planet with an identical lookin' race with whom he can procreate AND the planet's sun gives him ? -like powers...Add that he was just a baby when his planet was detroyed and that he can't remember a thing about it, I'd say everyone here would trade their lives for his...? has everything you could ask for...Premium job...and look at his ? ...That Lois Lane is a Hollywood ? '

For this ? to work, they need to include a villain who can match Superman physically...Maybe Metallo...Who wants another hour and a half of Superman liftin' heavy ? ?

Nolan bein' involved probably means a darker Superman...But there's only so dark he can get...

All in all...I'm not too fussed about it

DKR >>> Man of Steel (most likely)
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? don't like Superman coz he's near-invincible and has no real issues...Ight cool his planet was destroyed but he happens to live on a planet with an identical lookin' race with whom he can procreate AND the planet's sun gives him ? -like powers...Add that he was just a baby when his planet was detroyed and that he can't remember a thing about it, I'd say everyone here would trade their lives for his...? has everything you could ask for...Premium job...and look at his ? ...That Lois Lane is a Hollywood ? '

For this ? to work, they need to include a villain who can match Superman physically...Maybe Metallo...Who wants another hour and a half of Superman liftin' heavy ? ?

Nolan bein' involved probably means a darker Superman...But there's only so dark he can get...

The villain in this one is General Zod...so ? will get live.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    rage wrote: »

The villain in this one is General Zod...so ? will get live.

Dru-Zod yeah?...? ' sweet
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman without Lex Luthor = ?

Put lex luthor in it but don't make him a main villain cause dude is weak as ? and can be defeated. Put Lex Luthor in a Brainiac storyline by the second, third movie where the ? gets taken over by brainiac.

This ? is only a teaser and Lex Luthor is in it. Billy Zane is playing him, Michael Shannon is playing general zod so they're combining the first 2 movies into one. Iconic movie IMO.

#justsayin

and I hate superman but the movies gonna be dope.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its a classic to me....my favorite horror movie
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Night of The Living Dead,Diary of The dead,Shaun of The Dead,the Crazies,28 days later,28 months later

Take that out of the equation and replace it with La Horde...Not trying to derail thread but wasnt feeling zombieland all that much either not enough action. For a world filled with zombies it came across as a ghost town for the most part. No way you shooting rifles for target practice in the air and that mansion is not surrounded with zombies.

As far as man of steel I wanna see a bruce wayne cameo or at least some refrence to batman. I wanted to see the boy in blue in dkr come through for the clutch towards thee end knock banes over confident ass out.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

C/s
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    Superman without Lex Luthor = ?

Put lex luthor in it but don't make him a main villain cause dude is weak as ? and can be defeated. Put Lex Luthor in a Brainiac storyline by the second, third movie where the ? gets taken over by brainiac.

This ? is only a teaser and Lex Luthor is in it. Billy Zane is playing him, Michael Shannon is playing general zod so they're combining the first 2 movies into one. Iconic movie IMO.

#justsayin

and I hate superman but the movies gonna be dope.

Wrong....

#justsayin