The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They look better than OKC on paper to me and I honestly think they will beat them in 6. That's if everyone stays healthy and remembers what got them in in that position.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdub87 wrote: »
    One of the great games by kobe
    bryant sick baseline dunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8g7_jlXN4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

some of those shots are just ridiculous.

Thats the greatness of kobe bryant

I was actually gonna go this game live but something came up....crowd was chanting mvp...boston crowd to a laker....it was crazy....was also gonna go to the MSG game when he dropped 61, but my boy bailed out last second so I said ? it....we watched it live and just hated ourselves silently...must of been the quietest room ever while a guy puts down one of the greatest performances in history

I have since learned to go with my gut on laker games....went to game 3 finals, fisher come back...skipped game 4, went to game 5 and witnessed kobe drop 21 str8 points or whatever it was....the crowd was in awe, str8 silence..dwayne wade on the sidelines watching right along...

damn Im gonna miss seeing guys like KG kobe nash duncan when they are done....I already miss shaq live, because until you see him live on the court u cant comprehend what you are seeing.....lebron isnt so much the hype is when u see him live, nor is durant, he just mad skinny....but rookie amare was scary live...funny how he has become less and less need to see live type guy....besides kobe, believe it or not, watching shawn marion live might be a close second...in his prime on the suns, ? that dude was a beast complete with trash talk all over the place.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ready to get my tickets to the second game of the season @ Portland on Halloween.

Season needs to hurry up and come.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    And it's about ? damn time the GOAT Kareem gets a statue. Maybe they hire him back with the team to work with Dwight but I'm not sure how repairable his relationship with Buss and them is.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq jersey to be retired on April 2nd vs the Mavs.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i thought religion or something was the the cause of Kareem not having a statue
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    They look better than OKC on paper to me and I honestly think they will beat them in 6. That's if everyone stays healthy and remembers what got them in in that position.

Lets see

big 4s

Durant >>>>>> Kobe
    Dwight>>>>>>> Ibaka
    Russ >>>>>>>> Gasol
    Harden >>>>>> Nash

PJ3 >>>>>>>> Artest
    Maynor >>>>>> Jamison

so how they beatin OKC when 3 lakers are on father time and 4 OKC enterin they prime?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • buttuh_b
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mumo didn't even know who Perry Jones was before draft night.

And how in the ? is Eric Maynor who averages 4 points a game better than Antawn Jamison who was a #1 option last year?

We not even gon talk about how he matched up random positions.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I wish Antawn Jamison remotely had defense cause I swear the only thing about Durant that makes him unguardable is his height. I actually feel good about being able to defend Westbrook now with Dwight in the middle.

Honestly, defense wasn't really the reason we lost to OKC last year, although it broke down in critical moments. Our offense was pretty terrible throughout the year last year so I hope the Nash addition as well as our bench and Eddie Jordan's offensive coordinator duties with the Princeton ? improves us, which I think it will. Mike Brown really needs to just hand that over.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lakers winning the whole thing this year easy. Nash will run the offense, Howard will lead the defense, and Kobe will be aggressive on offense and probably lead the league in scoring.

Kobe's job will be to score and score only. People have to remember that he's a shooting guard, not a point guard or a point forward. He took it upon himself to play the Jordan-Pippen role in the previous years, but now that he has Nash he can play his natural position.

In brief, it's not his job to make sure everyone gets their touches. That's the point guard's job.

That all sounds like wishful thinking, i'm almost certain it will not work like that. Kobe leading the league in scoring? How many shots a game do you think it will take for him to do that. He was already at 23 last season and still didnt win the scoring title. He was taking 5 more shot attempts than Lebron and 4 more than KD.

Last year Kobe was forced to take contested shots just to keep his team competitive. This year Kobe will (finally) be able to go 1v1 due to the addition of Nash and Howard. He hasn't had that luxury since the old Kobe and Shaq days.

Also, players like Chris Paul and Nash make everyone better by giving people the ball in their hotspots, so you already know Kobe's FG% is bound to skyrocket.

Basically, Kobe will finally be able to play his natural position and shoot, shoot, shoot. He will no longer have the responsibility of getting everyone involved.
    I think I'm literally the only Lakers fan on earth that's worried about Dwight's back.

