The Official Boardwalk Empire (Season 3) Thread

Options

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rayguevara wrote: »
    does any here think they are going to bring Bumpy Johnson in the mix within the next couple of seasons? I think t could have some great plots with him. He probably would be considered to Luciano to what Chalky is to Nucky. They could probably have some war between the young upstart in Bumpy and his arlem crew versus veteran Chalky/Don and the AC crew. From several articles they said Bumpy was an extremly hothead, so that sould make for a fun character especially after the writers ? Gyp.

they betta watch out for Bumpy's driver.....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, but adding bumpy in and trying to start some storyline between him and Chalky would just seem tacked on. I know ya'll want to see another black face, but they aren't going to sacrifice the story just to do that, especially when they did a lot of stretching with Chalky's character to have him in the position he is in the show.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    if that waste of human life margeret is in the last episode i will turn it off

i dont care if its her corpse

I'm guessing you haven't seen the preview of the finale cause she appears in it.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, but adding bumpy in and trying to start some storyline between him and Chalky would just seem tacked on. I know ya'll want to see another black face, but they aren't going to sacrifice the story just to do that, especially when they did a lot of stretching with Chalky's character to have him in the position he is in the show.

Yeah, I dont see Bumpy coming in on the show. You already have "Bumpy" with Chalky. Also "Bumpy's" real gig was the numbers racket, not liquor.

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    if that waste of human life margeret is in the last episode i will turn it off

i dont care if its her corpse

I'm guessing you haven't seen the preview of the finale cause she appears in it.

Yeah, and she had blood on her dress in the preview.

Hopefully its from multiple gunshot wounds.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dam i thought i'd see the last of that hoe

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yall really think they gonna let Harrow be happy? that kinda defeats his character unless he works for nucky*hopefully this is true* otherwise this may be his last episode, Richard out the game playing house aint got no reason to be on the show. IJS
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harrow isn't coming back next season. He's either dead or skipping town with Tommy and Julia. I'm hoping for the latter, but I'm afraid it will probably be the former. Other forums are saying Gillian may take Gyp out during some ? asphyxiation session. Not sure if someone mentioned that here.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    So yall really think they gonna let Harrow be happy? that kinda defeats his character unless he works for nucky*hopefully this is true* otherwise this may be his last episode, Richard out the game playing house aint got no reason to be on the show. IJS

Man.

What if he kills Tommy in that ? . I just feel like Harrow may survive but something tragic is gonna happen.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    am i the only one who is lovin those drums they play when ? about to get real.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does any here think they are going to bring Bumpy Johnson in the mix within the next couple of seasons? I think t could have some great plots with him. He probably would be considered to Luciano to what Chalky is to Nucky. They could probably have some war between the young upstart in Bumpy and his arlem crew versus veteran Chalky/Don and the AC crew. From several articles they said Bumpy was an extremly hothead, so that sould make for a fun character especially after the writers ? Gyp.

It's possible but Dutch Schultz would have to be in it as well, because Luciano actually has Dutch killed in real life.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is the preview for next week's finale? I'm trying to see it.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    am i the only one who is lovin those drums they play when ? about to get real.

Their music score is great, I keep trying to find some online but I usually find music that's from that time period that they play in the show. This post makes me want to pay attention to the score when it has a dramatic scene now.
    Where is the preview for next week's finale? I'm trying to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E1QUpNkHag

I never really cared for the previews but after the 11th episode I had to see 'em for the finale. Can't wait.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »

they betta watch out for Bumpy's driver.....

Frank Lucas?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Always thought Chalky was supposed to be a Bumpy like character
  • rayguevara
    rayguevara Members Posts: 21
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Always thought Chalky was supposed to be a Bumpy like character

I'm sure he is, but lert's face it this was a period where gangsters ran wild and whaBoardwalk is doing so well is creating a fictional story in a time with real characters and real events. Bumpy just so happens to be a mjor player at this time (or maybe a bit later when Luciano becomes more powerful) so from a historical standpoint I thought it could be cool to add some light.

• rayguevara
    Options
    Gyp needs to die in dramatic fashion for all he's done, maybe not in a torturous way but a surprising or humiliating/funny way (ie Phil Leotardo having the truck roll over his head)
  • rayguevara
    Options
    Gyp needs to die in dramatic fashion for all he's done, if not in a torturous way but a surprising or humiliating/funny way (ie Phil Leotardo having the truck roll over his head)

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Gilian kills Gyp I will be so ? . Gyp is too good of a villian to die to that ? . Its just not righteous.

I also don't really care if they follow history entirely, its not like its supposed to be true to life anyways, as long as it makes for a good story.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real talk, i dont want them to follow history.
    Cuz if they do, then ? in here dropping chapter and verse of
    real events are dropping spoilers, and we all agree thats some hoe ass ? .
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get ya mafia history up sucka
  • rayguevara
    Options

I agree with this
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    super hyped for season finale.

1st time all season imma ? with Boardwalk before Walking Dead. ? better be EPIC!
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    tonight its goes DOWN!.......
    [img][/img]imager.php?id=1202405&t=o GIFSoup
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn sittin here watchin how to make it in america just noticed benny sigel was the dude on here tryin to represent crisp.....im drinkin dont mind me