-The official 2014-2015 NFL season thread

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WR Kenbrell Thompkins waived by Pats

Thompkins started in the season opener this year, but was inactive for two of the last three games as he was passed on the depth chart by five-year veteran Brandon LaFell. Thompkins totaled six catches for 53 yards in 85 offensive snaps this season (including penalties), and he doesn't play on special teams.

They also didn't activate Brandon Browner for the Bengals game. I think they have until Monday to do so.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    So the season is 25% over. What are your teams looking like? What needs to be improved? Are you optimistic, etc.

Basically, your quarter season review.

I'll give mine later.

Said Steelers was a 10-6 team this year. WRONG!

6-10 is more like it.

Defense is softer than old people ? .

Penalties are on some Raiders post Gruden type level.

Thought soft schedule would carry us this year but when you can't beat Tampa at home, a soft schedule doesn't matter.

Tomlin is gonna get his ass fired this year. (and I don't even care)

If we go 6-10 he will definitely be in the hot seat....but i dont see us going 6-10

Just being pessimistic about the record. I honestly believe if Tomlin does not win a playoff game, he and the entire staff are outta there. Ben too. No need to give him a contract extension if you are now in rebuild mode.

6-10 is super pessimistic breh

Keep in mind we have 3 starters on defense injured

Offense is good

Still a lot of ball to be played

I still think we can get 10 wins

Just gotta stay healthy

When those 3 starters were healthy (Browns,Ratbirds & Panthers) They wasn't exactly shuttin ? down. I don't really count the Panthers game bcuz Newton was playing hurt and they didn't have their best RB. With Cincy already up 2 games and Ratbirds already beating us, 10-6 might not be enough anyways. Still got a lot of season left but we will be playing catch up all year. keep in mind that our bye week is not until week 12. After the bye is our toughest part of the schedule imo.

At home vs Saints-
    Their offense can be a problem, They struggle on the road and weather might be an issue but it's still Brees.

At Bengals- Another good offense and their defense is very solid.

At Falcons- Could be a shoot out. Do you really trust our defense vs Julio & Roddy?

At home vs Chiefs- KC always plays us tough. Their defense always puts pressure on Ben.

At home vs Bengals- Last game of the season. Bengals might be resting starters or fighting for the division title with the Ratbirds.

With all that typed. Let's say the Steelers somehow make it in the 'offs. If Tomlin and staff do not win a game, they gotta go.

Sincerely,
    Pessimistic Person
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmmm.....

There's two cracks in the armor in Eagle land: the O line and the secondary.

The O line needs Sensu beans like, yesterday. They're the cornerstone to this whole ? . Go Faster can't work with us shuffling guys in and out.

Secondary is weak as ? , but they make a play or two that helps out. Wish they'd be better at getting off the field, tho.

I need Nicki Free to get as accurate as he was last season, and Shady to stop dancing so much, then we'd be in business.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly how I figured it would go in Texans land. Average offense, above average defense. Fitzpatrick is what I thought he was. Didn't know he was as tough as he was so props for that. Deandre Hopkins emerging as the number 1 receiver on the team. Cushing rounding back into form now so we might get a little bit better defensively. Oh and clowney should be back for the Steelers game in a few weeks. I think we need to work our TEs into the game plan way more. 2 big games coming up with the Cowboys tomorrow and the Colts down here Thursday night. If we can split those 2 I'll feel better about us potentially making a run at a wild card spot.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    WR Kenbrell Thompkins waived by Pats

Thompkins started in the season opener this year, but was inactive for two of the last three games as he was passed on the depth chart by five-year veteran Brandon LaFell. Thompkins totaled six catches for 53 yards in 85 offensive snaps this season (including penalties), and he doesn't play on special teams.

They also didn't activate Brandon Browner for the Bengals game. I think they have until Monday to do so.

Damn I thought they liked him. Heard a lot of good things going back to his rookie year. But this is the same team that cut a WR the night before the SB to make room for a guy that wound up not even playing in the game.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    20141004_texansfans_kaw_019.jpg

Dallas we outchea
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HustleTX wrote: »
    Exactly how I figured it would go in Texans land. Average offense, above average defense. Fitzpatrick is what I thought he was. Didn't know he was as tough as he was so props for that. Deandre Hopkins emerging as the number 1 receiver on the team. Cushing rounding back into form now so we might get a little bit better defensively. Oh and clowney should be back for the Steelers game in a few weeks. I think we need to work our TEs into the game plan way more. 2 big games coming up with the Cowboys tomorrow and the Colts down here Thursday night. If we can split those 2 I'll feel better about us potentially making a run at a wild card spot.

To me Fitzpatrick is Schaub 2.0, a very mediocre QB. That usually is very evident when our run game doesn't show up.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    So the season is 25% over. What are your teams looking like? What needs to be improved? Are you optimistic, etc.

I'll give mine later.

West Coast offense is great as expected.Running game better than expected.Need other receivers to step up and the defense to play better.They will only get better as a team.

This CJ mosley has delivered so far. Also id like for us to give Marlon Brown more looks at receiver his hands nd route runnin ? on jacoby

Marlon needs more touches.he might be a legit number two and actually catch passes instead of just drawing flags like Smith.LOL@ leading the league in flag drawing,but not producing on the field.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The west coast offense system.. is really helping Eli and the giants offense.. Eli getting rid of the ball quick in less than 2 sec..instead of holding that ? for a sack. Like when Eli try to force them long bomb home run ? . The purpose of the West coast offense.. Short quick passes stretch out the defense, thus opening up options for longer running plays and longer passes that can achieve greater gains.. Hence our RB game is looking good finally.. Jennings been killing. Beast. Also look like we got a ? TE weapon now in Donnell. Even Cruz and Randle doing good.. They need to learn how to hold the gotdamn ball though..

and Honestly I like what I am seeing.. Even the O line doing they thang. Tomorrow our other LSU product is coming on the field Beckham WR.. Let see how he does. ? got crazy speed.

