• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    shouts to A.I
    he played with alot of heart, one of the best scorers ever
    but SCUST 2 the zeke hate in this thread
    Do ya realize only one player beat Magic, Bird, and MJ while each was in their prime???? thats right. ISAIAH THOMAS. the GOAT lil man......he neck n neck wit Magic as best PG IMO

Detroit Pistons Bad Boys are my favorite and the greatest squad of all times.

Bulls, Lakers and Celtics fan hate them because they took championships from they ? , Bird would have about 5, Magic about 7, Jordan about 7 if it wasn't for The Bad Boys.

Zeke 2nd greatest point guard of all times, and will lock yo ass down
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan does have 6
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    justletitgo2bwutw.gif

just needed a place to drop off this gif

These made my feet get that funny feeling, I'm already afraid of heights
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan does have 6

u right
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Made too much money to be having cash flow trouble (not saying he's broke). Too much too soon

He doesn't really have cash problems. If I'm not mistaken his money is in something like a trust that's given to him in doses so that he doesn't blow through it irresponsibly.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    A lot of undeserved negativity is the entire mantra of his career (with the exception of the gun incident and his wife). NBA had it out for him since his college fight in the bowling alley that was started by racists and almost had him doing prison time. Since he wouldn't bow down to Larry Brown and sagged his pants and ultimately wore cornrows he was forever tattooed as exactly what the NBA didn't want when Michael Jordan left. The Hip-hop age was prominent in the day and the country for white folk and old black folk weren't ready for people who were unapologetic like Iverson was. (He was unapologetic when he did that stuff, but later he winded up apologizing all the time). Simply one of the greatest athletes ever and a brilliant basketball mind. I used to go to his games and felt sorry for him when people said he wouldn't pass. Look at the all-star games. THe man could pass to those who could catch the ball. His former teammates, besides Eric Snow and Aaron McKie, couldn't even catch the ball. Who would pass to them? And he only lost to the Lakers. Later in his career when his shooting percentages improved, teams didn't want him because they didn't want him hogging the ball.
    It was his own fault as to him with Detroit and all the teams after that. He didn't wanna come off the bench and ended up leaving the NBA before his time. However, his legacy is the fact that he was the NBA poster child for Hip hop and one of the greatest shooting guards to ever play the game. I would add some stats, but I dont feel like it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    A lot of undeserved negativity is the entire mantra of his career (with the exception of the gun incident and his wife). NBA had it out for him since his college fight in the bowling alley that was started by racists and almost had him doing prison time. Since he wouldn't bow down to Larry Brown and sagged his pants and ultimately wore cornrows he was forever tattooed as exactly what the NBA didn't want when Michael Jordan left. The Hip-hop age was prominent in the day and the country for white folk and old black folk weren't ready for people who were unapologetic like Iverson was. (He was unapologetic when he did that stuff, but later he winded up apologizing all the time). Simply one of the greatest athletes ever and a brilliant basketball mind. I used to go to his games and felt sorry for him when people said he wouldn't pass. Look at the all-star games. THe man could pass to those who could catch the ball. His former teammates, besides Eric Snow and Aaron McKie, couldn't even catch the ball. Who would pass to them? And he only lost to the Lakers. Later in his career when his shooting percentages improved, teams didn't want him because they didn't want him hogging the ball.
    It was his own fault as to him with Detroit and all the teams after that. He didn't wanna come off the bench and ended up leaving the NBA before his time. However, his legacy is the fact that he was the NBA poster child for Hip hop and one of the greatest shooting guards to ever play the game. I would add some stats, but I dont feel like it.

I agree with a lot of that, but AI is somewhat to blame for his bad press too. For example, you say he didn't bow down to Larry Brown as if Larry Brown was trying to get him to be a ? or something. Larry Brown just wanted him to be a more team friendly superstar. That would have benefitted the team and his overall legacy, and he recognized it after a while and admitted it.
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I remember I made this video a few years back on my old YouTube account that was deleted. Somebody re-uploaded the video though, all they did was change the title and add annotations.

The original was titled: "Billups and Stuckey floor Iverson" lol

I made this video all in fun but it got mad dislikes. I even put in the description that Iverson was my favorite player at the time, oddly, him and Billups actually were (This took place after Iverson went back to Philly after he was traded for Billups to Detroit).

