The Official Boardwalk Empire (Season 3) Thread

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    real talk, i dont want them to follow history.
    Cuz if they do, then ? in here dropping chapter and verse of
    real events are dropping spoilers, and we all agree thats some hoe ass ? .

It's not a spoiler if it's in history books my dude.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    damn sittin here watchin how to make it in america just noticed benny sigel was the dude on here tryin to represent crisp.....im drinkin dont mind me

I just realized this. That's wild.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it would have been cool if Richard blew up the spot with no mask on.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

I see you're a Two Face fan huh? lol
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did nucky ? masseria's men in the wood?
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To get a message across that he aint to be ? with

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

'Cause Masseria would've probably sent those men right back after him again once he found out from Rothstein that the whole distillery deal was a setup.

deemula420 wrote: »

To get a message across that he aint to be ? with

This too.

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Margaret will return next season....so yall can quit cryin about that BUT....I really don't see her being such a focal point next season.....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ the reporters laughing in the mayor's face when he said "Nucky Thompson doesn't run this city, I do".
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know yall hate the sappy stufff but..

Imma be upset if they take away the girl from Richard, dude deserves a win. He needs to keep his ? and just go be nuckys muscle.

basically he will be the new jimmy with a loyal chick intead
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel the same way. Even though I would have missed the character, from a story standpoint I wouldn't have had a problem with them letting him go off with her and live happily ever after.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

I see you're a Two Face fan huh? lol

naahhh, but can you imagine the terror if someone like that was comin in there like a demon? Stories like that creates legends and myths
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    RIP GYP. you'll be missed.

overall, fun episode
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    ? . one of the best episodes.

it seems pretty obvious that Rosetti's right hand man is going to give him up

my bad yall for not putting this in spoilers when i originally posted it. but i will not apologize for bumping this post
  • Matt-
    Options
    and what was it that capone called chalky? Nana or Naga or something like that? one of you naga's let me know
  • Matt-
    Options
    and richard harrow is the greatest muscle on any show that i've ever seen
  • Matt-
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I understood the way they killed Gyp off. In the greater scheme of things Gyp wasn't that important. He was just a hot headed punk who tried to go at a boss and got shown why he's an employee. Harrow is a beast. Nucky should leave Margret's ? ass alone. I wonder if next season Eli is going to be more out front with the gangster ? and Nucky's character is going to be more like the real history and not involve himself with the day to day operations. Best season finale in a long time.

i think nucky has transformed into gangster. either on the day to day level or on the high up level. probably the latter. but it seems he realizes he can't be half way involved in both lives, he's got to be one or the other, and he probabaly wont hold office again, so yeah, i think he is gonna be about that life.... and nobody give me a damn history lesson either...

but damnit nucky, when eddie comes back treat that man with some damn respect
  • Matt-
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • Matt-
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    i know yall hate the sappy stufff but..

Imma be upset if they take away the girl from Richard, dude deserves a win. He needs to keep his ? and just go be nuckys muscle.

basically he will be the new jimmy with a loyal chick intead

jimmy was a gangster and a soldier who didn't care about his family all that much.

richard is a soldier. who is obsessed with having a family of his own. i'm pretty sure what he did tonight scared ol girl. hopefully she gets over it. because if she can't, and richard just lost his chance at love because of the life that he lives, then i don't worry about him joining up w/ nucky. i worry that he might commit dat. he already almost did it once.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody gif Chalky squaring up with Capone.
    Looked like his knuckle game is serious. Fighting Irish style.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone have an idea why Rothstein ? over Luciano and Meyer like that? I skipped a couple episodes this season so maybe I missed something, but it just seemed out of character for him to screw over his boys AND gloat over it.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I understood the way they killed Gyp off. In the greater scheme of things Gyp wasn't that important. He was just a hot headed punk who tried to go at a boss and got shown why he's an employee. Harrow is a beast. Nucky should leave Margret's ? ass alone. I wonder if next season Eli is going to be more out front with the gangster ? and Nucky's character is going to be more like the real history and not involve himself with the day to day operations. Best season finale in a long time.

i think nucky has transformed into gangster. either on the day to day level or on the high up level. probably the latter. but it seems he realizes he can't be half way involved in both lives, he's got to be one or the other, and he probabaly wont hold office again, so yeah, i think he is gonna be about that life.... and nobody give me a damn history lesson either...

but damnit nucky, when eddie comes back treat that man with some damn respect

Sorry, but here goes your history lesson. In real life Nucky stayed away from all the gangster ? and ran the political side. That's how he stayed alive for so long. You don't have to worry because this series is very much fictional, so anything can happen.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone have an idea why Rothstein ? over Luciano and Meyer like that? I skipped a couple episodes this season so maybe I missed something, but it just seemed out of character for him to screw over his boys AND gloat over it.

Rothstein was known to always trying to teach people a lesson. He ? them because he wanted the distillery and he needed something to entice Mazzaria. Mazzaria was all about the money, they all were. Hence why they can go from trying to ? each other and then be back in business with each other like nothing. Read up on Luciano and you will find out why none of them should have ? with Luciano's emotions. Gangsters have feelings too.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I think we all love Richard Harrow so much is because we all see a little bit of ourselves in his character, whether we admit to it or not.

and Rothstein is such a smarmy ? . I hope Lucky gets his chance to whipe him out, ? a history lesson.
  • dreadstatah
    dreadstatah Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Options
    "Nucky will create his own gang"

Got damn I gotta wait a year for this? Harrow has to be on the team this time out.