Oprah disses one of her twitter followers.

Options

Comments

• Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    y'all looking at numbers hard as ? . So what y'all saying is if you were a billionaire y'all be dishing out money to the hood every 6 months ? ?

c'mon b, half of the "small time" successful ? don't even give back, let alone look back when they get outta their "old" community

? if I was a billionaire my fam, ? , the hood, n the ? i ? with from state to state would b on
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all looking at numbers hard as ? . So what y'all saying is if you were a billionaire y'all be dishing out money to the hood every 6 months ? ?

c'mon b, half of the "small time" successful ? don't even give back, let alone look back when they get outta their "old" community

? if I was a billionaire my fam, ? , the hood, n the ? i ? with from state to state would b on

really?
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options

really?

Yea really...I dnt care about my own success if i can't see the ? around me....I guess I'm just cut from a different cloth
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The average person would do the most noble ? with their money if they struck it rich.
    Well, they say they would anyway.
  • SlickestR
    Options

really?

Yea really...I dnt care about my own success if i can't see the ? around me....I guess I'm just cut from a different cloth

Nah, it's not that i don't believe you, but it's one thing to say it when you're dreaming of such outcomes

and then being in the actual reality of it.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    people say a lot of things if they had this or that, but when it actually happens, he/she won't be the only person with a say.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options

really?

really?

Nah, it's not that i don't believe you, but it's one thing to say it when you're dreaming of such outcomes

and then being in the actual reality of it.

I see what u saying...but being in my REALITY right now would only make that dream much sweeter if it happen
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    it's funny how some hoe ? , has an issue with Mr.S Pilgrim family freindly sig. while this ? has a big ass, bare ass pic.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    it's funny how some hoe ? , has an issue with Mr.S Pilgrim family freindly sig. while this ? has a big ass, bare ass pic.

I dnt see ? wrong with her SIG LOL....but um I been doing this....if I get banned I get banned
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    If I was a billionaire I would just give money just to give money. My help would have to be an investment not a bandaid.

If Oprah just gave money to the hood it would be a waste for the most part and it would create an expectation of infinity.

Give a person an education then that person can feed himself and his family.

Give a person money or material things then that person will be back when the money runs out or the clothes you bought are out of style or the car you bought needs work and they will expect you to correct these things.
    Like feeding puppies.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    If I was a billionaire I would just give money just to give money. My help would have to be an investment not a bandaid.

If Oprah just gave money to the hood it would be a waste for the most part and it would create an expectation of infinity.

Give a person an education then that person can feed himself and his family.

Give a person money or material things then that person will be back when the money runs out or the clothes you bought are out of style or the car you bought needs work and they will expect you to correct these things.
    Like feeding puppies.

give person an oppurtunity like a job by opening businesses. education don't neccesarily translate to money.

I dnt see ? wrong with her SIG LOL....but um I been doing this....if I get banned I get banned

ain't no personal shots at u dawg, it's just that ? got all these NSFW sigs, and these mods got a problem with her sig??
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    @bawse

That too.

I would take the free education personally. Unless it was I very high paying job with benifits. The thing about that though is usually when the person doing all the giving falls so do everyone else that he/she is helping. Then they ? on you and you become a stupid muthafucka! Word to Mc Hammer.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    Oh Naw I didn't take it as a shot....I agree..I'll prob b banned in the morning LOL...? it
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real, Oprah is the most wealthy black American in the US and has an outlet to millions. This dude doesn't have nothing like that. Saying what have you done would only be reasonable if they had the same based which they don't.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The biggest problem is the ghetto is separated from the successful people. So success to the ghetto is drug dealers and entertainers. I don't know about ya'll but most people I know didn't have that ability regardless of race. I just think Oprah and her affiliations could be doing so much more.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? audigier gonna be on hammer status if he ever makes it
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    ^ so much more like what?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    @bawse actually they excel here cause America aint for Americans..

and they come here 18.. 19.. and so on wit a clean slate and some grants..

by the time ur average kid in the hood hits that age he's already tripped over damn near obstacle set in place to keep him jus where he's at..

but like inwas sayin to Ted.. Oprah aint have to do ? for the hood for all i care.. and in the grand scheme of things SHE'S NOT! but yall in here applaudin the ? ..

if u go do somethin for the hood DO SOMETHIN.. bein smug over 500 ba's aint go cuttit though..