The ? Iverson fans weren't having any parts of my joke though lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxNmxxvOHE

lol I had to pick that song
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great Scorer and tough player but not player you want as a leader.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another thing is he never even got a gold medal. .......he tried to go in 2008 but that's when US basketball changed things
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    Another thing is he never even got a gold medal. .......he tried to go in 2008 but that's when US basketball changed things

Yeah that is kinda messed up. That year he led the team, they got a Bronze right? People blamed him, but he actually stepped up and did what you expect from a leader and he changed his game to be less selfish. The team just wasn't very good.
  • slimlemon
    slimlemon Members Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude was amazing. I remember telling everybody at my base in SC in 94' to look out for him at G-town. I had the privilege of watching him play football and basketball in high school. You just knew this guy was going to the NBA. Could have made it in the NFL based on talent alone. Desean Jackson reminds me a lot of him. Hated to see him walk away from the court early. The realest NBA player ever. He brought it. 288x425
    iverson.jpg
  • zerocool
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzPoWJgW-b0

lol at pippen always laughing when breaking up a rodman fight
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slimlemon wrote: »
    Dude was amazing. I remember telling everybody at my base in SC in 94' to look out for him at G-town. I had the privilege of watching him play football and basketball in high school. You just knew this guy was going to the NBA. Could have made it in the NFL based on talent alone. Desean Jackson reminds me a lot of him. Hated to see him walk away from the court early. The realest NBA player ever. He brought it. 288x425
    iverson.jpg

Bethel High vs. Phoebus High in that bottom pic
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzPoWJgW-b0

lol at pippen always laughing when breaking up a rodman fight

What else could he do? You have to take the bad with the good.
  • zerocool
    Options
  • zerocool
    Options
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Iverson vs Barkley (I know they play diff't positions)
    Just to show how great Iverson was and which class he belongs to. He is in the class of people you would put above a Charles Barkley.
    Just had another convo about Iverson. Said he was better than Barkley and folks erupted, saying he wasn't.
    Can't put AI above Jordan, Kobe, Magic and some others but he damn sure was better than Dominique Wilkins, Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Mookie Blaylock, Stephen Curry, Tony Parker .
    Todd MacCulloch was Iverson's second best player on the team he took to the finals(I would've said Eric Snow, but stats say this dude). That says everything.
    Charles 1984-1996
    Iverson 1996-2008
    Iverson beats Charles in Points Per game for each year of his career (excluding his last return to 76ers)
    Iverson beats Charles in Assists Per game each year of his career
    Charles kills Iverson (and most in NBA) in rebounds, but Iverson does pretty well for a shooting guard of 6’0 for rebounds.
    Iverson played more minutes per season than Charles
    Iverson shot better free throws than Charles (Charles was known for being a good free throw shooter)
    Iverson’s 3pt percentage is better than Charles
    Charles shot a better FG% through his career
    Iverson beat Charles in steals per game for career
    Iverson committed less fouls throughout career than Charles
    Turnovers were roughly the same, again considering Iverson handled the ball 10x as much as Charles this I will say Iverson in essence committed fewer turnovers.
    *Iverson was rated the fifth-greatest NBA shooting guard of all time by ESPN in 2008.

*Iverson won Big East Defensive Player of the Year awards both years he played with Georgetown.

*Iverson is also 12th on the list of ALL TIME STEAL Leaders. As Kevin Durant (also pretty good) recently said about him being best pound for pound.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-sports-minute/kevin-durant-says-allen-iverson-was--pound-for-pound-the-best--in-instagram-post-043249112.html;_ylt=AwrBT8T76h1UskkA.rJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzb2xkcmh2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTcwMF8x
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Iverson beats Charles in Assists Per game each year of his career
    Charles kills Iverson (and most in NBA) in rebounds, but Iverson does pretty well for a shooting guard of 6’0 for rebounds.
    Iverson shot better free throws than Charles (Charles was known for being a good free throw shooter)
    Iverson’s 3pt percentage is better than Charles
    Charles shot a better FG% through his career
    Iverson beat Charles in steals per game for career
    Iverson committed less fouls throughout career than Charles

Wrong thread homie.
    community.allhiphop.com/discussion/495829/funniest-dumbest-things-said-in-the-cheap-seats-vol-1#latest
  • zerocool
    edited September 2014
    Options
    http://youtu.be/qEznI1Rbync
    AI game winning steal
    Watched live

http://youtu.be/YN_-C0Q3H-E
    buzzer beater on germany exhibition...watched live

http://youtu.be/ibEg_OGEVhE
    double ankle breaker...lol.....watched live as well

• zerocool
    Options
    http://youtu.be/zBRAKNr_ICI

Iverson 3 point contest.....lol
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    Zeke ? on isaiah

• Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just think that alcohol got the better of him during the last 2 yrs of his career.