(((((( ^^^^ The OFFICIAL DIRTEE BIRDZ 2012 Thread ^^^^ ))))))

Options

Comments

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? I understand tho

I expect the aints,panthers, and bucs fans to have something to say

But when you get browns and ravens fans then I just think

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I think you're missing the point. It's not an issue about the team you rep it's about why y'all get the hate y'all do. It's the ? talking y'all do and it stands out more because y'all deep on here. Picture a bunch of mumo x on here talking ? about how great the bucs will be every year.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point. It's not an issue about the team you rep it's about why y'all get the hate y'all do. It's the ? talking y'all do and it stands out more because y'all deep on here. Picture a bunch of mumo x on here talking ? about how great the bucs will be every year.

Point me in the direction of the post or thread of any falcon fan that said how "great" we're going to be.

Everything we rep or predict about the falcons is factual and already been accomplished.

I'll wait...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Some ? I understand tho

I expect the aints,panthers, and bucs fans to have something to say

But when you get browns and ravens fans then I just think

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

Exaaaaactly. ? who have no reason to hate on the falcons whatsoever.

It's simple psychology if you ask me. ? who don't have any real pride or allegiance to anything can't stand a ? that does.

That's a fact.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Your front office mortgaged future draft picks that were meant to upgrade and build a championship defense.

Instead you use 6 draft
    Picks on one player to boost an already established offense.

And the following year you lose 24-2 in the first playoff game. That's more embarrassing then anything the Browns experienced. ? sound like a Hollywood comedy script.

2 points though!?? (Rob Parker voice) Really???! Really!?!?

Lmao
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2012
    Options
    4-12 after over a decade worth of top draft picks. lol

bi_in_fo_laughing_gif_by_kuro_kokoro-d4zdga6.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all are a good team and have the right to talk ? . Not saying the "hate" is justified it's just that it is what it is.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    jaemooms wrote: »
    Your front office mortgaged future draft picks that were meant to upgrade and build a championship defense.

Instead you use 6 draft

And the following year you lose 24-2 in the first playoff game. That's more embarrassing then anything the Browns experienced. ? sound like a Hollywood comedy script.

Lmao

what the ? do a browns fan know about playoffs?

last time yall won a playoff game the man in your avi was 2

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cleveland browns on a one playoff appearance every 10 year average

cleveland-browns-demotivational-poster-1233737591.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2012
    Options

jaemooms wrote: »

Instead you use 6 draft

Lmao

what the ? do a browns fan know about playoffs?

last time yall won a playoff game the man in your avi was 2

But he think a few draft picks gon' change all that. lol.

That's like a ? with AIDS thinkin' he's cured 'cause he copped some Nyquil on sale.

foh.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    It's been confirmed, Baker is the tackle that Sidbury owned on that first sack. lol. smh.

Damn shame. Hopefully that has more to do with Sidbury than Baker.

Nolan said that Sidbury's skillset is "perfect" for his schemes.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Photos of Asante's pick-6....

http://www.falconsblitz.com/2012/08/04/samuels-pick-6-at-falcons-fnl/

Roddy's 50-yard touchdown came right after this apparently. Asante and Matty been talkin' trash to each other all offseason.

Apparently Asante said "Don't ever test 22!" after that pick 6 and Ryan went right back after him for the 50 yard Roddy touchdown pass.

Steel sharpens steel. I luv it.

Asante+Samuel+Matt+Ryan+Philadelphia+Eagles+O1QUCnpF6Orl.jpg

More from last night...

Game highlights start at 6:00...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOW_GopxAJs
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Po Baker.
    Julio Jones, Roddy White the best NFL wideout duo

By Gregg Rosenthal
    Around The League editor
    Published: Aug. 3, 2012 at 03:15 p.m.
    Updated: Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:48 a.m.

We've talked up the Atlanta Falcons' Julio Jones as a potential top-five receiver all offseason. Now teammate Roddy White is doing the work for us.

"He's going to be really good this year. I mean really, really special," White said.

