(((((( ^^^^ The OFFICIAL DIRTEE BIRDZ 2012 Thread ^^^^ ))))))

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moore = yes.

DeCoud = Lord willin.

? dropped like 4 picks last year. And blows way too many coverages.

Willmo just can't stay healthy.

WillMo is pro bowl caliber, Decoud is above average at best.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Decent output from the first teams.

Ryan still look better. Turner on his usual pre/post season slump.

Only concern is the run game. Somebody not named Turner need to step.

Shouts out Lousaka gettin a score. lol
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yea, I wanna see Davis get 2nd team reps in at least one of the next two games. He's been the best backup so far on the roster.
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Atlanta Falcons: Davis in hunt for No. 2 backup QB gig

FLOWERY BRANCH — Quarterbacks Chris Redman, John Parker Wilson and rookie Dominique Davis are in a heated battle to backup starter Matt Ryan.
    Some coaches prefer to have an established veteran at that key position.

“Whoever the best backup guy is, whether if he’s a 10-year vet or a rookie, is going to be our backup quarterback,” Falcons coach Mike Smith said after practice on Saturday. “I think you have to go out there and let the play on the field [decide]. … It’s a matter of who plays the best.”

Redman and Wilson have not played well during the exhibition season, while Davis, an undrafted rookie from East Carolina, has put together two solid outings.

“I thought that Chris and JP played better than they did the first game and Dom has played pretty good in both games, coming in at the end,” offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter said. “Dom gave us a chance to come back from two scores. He definitely did a nice job in that fourth quarter.”

[img]http://thatdudeeddie.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/thank-you-based-? .jpg[/img]
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just watched the 1st team play on Rewind. Our defense shined tonight.

Especially the pass defense.

Shouts out to our pass defense not allowing a complete pass damn near the whole 1st quarter!! That's wassup.

Ryan still looking sharp, damn near 70% completion. Turner looked a lil better, but we need my ? Snelling back a.s.a.p.

I think the starters on both sides of the ball earned the right to only play one drive each next week.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shouts out to our pass defense not allowing a complete pass damn near the whole 1st quarter!! That's wassup.

Ryan still looking sharp, damn near 70% completion. Turner looked a lil better, but we need my ? Snelling back a.s.a.p.

I think the starters on both sides of the ball earned the right to only play one drive each next week.

This

Still cant get that 4th down conversion tho they gotta figure that ? out. And its time for chris redman to go
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

This

Still cant get that 4th down conversion tho they gotta figure that ? out. And its time for chris redman to go

I can't even get mad at Smitty for them 4th downs, lol. The Falcons have had so many ? ass coaches over the years, I'm glad to see one that's like "? yo punt team, nikka".

And yeah, 'Nique is hands down the #2 now. Hopefully we can develop him into some decent trade bait over the next couple years.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Georgia Dome 2.0?

New Retractable Roof stadium in the works...

After stumbling over a number of hurdles, a deal for a new stadium for the Falcons appears to be getting closer.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a proposal for a $948 million retractable-roof stadium in downtown Atlanta could be agreed to by the end of the year.

The Georgia World Congress Center (the sprawling convention center adjacent to the Georgia Dome) has been negotiating with the team for a year and a half, and it seems they’ve cleared a number of hurdles.

“The complexity of the deal is ultimately driving the schedule, and we do not feel pressured to rush through our analysis in order to meet an aspirational timeline,” GWCC spokeswoman Jennifer LeMaster said.

There are still a number of obstacles to clear, including the small issues of where to put it and how to pay for it (details, details).

The initial plan was to build an open-air stadium to operate along with the Georgia Dome, but it didn’t take long for people to realize that wasn’t the best idea ever cooked up by a civic booster whose reach exceeded his checkbook.

The Falcons have always preferred an open-air stadium, and frankly, the Georgia Dome has always been one of the most ill-considered buildings in the league. It’s not a dump by any stretch of the imagination, just never presents much in the way of atmosphere, despite a favorable location downtown. It’s just a charmless large space, like the meeting hall next door, perfectly functional and no more

018_final_02.jpg
    021_final_01.jpg
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to my boi Mike Smith for finally cuttin John Parker Wilson sorry ass yesterday.

I know they better keep that new stadium near a marta station somewhere or traffic from downtown all the way to gwinnett county is going to be all ? up for hours. They think traffic is bad now.......

Yes I keep hearing its gonna be in the same area as the Georgia dome. Bout a mile down the street from where it is now on North Side. Only problem with that is its farther from the damn train station. A lot of people might not wanna walk an extra mile when they are use to just walking across the street.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    FLOWERY BRANCH –The Falcons placed defensive tackle Corey Peters on the reserve/n football injury list and waived quarterback John Parker Wilson Sunday, trimming their 75 players. Peters will not be eligible to return to the active roster until after Week 6 of the regular season
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess they're going to cap off of that marta bus fee like they do the Braves' games.

Yep..... I was thinking the same thing when I heard it would be further down the street.

@allday1992, I saw that pic of Matt Ryan on twitter yesterday
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Damn, Corey Peters need to suit up. He was ballin last year.

O well, at least Jerry is finally lookin like a 1st rounder and Sidbury is coming on.

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lil over 200 posts in this thread.. 150 easily by numbaz and greenwood haha. welp, missed my draft party yesterday, and ended up with matt ryan and julio jones. go figure lmao.. (not necessarly a bad thing.. just sayin)
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    That's why I don't ? with fantasy. If I had to root for Tony Romo and Dez Bryant every Sunday I wouldnt be able to live with myself.

I wanna be 100% satisfied that they've failed, or not give a ? if they succeed. lol
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haha swear.. its my first year doin it so i mean ? it, prob wont do it again. all this means is ima pay more attention to your team, and if they ? up.. i'm taking it out on this thread lol
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    haha swear.. its my first year doin it so i mean ? it, prob wont do it again. all this means is ima pay more attention to your team, and if they ? up.. i'm taking it out on this thread lol

a lot of people will be taking their misplaced frustration out on this thread anyway. aint nothin new for us lol

we be in here lookin like that mike stoops gif

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    falcons r trash, matty warm is a ?
    if flacco had Roddy, tony and julio. he would break brees record
    baddest birds in da league reside in Bmore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^regular season
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ this IC Ravens-Falcons beef...reminds me of the Bulls-Thunder a couple years ago
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Lol @ this IC Ravens-Falcons beef...reminds me of the Bulls-Thunder a couple years ago

I still don't understand it. That one game must have hurt they feelings.

1350479_o.gif
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »

I still don't understand it. That one game must have hurt they feelings.

1350479_o.gif

And that was without Mr. 100 yards in 1 Quarter.

• Snake Griffin
    Snake Griffin Members Posts: 241 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About damn time we cut Redman sorry ass. McCown will probably be the 3rd QB behind Dominique Davis but that's still better than what we had.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8310804/atlanta-falcons-release-veteran-backup-quarterback-chris-redman-sign-luke-mccown
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    About damn time we cut Redman sorry ass. McCown will probably be the 3rd QB behind Dominique Davis but that's still better than what we had.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8310804/atlanta-falcons-release-veteran-backup-quarterback-chris-redman-sign-luke-mccown

flRWu.gif
  • greenwood1921
    Options

d7TBk.gif

• greenwood1921
    Options
    It was time for a change. Redman was just stealing checks from Blank.

Davis is actually talented, and McCown has a strong arm and is competitive.

Redman actually quit football back before Mularkey and Smith picked him up.

Now we have 2 backups that would be thirsty to get in and take advantage of the talent around them if Matty went down instead of just sleepwalking thru the plays like Redman did in 09 and every preseason.