Please, even without Dwight, the Lakers are still contenders. The Nash addition was enough tbh.

And we all know the season doesn't start until after all-star break, so all that worrying is premature until the season makes it to that point.
  • unspoken_respect
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »

Lets see

big 4s

Durant >>>>>> Kobe
    Dwight>>>>>>> Ibaka
    Russ >>>>>>>> Gasol
    Harden >>>>>> Nash

PJ3 >>>>>>>> Artest
    Maynor >>>>>> Jamison

so how they beatin OKC when 3 lakers are on father time and 4 OKC enterin they prime?

Honestly, I think OKC will be the same elite team they were last year. The thing is, the Lakers had them beat. They just let it slip away. Who's to say that Gasol won't comes back focused? By the way, they have Nash and Howard now. They look good on paper. I know they will make the playoffs. With the personal they have, I think jelling won't be a problem. By the time the playoffs come, the Lakers and OKC will be the top dogs in the West.

If the Lakers are playing their best and the Thunder are playing their best, I just see the Lakers winning that match up.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    You could slide Gasol up to the C, which he's done plenty of times before and have Tawn or Jordan Hill play the 4 but we definitely don't wanna lose Dwight. I don't think that would completely take us out of contention though. The Nash addition is huge.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Please, even without Dwight, the Lakers are still contenders. The Nash addition was enough tbh.

And we all know the season doesn't start until after all-star break, so all that worrying is premature until the season makes it to that point.

You're an idiot...the Nash addition would've helped them out a lot if nothing else happened but now they have D12...if he goes out so do the chances of winning. You saying Nash is enough with just Gasol at center (after D12 is out) is laughable at best.

Nash, Kobe, Artest, Hill, Gasol... with Jamison, Blake, Meeks etc. of the bench is still a very solid squad IMO. Especially if Gasol plays like the real Gasol, which he more than likely would since he would be the only scoring threat in the paint.

We would have a good chance of outwitting the Thunder, and we would match up well against the Heat. Every other team is easily beatable unless a severe injury takes place.

Also, it seems like you're forgetting how those squads that Kobe led to two rings were built. Kobe was easily the best player, Gasol was a distant 2nd, and everyone else was a role player (Odom with his inconsistency, Bynum was average and injury prone back then etc.).
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I'm still bitter cause I know we coulda beat the Thunder last year. Especially if Pau and Drew were playing the way they were supposed to. This year we improved a lot.
  • northside7
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I'm still bitter cause I know we coulda beat the Thunder last year. Especially if Pau and Drew were playing the way they were supposed to. This year we improved a lot.

Most def..
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Please, even without Dwight, the Lakers are still contenders.
    I don't know about that.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options

b-b-but... kobe was carried. right?

People tend to forget how nasty kobe was in his younger days he averaged over 30 points 6rb 7assist against the spurs when he was only 23
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

b-b-but... kobe was carried. right?

There's a good argument to be made that during the western conference playoffs the last 2 years of the3 peat that Kobe in fact carried shaq....his perimeter defense along with his playmaking and scoring...shaq still had numbers of course but majority of them were Kobe feeding him after driving the lane.....I remember webber and rasheed destroying the lakers inside (shaqs house) ...and we don't even have to bring up what Duncan did to the lakers along with Robinson, Kobe put the team on his back in all those lakers spurs series......but I noticed 99% of people on here never actually watched the full games, they are just espn sportscenter aficionados lol
  • northside7
    Options

Great drop. From 2001 onwards all I remember seeing was Kobe grinding and put up the numbers and taking over games when others couldn't.

It's ? hilarious the length some of these women in the cheap seats will go to discredit the man. These fools will try to have some people believing Kobe was a slouch and rode the bench during the Lakers championship run in the early 00s. On some Adam Morrison ish lol..
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Great drop. From 2001 onwards all I remember seeing was Kobe grinding and put up the numbers and taking over games when others couldn't.

It's ? hilarious the length some of these women in the cheap seats will go to discredit the man. These fools will try to have some people believing Kobe was a slouch and rode the bench during the Lakers championship run in the early 00s. On some Adam Morrison ish lol..

^^^^
This discussion has been closed.