-The official 2014-2015 NFL season thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iont even think EJ Manuel is dat good i wasn't even dat fond of him in college but they pulled him WAY too quickly compared to ova ? juice QB's hes only played 14 games dats way too quick of a hook
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw ej manuel numbers against 5 man rush is like 2.8 %
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    cobbland wrote: »
    black-quarterbacks-nfl.jpg?w=650

The 2013 season opener had 9 black QBs as starters.

As of October 3rd 2014:
    two are still starters (Colin Kaepernick with the 49ers, and Russell Wilson with Seattle)
    two are out the league (Josh Freeman and Terrelle Pryor)
    two are now on the same team (Michael Vick and Geno Smith with the Jets)
    one has been benched in favor of "veteran QB Kyle Orton" (EJ Manuel in Buffalo)
    one is out indefinitely (RG3 in Washington)
    one is currently dealing with multiple injuries (Cam Newton in Carolina)

SMH.

Hopefully Teddy Bridgewater is the "future" for the Vikings.

To be fair josh freeman got way more opportunities than he should have

Dude won 10 one season and balled.

1 season he was horrible after that and to go along with that he supposedly was lazy. Y'all acting like RG3, Freeman, and Pryor were unjustly benched or cut. The guys got benched cause they played like ? , y'all bring up Cassell and alex and them but they were benched throughout their careers, alex got benched for ? JT Osullivan and Shaun Hill at various points in his playing days.

Out of the QBs listed above the only qbs that should be starting are.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got kc winning Sunday
    don't quote me tho
    Alex the gawd coming home
  • txboi_09
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    I got kc winning Sunday
    don't quote me tho
    Alex the gawd coming home

I'm hoping the D that showed up against the eagles shows up against KC this weekend. But I just never know this year our team has been too dam inconsistent.
  • txboi_09
    Options
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    cobbland wrote: »
    black-quarterbacks-nfl.jpg?w=650

The 2013 season opener had 9 black QBs as starters.

As of October 3rd 2014:
    two are still starters (Colin Kaepernick with the 49ers, and Russell Wilson with Seattle)
    two are out the league (Josh Freeman and Terrelle Pryor)
    two are now on the same team (Michael Vick and Geno Smith with the Jets)
    one has been benched in favor of "veteran QB Kyle Orton" (EJ Manuel in Buffalo)
    one is out indefinitely (RG3 in Washington)
    one is currently dealing with multiple injuries (Cam Newton in Carolina)

SMH.

Hopefully Teddy Bridgewater is the "future" for the Vikings.

To be fair josh freeman got way more opportunities than he should have

Dude won 10 one season and balled.

1 season he was horrible after that and to go along with that he supposedly was lazy. Y'all acting like RG3, Freeman, and Pryor were unjustly benched or cut. The guys got benched cause they played like ? , y'all bring up Cassell and alex and them but they were benched throughout their careers, alex got benched for ? JT Osullivan and Shaun Hill at various points in his playing days.

Out of the QBs listed above the only qbs that should be starting are.

He was middle of the pack in just about every statistical catagory coming off injury.

Media love pushing he played horrible but in actuality it was just definition of average.

If his name was Jay Mitchell, no nickname and he rocked a bowl cut. They would just let him live.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

What's the over/under of positive tests?

Only the stupid players will get caught. HGH testing isn't like steroid testing. Everybody has a certain natural level of HGH in their system, so first they have to do baseline testing to find out what the individual player's "normal" level is. Then you compare that to subsequent tests to see if the level has changed. So naturally, the trick is to make sure you are taking the ideal level of HGH when the baseline test is done, and just maintain that elevated level as best as you can in the future.
  • O.G.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

What's the over/under of positive tests?

Only the stupid players will get caught. HGH testing isn't like steroid testing. Everybody has a certain natural level of HGH in their system, so first they have to do baseline testing to find out what the individual player's "normal" level is. Then you compare that to subsequent tests to see if the level has changed. So naturally, the trick is to make sure you are taking the ideal level of HGH when the baseline test is done, and just maintain that elevated level as best as you can in the future.