Defense.. looking good as usually except at the fact we got a respectable Secondary now. Rollie and Prince doing they ? thing. PP killing ? as usual and tomorrow's game we may get back Beason ? beast. and the fact that how bad Falcons O line is.. Giants defense is not to underestimated them.. them ? still got fire power on offense.. Rollie and Prince..gotta be on their game.

But overall I still got to see more against good teams. They got the eagles on the 12 and then the cowboys on the 19. then the bye week
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

I'll give mine later.

The Bengals are unstoppable. That's my review

Not in the playoffs

I didn't know the playoffs started yet

When it does I expect another first round exit by the Bungals.Just like the past 3 years.

Wait a minute.Y'all ain't won a playoff game since Boomer.Damn,wasn't that back when people still played cassette tapes and VHS? My ? I think I was a Ninja Turtle or Spiderman that year for Halloween.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    OhMars wrote: »

To me Fitzpatrick is Schaub 2.0, a very mediocre QB. That usually is very evident when our run game doesn't show up.

Another Texans fan? Well alright....

Anyway the biggest difference between schaub and Fitzpatrick is Fitz is way more mobile than schaub has ever been. I've seen him in games this year pick up first downs on 3 & 11/12/13 with his legs. Schaub was about as fast as a turtle in molasses. Plus every time Schaub dropped back I thought it was gonna get picked off. I don't think like that with Fitzpatrick.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dallas we outchea

Hell it was 50 people from my job alone who went up there...not even counting the family members who went with em it'll prolly be more texans fans at the game than cowboys fans for sure.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dallas we outchea

Muthafuckas be juiced for cowboys week ... Lmao ...it's like the whole season riding on one game
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OhMars wrote: »

Another Texans fan? Well alright....

Anyway the biggest difference between schaub and Fitzpatrick is Fitz is way more mobile than schaub has ever been. I've seen him in games this year pick up first downs on 3 & 11/12/13 with his legs. Schaub was about as fast as a turtle in molasses. Plus every time Schaub dropped back I thought it was gonna get picked off. I don't think like that with Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, Schaub had Manning mobility with JaMarcus Russell skill level. He's definitely a much more solid QB but I still think we need to be actively seeking his replacement. He's not long term to me
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HGH testing starts Monday

Posted by Mike Florio
    Lost in the turmoil of the last four weeks, BLOOD TESTING finally has arrived in the NFL. HGH screening commences on Monday, according to Albert Breer of NFL Media.

Per Breer, NFLPA president Eric Winston alerted players to the details in a recent letter.

“Each week of the season, 5 players on 8 teams will be tested,” Winston wrote. “No testing will occur on game days. We negotiated to ensure that the methodology of testing be conducted in the most professional and safest manner for players. Importantly, after three years of negotiating, players won the right to challenge any aspect of the science behind the HGH isoforms test in an appeal of a positive test.”

The players also won the ability to appeal any positive tests to an independent arbitrator, a significant reduction in the powers previously possessed by the Commissioner. Under the new PED and substance-abuse policies, all positive tests will be resolved via neutral arbitration.

For years, various estimates have emerged regarding the percentage of players who use HGH. If any still do, there’s now a much greater chance they’ll be caught.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dallas we outchea

Don't catch that stuff
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Freeman got his chances. He just sucked after one good year.

I'm mad T. Pryor ain't in the league no more. He didn't get but like 8-10 games. This makes me happy the Raiders are not worth the smog they play around.

Geno's not bad, but he gotta stop doing dumb ? , although that dumb ? Marty Morningweg ain't doing him any favors.

Fam, let's be honest. Pryor was an over-hyped ? with the accuracy of blind kid with Parkinsons - so basically he was just a tad more accurate than Tebow. Do you know how much of a complete and utter failure you have to be to completely waste a 6-6 235 body with a cannon arm, 4.38 speed and 37 inch vertical jump.

Unfortunately a ton of these 6-5+ black QBs are flopping because they'd relied so much on their athleticism or physical attributes and these ? ass simpled-minded ? refused to properly develop the mental and technical aspect of the QB position - due to coaches coddling them and being too enamored with their natural physical gifts.

Vince Young 6-5 230
    Jamarcus Russell 6-6 265
    Jason Campbell 6-5 225
    Terrelle Pyror 6'6 235
    Josh Freeman 6-6 240
    EJ Manuel 6-5 240
    Logan Thomas 6-6 250
    and soon to be Jameis Winston's ? ass.

You can't lump Vince in the same pile as the rest of those QBs. He was out here putting together winning seasons, saving coaches jobs and making the playoffs......Even won ROY and made a pro bowl all while his coach never wanted him. Granted he did bring a lot of ? on himself and made some bad decisions he still never got a legit chance to start again.

I even witnessed a grown man almost fight another guy because he said vy was overrated. Lol.
    Vy might have had more male groupies than females. Lol

Sad part is those same people are nowhere around for him now.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna miss da game cuz of pissy ass work ima still trt to check for it tho
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Bears ain't winning no more than 11 games
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

damn 11 games ain't good enough anymore?
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? please
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We better win.