-The official 2014-2015 NFL season thread

Options

Comments

• txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Jameis doesn't have exceptional athletic talents from what I've seen. He's kinda slow.

Didn't realize EJ Manuel was that big.

Me either, he doesnt play like hes that big
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    HustleTX wrote: »
    I think Romo will have a big day Sunday. Down to our 3rd slot corner, and he's a rookie. Might get late early for the squad.

I smell two picks by Romo in first half. Which sets up a close fourth quarter. Usually when romo ? up they just kept throwing the ? .

but now they still running even when behind by more than ten. And Watt gonna have hell with that O line we got now

Nobody can block watt bruh.

867057948.gif?1412013783
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't agree with Jason Campbell. If anyone got screwed around the league, it was him. He had serious promise. The problem was, most of his prime was in DC, where offensive coordinators were getting fired literally EVERY year. How the ? can you be successful, if your first six years in league, you have to learn six new systems?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    cobbland wrote: »
    black-quarterbacks-nfl.jpg?w=650

The 2013 season opener had 9 black QBs as starters.

As of October 3rd 2014:
    two are still starters (Colin Kaepernick with the 49ers, and Russell Wilson with Seattle)
    two are out the league (Josh Freeman and Terrelle Pryor)
    two are now on the same team (Michael Vick and Geno Smith with the Jets)
    one has been benched in favor of "veteran QB Kyle Orton" (EJ Manuel in Buffalo)
    one is out indefinitely (RG3 in Washington)
    one is currently dealing with multiple injuries (Cam Newton in Carolina)

SMH.

Hopefully Teddy Bridgewater is the "future" for the Vikings.

To be fair josh freeman got way more opportunities than he should have

Freeman was 24-36 as a starter through 60 games (59 in Tampa and one in Minnesota).

For comparison sake, Matthew Stafford is currently 27-38 as a starter through 65 games in Detroit, and he has played with much more talent on offense.

Despite starting only 4 games prior to this season, Drew Stanton (current Cardinals starter) is still in the league (and he was a second round pick in 2008 for the Lions).

This list is worth browsing through:

Players drafted between 1936 and 2013, played QB, between the 1st and 30th round

Matt Cassell was drafted despite throwing only 33 passes in college (with 20 completions, no touchdowns, and 1 interception).
    33 pass attempts in 4 years, and he was drafted in the 7th round.

Not always the case.

in fact your logic is flawed because Stafford came to a team that was completely void of talent after a 0-16 season. And there is a Tampa Bay fan here that will tell you Josh Freeman was terrible.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the season is 25% over. What are your teams looking like? What needs to be improved? Are you optimistic, etc.

Basically, your quarter season review.

I'll give mine later.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the season is 25% over. What are your teams looking like? What needs to be improved? Are you optimistic, etc.

I'll give mine later.

The Bengals are unstoppable. That's my review
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give mine later.

West Coast offense is great as expected.Running game better than expected.Need other receivers to step up and the defense to play better.They will only get better as a team.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give mine later.

Said Steelers was a 10-6 team this year. WRONG!

6-10 is more like it.

Defense is softer than old people ? .

Penalties are on some Raiders post Gruden type level.

Thought soft schedule would carry us this year but when you can't beat Tampa at home, a soft schedule doesn't matter.

Tomlin is gonna get his ass fired this year. (and I don't even care)
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

I'll give mine later.

6-10 is more like it.

Thought soft schedule would carry us this year but when you can't beat Tampa at home, a soft schedule doesn't matter.

If we go 6-10 he will definitely be in the hot seat....but i dont see us going 6-10
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give mine later.

6-10 is more like it.

If we go 6-10 he will definitely be in the hot seat....but i dont see us going 6-10

Just being pessimistic about the record. I honestly believe if Tomlin does not win a playoff game, he and the entire staff are outta there. Ben too. No need to give him a contract extension if you are now in rebuild mode.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Son vince young took a loan out with 80 percent interest. No more caping for his stupid ass

please tell me you are exaggerating I know he can't be that stupid
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Campbell wasn't no great athlete.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

I'll give mine later.

The Bengals are unstoppable. That's my review

Not in the playoffs

I didn't know the playoffs started yet
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give mine later.

6-10 is more like it.

Just being pessimistic about the record. I honestly believe if Tomlin does not win a playoff game, he and the entire staff are outta there. Ben too. No need to give him a contract extension if you are now in rebuild mode.

6-10 is super pessimistic breh

Keep in mind we have 3 starters on defense injured

Offense is good

Still a lot of ball to be played

I still think we can get 10 wins

Just gotta stay healthy
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raiders might win 3 games this season and I'm being generous
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raiders might win 3 games this season and I'm being generous

One of those 3 being on the bye

Well nah bye wins
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Son vince young took a loan out with 80 percent interest. No more caping for his stupid ass

had to look this ? up to see if it was true. the loan had 20% interest
    Vince claimed his agent and financial advisor took out the loan in his name....but also admitted he "probably" signed off on it

? is hilarious and sad at the same time
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give mine later.

Last two games the defense got some turnovers and Rodgers has 12 tds and 1int 3-2 we should have been able to beat the lions with the turnovers we had
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lions offense needs to be more consistent, Stafford in particular. Gotta stop locking in on Megatron.

Run game needs to get going early, but we've been dinged up on the oline.

Austin is doing a great job with the Defense.

On another note, I refuse to believe that the city of St.Louis will let the Rams go back to LA.

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll give mine later.

West Coast offense is great as expected.Running game better than expected.Need other receivers to step up and the defense to play better.They will only get better as a team.

This CJ mosley has delivered so far. Also id like for us to give Marlon Brown more looks at receiver his hands nd route runnin ? on jacoby
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants surprised me....After the first 2 weeks I was ? thinking lottery . The defense has been cool offense picking up the system. still gotta see it v the good teams
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't say I'm surprised at our 1-3 start. We've been in the games that we lost just poor decisions and some bad calls. We still have no offense and our secondary stinks. It's clear idzik wants Rex gone cuz he isn't giving him any talent to win. My guess the both get fired at the end of the season and we probably have a top 5 pick