...Why Are Black Girls So Damn Difficult?

Options

Comments

• ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as black women are producing and taking part in ? like Basketball Wives and Tyler Perry's stereotypical ? , I refuse to give a ? about how they are portrayed. You can't have it both ways. You can't represent yourself a certain way in every avenue available to you and then complain when people actually believe you are that way.

And blaming the media is ? because there are more than enough black women reinforcing those stereotypes in every day life.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all girls are difficult...don't be racist
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    Black females arent difficult, ? just ? made

Caveman the hoe

Underrated posts^^^
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited October 2013
    Options
    As long as black women men are producing and taking part in ? like Basketball Wives and Tyler Perry's stereotypical ? rap & prison, I refuse to give a ? about how they are portrayed. You can't have it both ways. You can't represent yourself a certain way in every avenue available to you and then complain when people actually believe you are that way.

And blaming the media is ? because there are more than enough black women men reinforcing those stereotypes in every day life.

see how easy that can be flipped?

I don't recall ever saying that it wasn't true for men too. The difference is black men aren't out there protesting and throwing hissy fits at every commercial that portrays us in a stereotypical light for giggles. And comparing black men in prison to black women that choose to be in tv shows that negatively portray them is a bit of an odd thing for you to do.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    As long as black women men are producing and taking part in ? like Basketball Wives and Tyler Perry's stereotypical ? rap & prison, I refuse to give a ? about how they are portrayed. You can't have it both ways. You can't represent yourself a certain way in every avenue available to you and then complain when people actually believe you are that way.

And blaming the media is ? because there are more than enough black women men reinforcing those stereotypes in every day life.

I don't recall ever saying that it wasn't true for men too. The difference is black men aren't out there protesting and throwing hissy fits at every commercial that portrays us in a stereotypical light for giggles. And comparing black men in prison to black women that choose to be in tv shows that negatively portray them is a bit of an odd thing for you to do.

? DO choose to be in prison, they just dont choose to be caught.

i wasnt making a ? -for-tat comparison, btw.

black women arent exactly out there protesting and throwing hissy fits at every commercial that portrays them in a stereotypical light for giggles either.

That sounds like something a white person would say. People don't choose the environment they are born into, and statistically some environments, put you in a more likely position to wind up in jail. Everyone has choice to some degree, but let's not act like every choice is the same.

And yes, black women do frequently complain every time they are negatively portrayed in tv shows, commercials, etc... unless those things are created by black women (or Tyler Perry) and then somehow it's ok.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame all the skandalous black ? behind the scenes at these networks that book this trash to skew the view of the Black Queen.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

black women arent exactly out there protesting and throwing hissy fits at every commercial that portrays them in a stereotypical light for giggles either.

That sounds like something a white person would say. People don't choose the environment they are born into, and statistically some environments, put you in a more likely position to wind up in jail. Everyone has choice to some degree, but let's not act like every choice is the same.

And yes, black women do frequently complain every time they are negatively portrayed in tv shows, commercials, etc... unless those things are created by black women (or Tyler Perry) and then somehow it's ok.

? choose JAIL, sir.

i got homies right now who would love to do nothing better than to cop an ounce of powder and flip it.

not because their environments dictate it, but because they enjoy the thrill & perks that come with dealin.

? choose JAIL, sir.

i know homies right now who would love to do nothing better than come up offa a credit card scheme.

not because their environments dictate it, but because they enjoy the thrill & perks that come with FAST money.

? CHOOSE jail, sir.

maybe black women do complain about being unfairly represented but give them that. they have a VOICE. unfortunately its one of the least heard voices in america.

And your homies represent every black male out there? There are criminals of every age, race, and economic background. No one is arguing that. But you have a very limited understanding of what goes on in poor neighborhoods if you don't think there are a lot of young black males that do things like join gangs and sell drugs because they feel like those are the best, or in some cases, only options available to them.

I used to tutor kids from the projects, and most of them were ingrained with the idea that the only options they had in life were athletics, rap, or drugs. That's not a choice. That's indoctrination.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

? choose JAIL, sir.

i got homies right now who would love to do nothing better than to cop an ounce of powder and flip it.

not because their environments dictate it, but because they enjoy the thrill & perks that come with dealin.

? choose JAIL, sir.

i know homies right now who would love to do nothing better than come up offa a credit card scheme.

not because their environments dictate it, but because they enjoy the thrill & perks that come with FAST money.

? CHOOSE jail, sir.

maybe black women do complain about being unfairly represented but give them that. they have a VOICE. unfortunately its one of the least heard voices in america.

And your homies represent every black male out there? There are criminals of every age, race, and economic background. No one is arguing that. But you have a very limited understanding of what goes on in poor neighborhoods if you don't think there are a lot of young black males that do things like join gangs and sell drugs because they feel like those are the best, or in some cases, only options available to them.

I used to tutor kids from the projects, and most of them were ingrained with the idea that the only options they had in life were athletics, rap, or drugs. That's not a choice. That's indoctrination.

indoctrination from who/what?

lets get down to the nitty gritty.

and i do not have a limited understanding of what goes on in poor neighborhoods. i get it.

but just like in the Matrix, the CHOICE is there. there are options regardless of the circumstances.

