The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Sloan ppl Phil is too tired to deal with that fiasco

Man all that talent that cat has had and never won a Ring ..

the jordan rules bro
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    If Phil wants the job it's his to lose.

As for Mike Brown, these players simply had no confidence in his coaching & system. When that happens u get less than max effort from ur players & less than stellar results. Although its only 5 games its widespread belief that the Princeton offense just did not fit the personnel. I believe the players felt that way & the only one w/ enough clout to say it was Kobe, but his past experiences have taught him that sometimes speaking his mind isn't worth the media circus. That left it to the front office. The organization as a whole has too much riding on this season to fail. Dwight is their post Kobe insurance plan & anything less than a trip to the Finals severely damages their chances to resign D12. Mike Brown simply wasn't going to get them there.

Goat post
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

'97 and '98 Bulls team were probably the greatest dynasty ever created LMAO of course he couldnt win and that team wasnt stacked he had GOATS Malone and Stockton but Greg Ostertag was their starting center. he took Dwill and ? to the Western Conference Finals as well he is a legimate coach and one of the best
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

'97 and '98 Bulls team were probably the greatest dynasty ever created LMAO of course he couldnt win and that team wasnt stacked he had GOATS Malone and Stockton but Greg Ostertag was their starting center. he took Dwill and ? to the Western Conference Finals as well he is a legimate coach and one of the best

That dude coached Utah for 20 years man he shoulda won at least 1

• ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like Utah ever been a great destination for free agents their best FA was Carlos ? majority of Utah Stars came from the draft Jerry Sloan is a great coach but the best players he ever had to go against MJ and the Bulls and everybody lost against that dynasty
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options

Like Utah ever been a great destination for free agents their best FA was Carlos ? majority of Utah Stars came from the draft Jerry Sloan is a great coach but the best players he ever had to go against MJ and the Bulls and everybody lost against that dynasty

im not saying he's a wack Coach but to say him over Phil? when one doesn't have any rings?
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Phil comes back and its a ? wrap in 2k...... triangle offense all day...lakers might start blowing out teams by 30 on the regular....and watch how the same bench players that everybody keep blaming for the lakers mishaps look like a beast under triangle
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Phil is coming back but Nash out another week.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    Options

According to Chris Broussard and his sources Phil and the Lakers are very close to a deal.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    rakim ii wrote: »

According to Chris Broussard and his sources Phil and the Lakers are very close to a deal.

LOL
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Phil has already contacted some of his old asst coaches, according to sources- Chris Broussard
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options

According to Chris Broussard and The Cheap Seats Phil and the Lakers are very close to a deal.

Fixed
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

MSOURCES.jpg

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A dream scenario would be Phil getting the job. bringing Shaw back and letting him handle some of the less important road games and then letting him take over in 2 yrs. Unfortunately I dont know if Shaw is open to coming back after they tossed him to the side last time
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id rather we hired shaw right now and bring phil in on some consultant ? . or let shaw handle the away games since phil hate travelling now
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    A dream scenario would be Phil getting the job. bringing Shaw back and letting him handle some of the less important road games and then letting him take over in 2 yrs. Unfortunately I dont know if Shaw is open to coming back after they tossed him to the side last time

I read in the last 2 jobs Phil has interviewed for (Portland and another team i don't remember), he has tried to setup something like that. They said he is really trying to keep the Triangle Legacy of Tex Winters in place in the NBA by passing it on to his Coach in Waiting (Most likely Brian Shaw)

This is what is most likely holding up negotiations now.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Problem I have with this entire scenario is Kobe and them straight disrespecting the man the last go round. Phil would be talking and they were giving him that Mike Brown/Eric Spoelstra treatment (walking off while he's talking, ignoring him, talking over him, etc).

If he comes back and they don't start peeling off W's, is the same ? going to happen? Like Kobe said about the critics, he has to realize winning isn't automatic. Phil taking the job doesn't equal a trip to the finals.

Time will tell.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id rather we hired shaw right now and bring phil in on some consultant ? . or let shaw handle the away games since phil hate travelling now

Phil not traveling isn't good for the team. I know for a fact there will be times when the Lakers are on the road and they will need Phil running the right plays and doing what he does best.

All in all, its a win win situation either way..
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Phil not traveling isn't good for the team. I know for a fact there will be times when the Lakers are on the road and they will need Phil running the right plays and doing what he does best.

how you gonna be a coach and NOT be able to travel on the road....this is a recipe for failure
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

playoffs too?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

playoffs too?

I am sure lakers will have it in their contract that he gotta travel in the playoffs (but for the regular season games...they will let him be off as he chooses).... Game 7 western conf finals on the road...i would take phil jackson over brian shaw.....lol
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers looking real good...they have enough talent to roll the ball out there and just go....dwight is a problem....I could only imagine how much more of a blowout this would of been with nash out there.
This discussion has been closed.