Oprah disses one of her twitter followers.

Options

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    68sx0m.jpg

AWALK ‏@awalkdatalk

Oprah answered a question with a question, because she's not giving to the ghetto. If she was she would've had a better response. Think720

@Oprah u not gonna tiger woods us

ooooooooooh Loooooord

Now ? lookin to ? for handouts

I'm really startin to believe 2012 might be it
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    Bill Gates.

George Bush has done more for Africa than any other president and he still continues.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    only 500!!?

she toooooold him!! smmfh

you got dem bands bruhhhh

why dont you put at least 1 of your homies thru college? Not even talkin bout 500 ppl you don't know like she did
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    u know wuts kinda not funny.........while oprah dissed him she dissed herself and every other black person in america by implying that only black people live in the ghetto...
    I don't see it as a diss, she simply provided a college education for 500 african american males that came from the hood/ghetto. I don't see how she is implying that only black people live in the ghetto?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that guy alwalkdatalk looks like the only thing he put through school was the ? he took at a community college
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo no disrespect to anyone but a lot of people here seem to not know how money works. Money is a ? . for people saying if they had money they would put all their people on, do that, and you will be broke in 2 years, just look at people hitting the megamillions and all.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time" Confucius said these words more then 2400 years ago and its the truth. Giving a person an opportunity is more important then giving a person money.

While I'm working my way up to becoming a millionaire, which I will have a bunch of Ms in the five years cause the only thing holding me back is me, and all I do is push myself, I think of ways to give back, and some of those ways to give back that's always on my mind is to give people scholarships to go to school for business, and then giving them some money to invest when they get their degrees.

My aunt just got married, and she hates her job. At her wedding I gave her a thousand dollars and a note, on the note I told her to start looking for a good location to open open up a grocery store in 20 mile radius of her house, cause in March 2013, me and her gonna open up a grocery store together. I haven't told her I'm opening it up for her cause she would never accept it, so I said I needed her as a partner. I would rather invest 100gs in a business with her then give her a 100gs, cause a 100gs would get spent quick, but if the business is successful, she will have money for years to come.

I'm just trying to let y'all who are hustling to be successful know to pay for opportunities for the people you want to help rather then giving them cash.

With all that said, I see nothing wrong with what Oprah did. You can tell how intelligent she is from spending 50gs to put a person through college rather then give that person 50gs.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    They have money why shouldn't they just go to ghettos and help them"

Do y'all muthafuckas realize what you just described?

Batman

You ? are expecting the rich to turn into batman

Meanwhile the most prominent social activist were middle class at best

I can't
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    @haute

Lol. You fool for that one!!!!!!
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mr.Audigier216
    half chicks ? is ashy
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think what he meant was "Oprah, when are you going to give ME something that I can show off and impress other dudes with."
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Once again, who cares about the ghetto?

? helping people in the ghetto. What she needs to do is make sure her family is straight.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That fool embarrassed himself lol
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    @Mr.Audigier216
    half chicks ? is ashy

Her whole ? is ashy and its not even big

he put a flat ashy ass in his sig and thought he was doin big thangs
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Mr.Audigier216 got the worst sig of anybody on here lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Azad wrote: »
    Yo no disrespect to anyone but a lot of people here seem to not know how money works. Money is a ? . for people saying if they had money they would put all their people on, do that, and you will be broke in 2 years, just look at people hitting the megamillions and all.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time" Confucius said these words more then 2400 years ago and its the truth. Giving a person an opportunity is more important then giving a person money.

While I'm working my way up to becoming a millionaire, which I will have a bunch of Ms in the five years cause the only thing holding me back is me, and all I do is push myself, I think of ways to give back, and some of those ways to give back that's always on my mind is to give people scholarships to go to school for business, and then giving them some money to invest when they get their degrees.

My aunt just got married, and she hates her job. At her wedding I gave her a thousand dollars and a note, on the note I told her to start looking for a good location to open open up a grocery store in 20 mile radius of her house, cause in March 2013, me and her gonna open up a grocery store together. I haven't told her I'm opening it up for her cause she would never accept it, so I said I needed her as a partner. I would rather invest 100gs in a business with her then give her a 100gs, cause a 100gs would get spent quick, but if the business is successful, she will have money for years to come.

I'm just trying to let y'all who are hustling to be successful know to pay for opportunities for the people you want to help rather then giving them cash.

With all that said, I see nothing wrong with what Oprah did. You can tell how intelligent she is from spending 50gs to put a person through college rather then give that person 50gs.

The problem is that too many want a hand out simply for being from the hood. Not being the person who shows their working their ass off to get out the hood. I'm 100% of the school of thought that I don't help people who don't try to help themselves. So regardless if I have $1 to my name or $1 billion if all you're looking for is a handout you'll get nothing but the image of me walking away, because enabling is something I don't do and shouldn't be encouraged.

Help is also subjective as hell. Some help by giving money, some help simply by being there and their presence showing what can be done with hard work. Everybody has to help in their own way and part of the problem is people expect everyone to help in the same way. Truth be told, some folks are better off just cutting a check because they don't have the ability to be true leaders or know how to inspire. Some folks w/ the best of intentions can ? up by not knowing how to express the true sentiment behind what they're trying to do. Others are better at direct interaction with people.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    in reality oprah has given money. and broken a lot of barriers for blacks who aspire to be journalists, news casters, etc... she has multiple charitable organizations here in the state. and she is Morehouse College’s largest contributor... so she has done a lot

really more so than anything the poor and oppressed need better policy making as well as money. without the former its just more of oprah's money that will just be used to contribute to a system that perpetuates social and economic inequality...

instead of writing blank checks i would rather she and others would use their platform to talk and advocate about issues that effect the poor and middle class economically and socially instead of interviewing the kardashians or dr oz ....? liberals and progrssives need a koch brother that will fight for our interest....

but like somebody already stated she is not an activist or politician....*shrug*

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Perfect ud be surprised at the lengths i go to try and help people..

jus sayin..

but im done wit this thread..
    yall have at it..
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was lookin for a handout
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Give a ? about oprah
  • Lurker6
    Options
    @Perfect ud be surprised at the lengths i go to try and help people..

jus sayin..

but im done wit this thread..
    yall have at it..
    @bossboo ? u aint help me
  • CapitalB
    Options
    hahahahha what u need help wit!!? hahaha
  • Lurker6
    Options
    hahahahha what u need help wit!!? hahaha
    @bossboo
    need a new old whip make it happen 50
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you aint help me either.

I been waiting on my ? apprenticeship for a couple weeks now...I still havent recieved my application or any literature on the subject
  • CapitalB
    Options
    hahahahaha yall need to quit..
    @Kushington if it aint for u me tellin u aint go help u.. its go hurt u. lol

@Lurker6 i got a 74 Impala im thinkin bout sellin..
    does that help?? lol