are the straps, from them Jesus Walks sandals. Trapping the blood in your feet, from traveling to your brain???
    how u gonna say
    Oprah aint have to do ? for the hood for all i care
    then disagree when we applaud her. Oprah don't have to do ? , yet she do, and that's why we applaud her.

i can't co-sign the obstacle ? . there not placed. they're risks we choose to take. i went to school with ? who were ? on my grades, but dropped out to run those obstacle courses.

they're ? , who went to the same school as Dwayne Wade , or Lebron James, and hooped better than Wade N James. ? who threw better than Cam, or ran bases better than Jose Reyes, but decided to that risk.

that "Obstacle Placed to keep me down", is ? ? who took the risk, and weren't as lucky as Jay-Z , or Allen Iverson , say to sleep better at night.

**Titangraph Alert**

u say the "risks we choose to take" u ever try takin advantage of a kid?? to manipulate a child?? easy huh?? well ? where im from kids is havin kids.. and it aint hard to get them caught up wit a record @13 or 14yrs old thats go haunt them for the rest of they life.. back in the day i remember they was givin credit cards to ? fresh from they 18th birthday party..

some of yall ? really show yall true selves on topics like these and should jus really stay mum on the subject.. cause u dont know what ur talkin about.. for u to sit here and say traps arent been set on the uneducated and uninitiated i have to laugh..

? ur an exception to the rule.. not the thumb of it.. i dont know how many times i have to convey this fact.. u got good grades.. good for u.. u happened to have parents that was worth a ? .. excellent.. but that dont change the fact that the vast majority dont.. talkin bout takin ? for granted??

i swear.. some of u ? only live in books.. off tv and on the iC..
    thats the only conclusion i can come to..

cause even though im at where im at i aint forget where i came.. and i aint forget the ? that didnt make it and wasnt givin a fair shake.. and me livin in the suburbs now see that its a different world.. and i can easily sit back and ridicule the dumb choices they make and say they bad.. but nah..

as i do on here.. when im in the hood im givin game... and not no street game.. im livin next to millionaires.. im rubbin shoulders with investors.. my ? is flyin private and gettin taught stocks.. i set up my own businesses.. im puttin ? in business..

i went out and did what i had to do to get where i needed to be.. so trust i aint one of these ? lookin for handouts.. and i dont give them either.. im'a teach u to fish before i feed u one..

so like i said.. i can give a ? what Oprah does for the hood.. kudos to her.. but a ? worth billions braggin about spendin several million on the hood is laughable.. if the ? really gave a ? she wouldve done more.. and who's to say she isnt?? but thats all she could come with..

but ask her what she's doin for Africa she'll give u a whole list.. ask her what she's doin for her audience and she wont shut up.. but u ask her what she's doin for the hood and all she can say is over the course of her tenure she put 500 males thru college??

thats 10 males per each state.. really Oprah.. REALLY?!?! hahahaha

yeh okay..
    but im done.. iv been drinkin.. and im inbetween interviews.. jus came home to change shirts.. spilled soy sauce on my ? eatin spicy tuna rolls.. and i figured id reply before i lost interests in the thread..

so yall have a good one... im bout to go chill with the next ? ...
    wont be no more trouble from me. lol
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure Oprah has done a lot more for the ghetto then what she tweeted but you have to ask who has helped her achieve more the ghetto or middle aged white women
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's plenty of people doing more who get little to no recognition.

I don't expect her "care" about what goes on in inner cities.

Technically she is not obligated to do anything, and in turn people are not obligated to support any of her endeavors.

Her response to that question should have been expected.

It's similar to the one she gave when asked about "building schools" in America.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And what did she say about building schools in America!
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a typical modern self proclaimed 'black enlightended' ?

Extremely concerned with the actions of celebrities

But can't account for an hour of time or a nickel or dime he's sacrificed for the advancement of the people he claims to love

All that 'kicking knowledge' but left out the part that every major initiative for the disenfranchised was a grass roots effort not a ? hand out

This generation is so ?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She needs to save young buck.

And lil scrappy

Outchea crying over 3 G's of child support that was pitiful
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what do you mean "she could do more" ?,Oprah's supposed to be the savior of the hood now ? Just because she's

worth a Billie doesn't mean she should have to spend more,I think puttin 500 people through school is very

generous. She worked hard to get where she's at,should she give back ? Yes. Does she have to ? NO