They are indoctrinated by society and the people around them. If your family and the people you grow up believing know best are constantly telling you, you have no chance, then you're going to believe that. And that's what happens when you have people that have been impoverished for generations.

Your Matrix analogy proves my point. The only people in the Matrix that could make that choice were the ones who had their eyes opened to the truth. Everyone else went on thinking the Matrix was reality. It's the same thing in the hood. Most of those kids don't even believe some things are possible until someone comes along and shows them they are. I'm not trying to take personal responsibility away. You're right, at some point a choice is made, but there are reasons behind every choice and it's unfair for you to minimize everything that leads up to some of the bad choices these kids make.

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so not into all the super-militant, pseudo-enlightened, Jessie Sharpton Sotomayor type ? . But man, it's crazy how people have been convinced to look down on their own race.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited October 2013
    Options
    so in other words, they are indoctrinated by aint-? black people and co-signed by "? ass crackers".

Basically.
    as humans, we are born with EYES and EARS. what about the kid who gets told that he isnt ? and that he wont ever be and continues to see death and destruction all around him yet chooses to walk the path of the straight and narrow? what about the kid that chooses BETTER for himself, doesnt join the gang and what not? does this kid represent the majority? NO. but he should. striving to be BETTER should be inherent, as we ALL were born with EYES & ears. the CHOICE to do better is ALWAYS there. the means? now thats a whole new conversation.

I get the heart and soul of what you're trying to say and i think you see what i'm trying to say...

The kid that makes those choices is a leader, but lets be real, how many people out there are that? Most people are sheep. That's just how it is. Very few people have what it takes to buck the trends set around them.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno I've never talked to one before.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    its always the confusion starters, saying stop the drama.. don't start no ? wont be no ? .. .people ? me when they act as if people just get "upset"... evidently someone is provoking the drama..I just do not want to be friends with certain type of black women.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

? choose JAIL, sir.

? choose JAIL, sir.

? CHOOSE jail, sir.

and i do not have a limited understanding of what goes on in poor neighborhoods. i get it.

but just like in the Matrix, the CHOICE is there. there are options regardless of the circumstances.

They are indoctrinated by society and the people around them. If your family and the people you grow up believing know best are constantly telling you, you have no chance, then you're going to believe that. And that's what happens when you have people that have been impoverished for generations.

Your Matrix analogy proves my point. The only people in the Matrix that could make that choice were the ones who had their eyes opened to the truth. Everyone else went on thinking the Matrix was reality. It's the same thing in the hood. Most of those kids don't even believe some things are possible until someone comes along and shows them they are. I'm not trying to take personal responsibility away. You're right, at some point a choice is made, but there are reasons behind every choice and it's unfair for you to minimize everything that leads up to some of the bad choices these kids make.

great post....

HOWEVER the same philosophy applies to what people "choose" to watch, listen to, etc...including black men and women

this is in reference to the post where u stated you don't feel sorry or whatever for the way blk mn and women are negatively portrayed on tv because so and so continues to watch/ produce ( insert ignorant, mildly entertaining reality show)

AND i'm not making excuses...by watching the shows and w/e that perpetuate negative images of blk people, we are apart of the problem

but realize reality show “stars”, rappers, athletes,etc present what appears to be an attainable, glamorous lifestyle to a group of women and men who may not have the wherewithal or resources needed to carve out a financially stable life for themselves realistically

with that said, you should care. it indirectly impacts how people ( i.e. a potential employers, law enforcement officials, random person on the street) perceive your mother, sister, wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, etc

also fact is we still live in a racially segregated country. for the most part (insert race )people work, socialize, go to school, etc with people of the same race, so whether you want to believe it or not the media, television, film, music, etc plays a vital role in shaping our views of the world outside our windows

“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth… Because they control the minds of the masses.” -Malcolm X
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

? choose JAIL, sir.

? choose JAIL, sir.

? CHOOSE jail, sir.

great post....

HOWEVER the same philosophy applies to what people "choose" to watch, listen to, etc...including black men and women

this is in reference to the post where u stated you don't feel sorry or whatever for the way blk mn and women are negatively portrayed on tv because so and so continues to watch/ produce ( insert ignorant, mildly entertaining reality show)

AND i'm not making excuses...by watching the shows and w/e that perpetuate negative images of blk people, we are apart of the problem

but realize reality show “stars”, rappers, athletes,etc present what appears to be an attainable, glamorous lifestyle to a group of women and men who may not have the wherewithal or resources needed to carve out a financially stable life for themselves realistically

with that said, you should care. it indirectly impacts how people perceive your mother, sister, wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, etc

also fact is we still live in a racially segregated country. for the most part (insert race )people work, socialize, go to school, etc with people of the same race, so whether you want to believe it or not the media, television, film, music, etc plays a vital role in shaping our views

“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth… Because they control the minds of the masses.” -Malcolm X

I feel what you're saying, but one thing I hate in the black community is the hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with black women watching those stupid shows. If that's what entertains them, cool. What I have a problem with is them complaining about their image but then supporting the main ? that drives that image.

