The Official Boardwalk Empire (Season 3) Thread

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man there was a ton of ? going on. hoe-ass gillian was all talking about the time that fat ? commodore ? her when she was a kid.

wtf is up with Nelson?

Hope Richard is okay. Richard just walked into the place and cleared the whole set.

Gyp got stabbed in the back by his right hand man. Probably wasn't too hard for him after Gyp brutally beat his cousin to death with a shovel.

so is rothstien about to catch a case? Charlie and Meyer gonna have a rise to power next season, same with capone.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Some quick thoughts:

Crazy how fast they tore down Gyp's character. He was a good character the whole season and the writers really had him go out like a real ? . I understand why they did it but it still was kinda wack.

I like how they set up Capone & Luciano is finally growing some ? . Next season will be they're coming out party.

Richard Harrow now has officially gotten on Omar status. That shootout was gangsta as hell. They way he entered, the way it was shot, just brilliant. He really has become a important character considering where he was in the 1st season.

I could do without Gillian next season she should have OD'ed.

I really don't get Nucky's and Margaret's relationship. And I'll compare it to the Sopranos with Carmela and Tony. What made that relationship great to watch is that the actors had real chemistry and Edie Falco was a great screen presence. Not hating on the actress that plays Margaret but she is just annoying to watch. The episode was flowing great and then it got to her and everything stopped. They either have to write her out the story next season or severely limit her screen time. There are too many great characters than can use that screen time.

Nice to see Nucky and Eli back together.

All in all a nice finish to the season. I thought the season really dragged until the last 3 episodes but the finale will has me interested to see where it goes next season. They have a lot of great characters to work with they just have take to focus off Margaret. I even think with A.C. in peace mode they should now focus more on Chicago and NY. Mad ? is gonna go down in both cities.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    man there was a ton of ? going on. hoe-ass gillian was all talking about the time that fat ? commodore ? her when she was a kid.

wtf is up with Nelson?

Hope Richard is okay. Richard just walked into the place and cleared the whole set.

Gyp got stabbed in the back by his right hand man. Probably wasn't too hard for him after Gyp brutally beat his cousin to death with a shovel.

so is rothstien about to catch a case? Charlie and Meyer gonna have a rise to power next season, same with capone.

next season starts in 1924.....you will see the northside/southside chicago war.......

we should see (I hope) the young turks start making more appearances......
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf is up with Nelson?

Damn I totally forgot about Nelson! He'll probably be knee deep in the North/South Chi town war.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great way to end the season. But Gyp was too gangster to go out like that

Harrow is GOAT
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, Harrow won TV. I mean the whole thing. Dude went straight up FPS and caught a nasty killstreak.

This was the best season finale I've seen in a long time. We'll see what they come with on Sons of Anarchy, but I don't see them outdoing this.

lol @ the shots they took at Black people this episode though. How Capone gonna call Chalky and his people "Bingo Bongos?"
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great season finale....a whole lotta killin goin on....Richard Harrow is my hero dude murked like 8 dudes in a span of a few mins WOW...Nucky owes him a lot for real...glad I didn't die either hopefully they make another Season and grows from here
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like the way Gyp went out.
    He came in with a bang, from offing the dude in the first scene of the season, to ethering everyone at that New Year's party. Then he got what he deserved in the end, no overly dramatic ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, Gyp's end was cool with me. He had his G moments, but him being a loose wired weirdo stood out more than him being a G. He pretty much got what he deserved.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Dope season finale...as it's already been said, Harrow's trillness is unmatched.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be honest though, with the exception of a few episodes most of this season was boring-mainly because of that Margaret ? . I'm praying to ? almighty she gets killed off in the first episode of season 4, I think it'll be a good way to kick things off and for the writers to show that they're not bullshitting anymore.

Capone, Luciano, Chalky, Harrow, Van Alden...so many interesting stories, I don't have the time or patience to be watching that frowny-faced ? .
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? bless her though.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I understood the way they killed Gyp off. In the greater scheme of things Gyp wasn't that important. He was just a hot headed punk who tried to go at a boss and got shown why he's an employee. Harrow is a beast. Nucky should leave Margret's ? ass alone. I wonder if next season Eli is going to be more out front with the gangster ? and Nucky's character is going to be more like the real history and not involve himself with the day to day operations. Best season finale in a long time.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet you something is going to come up where Nucky isn't going to give the club to Chalky next season
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    van alden better play a bigger role next season. he should be at least half a gangster by then. *no jimmy*
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Margaret is back next season

Gillian ain't dead

Gyp's death was so anti climactic, but it made sense.Seems like he had gone crazy to me too

Nucky is a G, harrow is an O O G,Chalky is classic, and Capone is a nut

So Nucky ratted Rothstein out? or did the dude from American Horror Story just say that?

This finale was so good it could have ended the show, that's a great finale, when it could be a series finale

Thumbs up.Nucky going to be a straight beast.No more half a gangster
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was honestly thinkin this could end the show

BWE kinda dragged out this year while other shows kept a good pace.

Too much Margaret, too much simping by Nucky, not enough Chaulky,not enough Van Alden

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harrow with the 45, 15 and 5 in Game 6.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gyp was a loud mouth loose cannon who got too big for his britches, smh at yall saying he was a G when 3 or 4 episodes ago he was beggin for his life, and didn't make a move on Nucky until he had back up.

Richard on the other hand was goin hard out here Moe Green-in' cats, I do wish he would've put a bullet in Gillian tho

Nucky seems to always be a step ahead of everybody else

Can't wait til next season
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea when Harrow was going up the steps that 1st dude caught a point black from the sniper rifle that ? was great.

only thing missing was my man Van Alden doing some over the top ? .

and please tell me that was the last of Margret.

I hope next year when teh season starts it's Nuck opening up Chalky's spot on the boardwalk.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've been hoping since last night that when margret denied the money that meant she wont be returning next season since shes having a baby in real life but she'll be the typical cracka and have a mexican nanny raise her child while she's playing a character that could disappear and not one ? would be giving

That baby ain't coming bruh
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    wtf is up with Nelson?

Damn I totally forgot about Nelson! He'll probably be knee deep in the North/South Chi town war.

He's going to be the catalyst for O Bannon getting killed, which in turn leads to Torrio getting hit. I said this a few posts back and Terrance Winter just confirmed this.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/02/boardwalk-empire-season-3-finale/