The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We in this anotha'gain!!!! Lakers are nit to be ? with. Kobe vs LeBron final finally! Lets go...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lake Show, I'm in here this year b. We doin it.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Kobe should be the 3rd option for Lakers to win that title

kobe winnin another title as the #1 option gon make yo punk ass sick

• ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Kobe should be the 3rd option for Lakers to win that title

so howard will be the first option when he cant even hit freethrows?.............stop trolling
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Kobe still the number 1 option....kobe the best post player on the TEAM....mumo tell OKC they the 76ers of the 2000's...1 and done....never to be seen again. KD better up his milk a day ratio.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is easily a top 25 starting lineup in NBA history.

sike.. steve nash pushin 40, kobe on his last legs.. peace.... pau aint gettin no younger, and d-howard comin off back surgery..

? love how ? looks on paper..
  • P swayze166
    edited August 2012
    Options
    kobe never been no real sidekick....cmon son http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdhA41wgms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpArN4LbTI0&feature=related

BY THE WAY.....this was the last era when kobe, the greatest 1 on 1 player ever, was able to play 1 on on1....welll hello dwight pau and nash, kobe will get to do it again....lebron is the best sentiment go to BSPN phrase gonna go away with the quickness..kobe reclaiming the real crown AND the media crown.... #EARLY
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thunder gon be on early 2000's Sacramento Queens status.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options
    Happy birthday kobe bryant
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe and mike gone be smoking cigars talking ? about who is better in about 5 years...I wonder what bean will do after the league
  • Jdub87
    Options
    Kobe and mike gone be smoking cigars talking ? about who is better in about 5 years...I wonder what bean will do after the league

Prolly play ball overseas
  • Jdub87
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    when will dwight howard be back during the season?

he had a herniated disk surgery right?

usually it takes about a year to be 100% from that kind of surgery

Around december
  • Jdub87
    Options
    Jdub87 wrote: »
    when will dwight howard be back during the season?

he had a herniated disk surgery right?

usually it takes about a year to be 100% from that kind of surgery

Around december

hmmm.... interesting. Hopefully he comes back 100% because that injury is no joke. Do you think he will come back the same? Can you think of anyone with the same injury that came back better than before because i can't?

Scottie pippen had a similar injury after his rookie season and came back stronger the following season
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers winning the whole thing this year easy. Nash will run the offense, Howard will lead the defense, and Kobe will be aggressive on offense and probably lead the league in scoring.

Kobe's job will be to score and score only. People have to remember that he's a shooting guard, not a point guard or a point forward. He took it upon himself to play the Jordan-Pippen role in the previous years, but now that he has Nash he can play his natural position.

In brief, it's not his job to make sure everyone gets their touches. That's the point guard's job.

That all sounds like wishful thinking, i'm almost certain it will not work like that. Kobe leading the league in scoring? How many shots a game do you think it will take for him to do that. He was already at 23 last season and still didnt win the scoring title. He was taking 5 more shot attempts than Lebron and 4 more than KD.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even counting howard this is one of the best off seasons lakers had in years.
    If they play good in close games down the stretch they're going to be scary good (unlike last season giving away leads partly due to kobes jackin, bynums indifference and paus indecisivenes)
    Both have always been true, even when they were winning. Just because they have DH and Nash thats going to change?

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to get statue
    LOS ANGELES -- It has been 23 years since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar last played for the Los Angeles Lakers, but soon fans headed to Staples Center will see him every day.

The Lakers plan to ? a statue outside the arena to honor The Captain, the NBA's all-time leading scorer.

The Lakers plan to announce the date of the official unveiling of the statue in the near future, according to a league source.

While Abdul-Jabbar's on-court accomplishments were no-doubt stellar, racking up six championships and six MVPs during his 20-year career, his relationship with the Lakers had become strained in recent years. The team cut ties with Abdul-Jabbar as a special assistant following the 2010-11 season and the former 19-time All-Star also voiced his frustration at Jerry West receiving a statue before he did, after West's statue was unveiled during the 2011 NBA All-Star weekend in Los Angeles.

"I don't understand (it). It's either an oversight or they're taking me for granted," Abdul-Jabbar told The Sporting News at the time. "I'm not going to try to read people's minds, but it doesn't make me happy. It's definitely a slight. I feel slighted."

Shortly after Abdul-Jabbar's remarks to the magazine became public, Lakers spokesman John Black told The Sporting News that Abdul-Jabbar had been informed by the team that he would be the next player to receive a statue in his honor.

Later, in an interview with ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning," Abdul-Jabbar revealed that he had other gripes with the organization.

"When you look at what (owner Jerry Buss) did for Earvin (Johnson) and what he did for me, big disparity there," Abdul-Jabbar said. "I just think that it's a mindset that's taken over in the organization that I'm of minimal value to the organization and they're doing other things. ... They just don't seem to want to include me in the way they have included other people."

There are currently five statues outside of Staples Center, with three of them being Lakers-related in West, Magic Johnson and broadcaster Chick Hearn joining Wayne Gretzky and Oscar De La Hoya.

Bout time?
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'm literally the only Lakers fan on earth that's worried about Dwight's back.

oh you aint know? on paper, nobody's hurt, and everybody's still in their prime..
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'm literally the only Lakers fan on earth that's worried about Dwight's back.

Back of my mind.

Cant stress enough how important health is for this team.
  • Jdub87
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna be the most exciting season i ever seen. Cant wait..
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So they given my ? Kareem a statue in front of staples now...
  • P swayze166
    Options
    One of the great games by kobe
    bryant sick baseline dunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8g7_jlXN4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

some of those shots are just ridiculous.
  • Jdub87
    Options
    One of the great games by kobe
    bryant sick baseline dunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8g7_jlXN4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

some of those shots are just ridiculous.

Thats the greatness of kobe bryant
This discussion has been closed.