We're talking about athletes here. Stupid is to be expected with a lot of them.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think QB's in general don't get long to prove and develope themselves. Of course it's special cases but look at all these dif QB's of all races that washed out or got put in 2nd or 3rd string.

Colt McCoy
    Brady Quinn
    Brandon Weeden
    Christian Ponder
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Matt Flynn
    Josh Freeman

Out of everybody on that list it's a damn shame Freeman not on anybody roster.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I think QB's in general don't get long to prove and develope themselves. Of course it's special cases but look at all these dif QB's of all races that washed out or got put in 2nd or 3rd string.

Colt McCoy
    Brady Quinn
    Brandon Weeden
    Christian Ponder
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen
    Matt Flynn
    Josh Freeman

Out of everybody on that list it's a damn shame Freeman not on anybody roster.

That fat ? didn't wanna be great
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Freeman got his chances. He just sucked after one good year.

I'm mad T. Pryor ain't in the league no more. He didn't get but like 8-10 games. This makes me happy the Raiders are not worth the smog they play around.

Geno's not bad, but he gotta stop doing dumb ? , although that dumb ? Marty Morningweg ain't doing him any favors.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was that poster's name they claimed freeman had next?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    What was that poster's name they claimed freeman had next?

Mumo
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol What did happen to Mumo?
    I remember him making a Bismack Biyombo thread too.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Lol What did happen to Mumo?
    I remember him making a Bismack Biyombo thread too.

Ebola happened
  • O.G.
    Options
    @The Iconoclast

Talk to em.
  • txboi_09
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

I'm mad T. Pryor ain't in the league no more. He didn't get but like 8-10 games. This makes me happy the Raiders are not worth the smog they play around.

Geno's not bad, but he gotta stop doing dumb ? , although that dumb ? Marty Morningweg ain't doing him any favors.

Fam, let's be honest. Pryor was an over-hyped ? with the accuracy of blind kid with Parkinsons - so basically he was just a tad more accurate than Tebow. Do you know how much of a complete and utter failure you have to be to completely waste a 6-6 235 body with a cannon arm, 4.38 speed and 37 inch vertical jump.

Unfortunately a ton of these 6-5+ black QBs are flopping because they'd relied so much on their athleticism or physical attributes and these ? ass simpled-minded ? refused to properly develop the mental and technical aspect of the QB position - due to coaches coddling them and being too enamored with their natural physical gifts.

Vince Young 6-5 230
    Jamarcus Russell 6-6 265
    Jason Campbell 6-5 225
    Terrelle Pyror 6'6 235
    Josh Freeman 6-6 240
    EJ Manuel 6-5 240
    Logan Thomas 6-6 250
    and soon to be Jameis Winston's ? ass.

The fact that logan thomas got drafted shows that if u got the size arm strength and potential u will get a shot by some team. These dudes just ? it all away. No reason why you should be so ? fat and u a pro athlete.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

Fam, let's be honest. Pryor was an over-hyped ? with the accuracy of blind kid with Parkinsons - so basically he was just a tad more accurate than Tebow. Do you know how much of a complete and utter failure you have to be to completely waste a 6-6 235 body with a cannon arm, 4.38 speed and 37 inch vertical jump.

Unfortunately a ton of these 6-5+ black QBs are flopping because they'd relied so much on their athleticism or physical attributes and these ? ass simpled-minded ? refused to properly develop the mental and technical aspect of the QB position - due to coaches coddling them and being too enamored with their natural physical gifts.

Vince Young 6-5 230
    Jamarcus Russell 6-6 265
    Jason Campbell 6-5 225
    Terrelle Pyror 6'6 235
    Josh Freeman 6-6 240
    EJ Manuel 6-5 240
    Logan Thomas 6-6 250
    and soon to be Jameis Winston's ? ass.

You can't lump Vince in the same pile as the rest of those QBs. He was out here putting together winning seasons, saving coaches jobs and making the playoffs......Even won ROY and made a pro bowl all while his coach never wanted him. Granted he did bring a lot of ? on himself and made some bad decisions he still never got a legit chance to start again.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i would have rather watched fat hairy guys do yoga than that TNF game.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jameis doesn't have exceptional athletic talents from what I've seen. He's kinda slow.

Didn't realize EJ Manuel was that big.