i am not an african-american............it doesnt make any sense.

Options

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Plap is looking up the meaning of african american
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im african the same way an asian is a asian
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White girl tryin to school ? ...smh
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    Covet wrote: »
    not trying to school anyone. I was just pointing out that this is probably the reason why this phrase doesn't ring true with people anymore.... It doesn't fit the era. Now were I to say I was Irish, that would be weird. I'm Southern and Texan. But back to my great grandparents--they were Irish. I don't ever intend to call myself an Irish American.

Eh.... But call it what you want. I don't have a beef with you.

Wtf you talkin about ?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love ? because ? are me, and I should only love that which is me.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    not trying to school anyone. I was just pointing out that this is probably the reason why this phrase doesn't ring true with people anymore.... It doesn't fit the era. Now were I to say I was Irish, that would be weird. I'm Southern and Texan. But back to my great grandparents--they were Irish. I don't ever intend to call myself an Irish American.

Wtf you talkin about ?

wtf you talkin bout?

Am talkin about you given history lessons to black folks...you don't know ? white girl
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White girl tryin to school ? ...smh

ironically she's a teacher........
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    Ironically most of the students I taught in my first semester where black. Let's keep this going.... ;))
    What grade did you teach?
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    I'm 1/8th Cubano, 1/8th Black-Jamaican, and I got some Indigenous American in my roots down the line.

I'm Black-American, I don't consider myself African-American. I got an African gov't name and all, but Africa isn't my nationality, or my parents, or my grandparents, etc. ...But I don't have a problem when ? call themselves "African" or "African-American" when they be on their Nubian-Kemet-Mängəstä Ityop'p'ya ? .
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    This is when I was substituting in a different district, the one in my hometown. I taught pre-k and kindergarten. Currently I teach special ed and kindergarten.

So because you teach retards you think u can come in here and talk like you know what's going on...do you think were ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Ironically most of the students I taught in my first semester where black. Let's keep this going.... ;))

Did they believe Christopher Columbus "discovered" America?
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    This is when I was substituting in a different district, the one in my hometown. I taught pre-k and kindergarten. Currently I teach special ed and kindergarten.

So because you teach retards you think u can come in here and talk like you know what's going on...do you think were ? .

Yeah I simply posited a theory, dude. I'm sorry you have some ? feelings over it. I teach children over a spectrum of disabilities, not just MR. AS YOU KNOW, young boys within your very own population are misdiagnosed with ADHD and learning disabilities far too often. I'm trying to fix that ? that gen ed teachers do to harm these kids' self confidence.

I also teach children HOW TO READ. Yeah, that's exactly what I do in those kindergarten classes when I pull out your child for some special one on one time.

The last thing I'm going to be worried about is some dude with a freddy krueger avy (and btw that came out when I was alive, not you) who's caught feelings over me agreeing on the topic at hand.

Excuse me, I have your children to teach right now.
    U shouldn't be a teacher you lack self -control ..ur a very angry person
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

you call yourself white? you don't even represent for your country or your heritage. you are the racist. defining yourself by a color. you are so ashamed of where you live now and where your people once lived that you cannot even link yourself with the u. s. of a.... and yet you want to show disdain for these people calling themselves African-American? who not only represent the nation where they hold citizenship..they also rep the entire ? continent from where their ancestors first came. u actin real outta pocket right now ? and its probably best you leave this discussion up to the true patriots.

gucci-mane-arrested-again-500-300x337.jpg
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? started using "Black-American" ages ago b.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ African American

Why aren't there European Americans?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    lol @ African American

#yaaaaawn
    there called Irish Americans, Italian Americans, French-Americans,Polish Americans etc. etc. etc.

since you ? were slaves, ya'll ? are all ? up.
    you don't know if your from Ghana, Nigeria, Mali, etc etc. and add that you don't have an established nationality like Haitians, Dominicans, or Jamaicans.
    y'all or just African-Americans

#ShoutOutToMyGeechiesTho

u chicken greased ? don't understand, the science of nationality in this modern day era.
    that's what the Malcom X's and Marcus's were tryna do with this term "African American"
    which is/was to reconnect a sense of nationalities that "American Blacks" lacked.

every group of ppl in America outside of "Black Americans" are CAPABLE of finding their Ancestral Nationalities.
    just point to a place on the globe call "Black"
    #Sa7ut3
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh ? you and your ? theories,

I'm African-American b.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    bkkbully wrote: »
    I think its pretty dumb and it creates even more separation between Americans. Either your African-American, Irish-American, Domincan-American, blah blah, but we all have American IDs & passports, we're all AMERICAN. ? all of the extra ? . I'm not saying forget your past and your heritage, but realize that we're all Americans. Didn't realize it until I traveled. Go to Sweden and regardless of what color you see they are all Swedish. Not African-Swedish (Unless they came fresh from Africa and immigrated).

Well it ain't like that here in AmeriKKKa

yeah obviously it ain't like that here because this thread wouldn't exist.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more Jamaican-american than african-america. I know nothing about african culture or traditions.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that this ? thinks Kwanza is african tells me everything I need to know about this mop head ass ?
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    lol @ African American

#yaaaaawn
    there called Irish Americans, Italian Americans, French-Americans,Polish Americans etc. etc. etc.

since you ? were slaves, ya'll ? are all ? up.
    you don't know if your from Ghana, Nigeria, Mali, etc etc. and add that you don't have an established nationality like Haitians, Dominicans, or Jamaicans.
    y'all or just African-Americans

#ShoutOutToMyGeechiesTho

u chicken greased ? don't understand, the science of nationality in this modern day era.
    that's what the Malcom X's and Marcus's were tryna do with this term "African American"
    which is/was to reconnect a sense of nationalities that "American Blacks" lacked.

every group of ppl in America outside of "Black Americans" are CAPABLE of finding their Ancestral Nationalities.
    just point to a place on the globe call "Black"
    #Sa7ut3

yeah i know where my ancestors are from, Ghana. But I also know where my great grandmother was from, Virginia. I'm not saying forget your ancestrial heritage, I'm not saying forget anything. I'm just saying that as Americans we should drop the whole 'country your great great great grandparents came here from' because we relate more to American culture. I know a bunch of people who immigrated to America and if you ask them, "so your Pakistani?" "no, I'm American", because they are. If they can do that, why the ? can't we? I think its silly as hell to always have to check some stupid ass box on every job application (African American? Caucasian? Asian American? Other?)