The duo's competitiveness and confidence showed in a recent interview with NFL.com and NFL Network's Albert Breer. The Associated Press writes that White and Jones believe they can be the top wide receiver duo in the league.

It's not a crazy thought. The top three receivers in the game -- Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald -- all lack a great No. 2 wideout. (Titus Young could change that for Johnson and the Detroit Lions.)

We looked through each roster to see if any duo beats White and Jones. Tight ends are not allowed to be used in this discussion, so combining the New England Patriots' Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski doesn't count.

After thinking about it a while (drum roll, please), we'd take the Falcons. If we could pick one wide receiver duo, just for 2012, it would be White and Jones. Here's the entire top top-five.

1. Roddy White and Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons: The versatility of both players puts them over the top.

2. Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz, New York Giants: The best big-play combination of the NFL.

3. Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers: They get knocked ever-so-slightly because Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy's system make them look so good.

4. Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers: These two young players complement each other so well. (Assuming Wallace shows up for work.)

5. DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia Eagles: A little too similar in style for our taste.

Honorable mention: Calvin Johnson and Titus Young (Detroit Lions), Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd (New England Patriots), Miles Austin and Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys).

Edited by The Falcon Jedi Knight, Today, 07:48 AM.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82b06a4a/article/julio-jones-roddy-white-the-best-nfl-wideout-duo?module=HP11_content_stream

lol. This that ? that make the haters mad. "Man, y'all talmbout Roddy and Julio wuz the best duo and y'all didn't even go undefeated." lol. I can hear'em now.

Actually, I honestly didn't realize that the competition was that lame. There are a lot of good QBs in the league, but not as many top notch WR duos.

Usually just a bunch of average-to-good receivers (Saints, Packers) and one All-pro caliber receiver with a bunch of average ones.

Oh, well. Haters will hate, but lists like these don't win game - or lose them.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Coverage of today's scrimmage with the titans...

The Falcons got to face a different defense for the first time Monday evening against the Titans and they looked as sharp as they have during camp. Head coach Mike Smith spent the majority of his practice time watching the offense, specifically the first teamers since they will not be playing much during the first preseason game coming up Thursday with the Ravens.

“This was a good way to get some good work for our starters,” Smith said, adding that he expects the younger players on the roster to fill much of the minutes against the Ravens.

Quarterback Matt Ryan looked crisp in his operation of the offense, hitting numerous receivers in stride throughout the day. Kevin Cone, Harry Douglas and Roddy White had a few catches on the evening. Julio Jones may have had the highlight when he beat one-on-one coverage against Jason McCourty and caught a pass as he slanted across the field for a touchdown.

“We’ll have a better understanding when we watch the tape,” Ryan said. “For the most part we wanted to make sure on top of our assignments going against a different defense. They gave us some different looks and we had certain rules for certain things. It’s good work for us in a somewhat controlled environment. I thought it was productive.”

Smith was pleased with Ryan’s effectiveness in the practice against a team he wasn’t familiar with.

“I thought it was very competitive on the offensive side of the football,” Smith said. “There were some good plays made by both teams. I really liked the way Matt operated with our wide receivers and tight ends.”

5020537bb6973d1744020000.jpg?width=728&height=410&ratio=16:9&portraitOkay=true
    5020537cb6973d1744030000.jpg?width=728&height=410&ratio=16:9&portraitOkay=true

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    Nothing been said about grimes yet but I don't think him or dunta play thursday
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Grimes is cool. Mike Smith is real easy on vets in camp. You so much as frown and you'll get the day off.

That's why Gonzo is still playing. He said two years ago that he would've retired if he had to go hard in training camp every year.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    JULIOOOOO!

Already.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I thought franks was gone on that punt return
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    FRANKZ!!!!!

soonersx.jpg

booomer!!
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    You gotta read that Matty, smh.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Defense lookin' straight so far. I can dig it.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Julio looking like the #1 reciever on the team right now
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    They feedin Julio. matty look sharp aside from that pick.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Julio Trolling the Ravens D. lmao
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    But we gave all those picks to cleveland tho

tumblr_lrl519y4E81qdres4.gif