The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    kacee139 wrote: »
    LOL at gasol and Bynum....he carried them ? ....he aint played 5 games wit Howard & Nash......Shaq is the only ? on his level and they was equal partners after 2000

He carried them, what was the Lakers record prior to the trade for Gasol. The only reason why Kobe has two more rings is because of the size they had up front with Bynum and Gasol, especially that win over the Celtics.

odom, ariza and fisher*09* were more of a factor in the lakers back to back final wins than bynum. the bynum of last season was not the bynum of those finals appearances
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Long ass season to go. Don't be fooled by the first 10 games. Lakers should have never hired Brown as they realize now. I doubt Phil come back but they should go for Shaw and they need a damn backup pg. Blake ain't gonna work because Nash will be injured on and off.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's no coincidence out of those 5 rings Kobe has, he only has 2 finals mvp and we all know Gasol should have one of those.

17 years and only 1 league mvp, goes to show you this dude can't lead only bandwagon.

Ask Tony Allen...That wasn't Gasol droppin 40 on the celts in boston, I believe that was Kobe who also had more rebounds in game seven than the Bigs that you say he wouldna been ? without.

As far as the Bolded This point crashed and burned when Kobe was the MVP of the finals vs the Magic as recently as 09 and followed up the year later. ? please!

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No team has ever started 1-4 in nba history and won the title

The best team in l.a. Clip set vs heat finals will be epic

Didn't the 1991 Chicago bulls start 1-4????
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's no coincidence out of those 5 rings Kobe has, he only has 2 finals mvp and we all know Gasol should have one of those.

17 years and only 1 league mvp, goes to show you this dude can't lead only bandwagon.

Yup such a Negative accomplishment ...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

No.Did you not see me say NO Team ever started 1-4 and won the title dumb fucc?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy thing is... 1-4 is not even close to bad enough to warrant a personnel change. Wtf its an 82 game season. 5 games tho?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Yup such a Negative accomplishment ...

What do you expect from usmarin3...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/09/report-dwight-howard-wants-phil-jackson-as-lakers-coach/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dwight want phil jackson as coach.The lakers better cater to this vick or he gonna be in dallas next year

They better run that triangle 25% of the time or somethin if they bring phil bacc
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Crazy thing is... 1-4 is not even close to bad enough to warrant a personnel change. Wtf its an 82 game season. 5 games tho?

They weren't even showing signs in Pre-season of coming 2gether at all , and plus the players never wanted Mike Brown in the First place
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They scapegoated the ? outta Mike Brown...
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lakers should really go after Jerry salon but I knew this would happen
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean the Princeton offense did not work for Princeton lol it aint gonna work elsewhere but at the end of the day players play the game
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Naw man the Lakers b/c of their history are held to a higher standard 1-4 is one of the worst starts in Laker history. This hasn't been just going on this season Lakers players never really were in tune with Mike Brown since last year u had training camp to workout kinks
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess you can't blame the players (some of the best in the world?) for not being able to run an offense that calls for intelligence and passing.Kobe led them with 3 assists against Utah lol!!!!!

Let's call it what it is lakers legs are too old for D'antoni's run and gun game,They complaining about offense now
    Lakers D under dantoni.

Who_Shot_Mr_Burns.gif

Better go with Phil but that will render Nash pretty much useless!Well don't know or care a new coach ain't gon Make them faster and younger!It's not going to make them shoot better 4-23 from 3 against utah.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

No.Did you not see me say NO Team ever started 1-4 and won the title dumb fucc?

My mistake but I guess lakers are gonna make history this year when they win title ? ass ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So Lebron took Moe Williams, Verajo, and some bums to 60 plus wins numerous seasons with Mike Brown, but Kobe can't win with D Howard, Gasol, Nash,etc. smh

The ? irony!

The Lakers are 1-4, and the season is 82 games long. That means the Lakers could have potentially went 78-4 (under Brown)

Mike Brown was in his 4th year in his contract with the Cavs when he first reached 60 wins, he was on his 2nd year with the Lakers, when he was fired.

Another thing to note is the roster's are nothing alike, and as we all know team chemistry matters. Not to mention, Nash hasn't played in a lot of the games due to injury, Dwight Howard is still getting his legs back. and Kobe's foot is still bothering him.

Another fun fact: Kobe is in his 17th year in the league and you're comparing him to a Lebron in his 5th and 6th year, not to mention that they play NOTHING alike.

And the most important fact, both of those Lebron 60 plus teams never won a title (they lost in the 3rd and 2nd round), so all in all it amounted to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

P.S. So none of these things crossed your mind before you made that ridiculous comment?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    us marine does know Shaq O'Neal aka most dominant force since Wilt only has 1 league MVP right?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    91 bulls was 0-3 wit Mike hogging as usual then Phil and Scottie reigned him in after that
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    91 bulls was 0-3 wit Mike hogging as usual then Phil and Scottie reigned him in after that

The Bulls were in the ECF year b4 so they had room for improvement
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The way he grilled Coach convinced me that Kobe got him fired...
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew this would happen when Kobe said this was still his team
This discussion has been closed.