You're right. How black people in general are portrayed is important, but if we are going to fight those perceptions we have to be responsible by how we carry ourselves and what image we promote. I feel the same way about the images of black men and black women. The only difference is black women tend to take a more "Woe is me" attitude with their portrayal. Which is annoying as hell given how much a lot of them push that very imagery.

All that said, I agree with much of what you said.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

? choose JAIL, sir.

? choose JAIL, sir.

? CHOOSE jail, sir.

great post....

with that said, you should care. it indirectly impacts how people perceive your mother, sister, wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, etc

also fact is we still live in a racially segregated country. for the most part (insert race )people work, socialize, go to school, etc with people of the same race, so whether you want to believe it or not the media, television, film, music, etc plays a vital role in shaping our views

I feel what you're saying, but one thing I hate in the black community is the hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with black women watching those stupid shows. If that's what entertains them, cool. What I have a problem with is them complaining about their image but then supporting the main ? that drives that image.

You're right. How black people in general are portrayed is important, but if we are going to fight those perceptions we have to be responsible by how we carry ourselves and what image we promote. I feel the same way about the images of black men and black women. The only difference is black women tend to take a more "Woe is me" attitude with their portrayal. Which is annoying as hell given how much a lot of them push that very imagery.

All that said, I agree with much of what you said.

for the most part the women who are complaining, who have the same mindset as you and i aren't the ones tuning in weekly to the shows and such that perpetuate negative imaginary

and really who are these hypocritical blk women with this "woe is me" attitude you speak of? not something i myself have observed

but yea once more and more people wake up and realize that they are apart of the prob things will change

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? titangraph wars...? the T/S for bumping this horseshit...

a whole bunch of maphukas just typing...that's it...just typing
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Well now that I read that completely disregard my 1st two comments

I shoulda known IB Blackman wasn't on some dumb ? lol

Stupid fuckn fake malcolm x idiot
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

for the most part the women who are complaining, who have the same mindset as you and i aren't the ones tuning in weekly to the shows and such that perpetuate negative imaginary

and really who are these hypocritical blk women with this "woe is me" attitude you speak of? not something i myself have observed

but yea once more and more people wake up and realize that they are apart of the prob things will change

Man, you remember the Superbowl commercial where the black chick through the can at her man. They complaining about that ? for weeks afterwards. And you really telliing me you never heard any black women complain about the way the media portrays black women? How many black women do you know? I ain't saying it's something they whine about all day every day, but most females I know will give you an earful on that subject.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twatgetta
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    I blame all the skandalous black ? behind the scenes at these networks that book this trash to skew the view of the Black Queen.

lol you've got the game ? up if you think that black people are in THAT much control.

its the jewish white folks at the top!

Jewish people just fund the networks, but they hire negros to produce the shows to wash they hands clean. so at the end of the day it's the Black people like the Tyler Perry's, the Ms.Lee's (BET), Oprha Winfrey, Shaunice O'neal (Baketball Wives), the Georgia Peach production company, etc..that green light this niggerdom to Viacom, Hollywood, VH1, etc...who buy the shows and promote the ignorance and make the money. so at the end of the day Black folks is shittin' on Black folks. ..time to look in the mirror.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    AND it'sour own fault as the Black community to allow some some ? like Worldstar to exist...which btw is run by a ? ' ARAB!...

WAKE THE ? UP BLACK PEOPLE!
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    edited October 2013
    Options
    see what it is I guess the men can't see who start ? , they just look at the one that get rage.. Favorite line, why can't they get along, because some women like to start ? ...favorite line these ? crazy, but look at ? main one instigating. so whats the problem?

http://youtu.be/Km6iZxBAcVo

http://youtu.be/CsokiXfomhc
    http://youtu.be/u7M4DPq3VYA

The girl in this vid ? up cause she keep backing up. .you suppose to move in when a ? is swinging. she's afraid to get her face bruised. You suppose to push the other chick coming towards you back by swinging in on her ass until she trips.. Then you kick her so she can fall then stomp her, grab her by her hair then hit her head on the ground, until you make her dizzy.. get up and start kicking and then trip her ass.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    edited October 2013
    Options
    its not about your weight the technique you cant be afraid to take a punch. cave in on the ? until you get the ? in a position she can't get out of. I lost a couple fights, (but not detrimental loss ) but I don't start ? , so I manage to win most. Especially fat girls who think they can beat my ass because I'm slender.. The technique is to push them ? back cave in, knock em off balance.. you fall get up fast, trip em re-earrange the position. ? on top of you, keep hitting her in her eyes. choke her block her wind. roll over like it's a fire drill to you get her up off, jump up fast and start kicking the ? .... you loose come back and beat the ? with 4 by 4 or pipe. ? keep beef going, SHOOT HER! ? GOTTA LEARN YOU CANT GO AROUND STARTING ? WITH OTHER WOMEN WHO ARE NOT ? WITH YOU, JUST BECAUSE YOU JEALOUS...

http://youtu.be/x7qhcYdpMjM
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAh, she ? up cuz she was fighting a chick built like a NFL Linebacker that knew how to fight.