i am not an african-american............it doesnt make any sense.

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thinks its hilarious having these type of convos with Africans, they get so offended
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Afrikan American>>>>>Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE84dHl5Nr0

? are so stupid that they don't realize black is affiliated wit several things that are ? ,negative and depressing

Embrace being called "Black" simple minded negros that's what they want you to do

I partially agree with this solely because it's part of the definition of the word, but this is the english language where words have multiple meanings and context is always key so this has always been somewhat ? to me too...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    "Black" is a term manufactured by Caucasians that has been pounded in the heads of African Americans. The whole "Black culture" ? is so eurocentric that people are offended when something truly "Black" is in front of them. This is why everything with African origins is deemed unfit or out of touch with our society. Braids, African garb, African traditions, hell, even African American couples are becoming a thing of the past! You ever sit back and wonder why that is? We've been conditioned to hate everything about ourselves and our origins in a successful attemot to completely asimilate. No other culture has done that. Not Jews, Germans, Asians, Indians, etc. We're the only ones that constantly get our culture ? yet continue to stay extra loyal to the ones doing the ? ! SMH

You do realize that the great majority of people, regardless of race are waiting later in life to get married, and the majority of folks still marry within their own race...? 's not disappearing people just wait longer
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing in my statement mentioned marriage. Like, at all.
  • R.D.
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    i thinks its hilarious having these type of convos with Africans, they get so offended

you think africans are offended cuz you don't wanna claim us? lol

your words, not mine

i just thinks its funny how upset people get because others refuse to engage in group think

How can you tell somebody how to identify their self
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    "Black" is a term manufactured by Caucasians that has been pounded in the heads of African Americans. The whole "Black culture" ? is so eurocentric that people are offended when something truly "Black" is in front of them. This is why everything with African origins is deemed unfit or out of touch with our society. Braids, African garb, African traditions, hell, even African American couples are becoming a thing of the past! You ever sit back and wonder why that is? We've been conditioned to hate everything about ourselves and our origins in a successful attemot to completely asimilate. No other culture has done that. Not Jews, Germans, Asians, Indians, etc. We're the only ones that constantly get our culture ? yet continue to stay extra loyal to the ones doing the ? ! SMH

True. but Asian women are getting surgery to make their eyes look like caucasians. Not to mention them marrying white men for status. and the Men try to get their noses like white people as well.
    Ive also seen a Mexicans look down on other mexicans because one had whiter skin than the other.
    It seems the media has a profound effect on everybody.

Asian women are also getting injections to make their foreheads look like a breakfast side dish,past the butter

a-glimpse-of-the-unappetizing-bagel-that-body-modification-experts-are-creating-in-the-foreheads-of.jpg?146
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFY2kJ96jNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

a-glimpse-of-the-unappetizing-bagel-that-body-modification-experts-are-creating-in-the-foreheads-of.jpg?146

I'd ? in her forehead and put clear plastic tape over that crater.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I'm more Jamaican-american than african-america. I know nothing about african culture or traditions.

I question how much u truly relate to Jamaica given these statements...

Other than some ? instruments and Rastafarian I stand by my statement

Learning about africa = worthless
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This sorry ass ? wants to get ? because I told the truth about himself and his people?!!! Africa ain't gonna help you, America is your best chance fool!!!! They think you are the white man and you live just like him!!! Embrace your new culture, home, religion(the right one) and see where it leads you. It lead me to a blissful life and with great people vs trying to fight a imaginative war, most you blacks need to get your brains looked into. You can't even think properly LOL
  • R.D.
    Options

your words, not mine

i just thinks its funny how upset people get because others refuse to engage in group think

my words what? i just asked a question based on your post. i never made any kind of statement

whatever bro
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am an American period and I really dont give a ? about Africa
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    So what's so useful about learning about Africa other than making you ? feel happy?
  • Ajackson17
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Lol at some of you clowns sounding like you just stepped off the plantation on the self-hate tip.

Like I said before, how do slaves know how to use computers?

This is what happens when parents let TV and internet raise their children.

Idiots galore.

Listen i buy up every happy meal in the world and gets a diet soda no one is a slave in 2012, we just know who is the better team and who not to support. Why would I support people who can't help themselves and need our country to go and help their country back when they have all the resources in the world to bring themselves back up. It's because they are weak and weak minded. Why would I even go back to a religion of worshipping monkeys when Jesus Christ has raised this nation to the becoming the GOAT nation. Now if that isn't proof in the pudding than I don't know what is. ? called on African Demons and look where he is at. Proof in the pudding ma'am.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    So people are embarrassed to be Americans all of sudden ,now when you have people from different countries around the world risking life and limb just too get a sweet slice of the American dream and to sneak or move into America so their children can have a better future and you do not want to claim this country as home.
  • R.D.
    Options

your words, not mine

my words what? i just asked a question based on your post. i never made any kind of statement

whatever bro

lol, so you're not gonna answer the question then?

and i'm not your "bro"

i honestly forget what you asked and dont care to go back a page and look

so yeah

whatever bro lol
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Slaves built this country and you not proud of it. It is the way it is because the ancient black men and women dared and now these new hip hop kids want everything handed to them. Get off your ? and work, the ones who went through the mess that are now long and dead wanted to work their own ? and not get everything handed to them. SMH, you have no need for a acre of land nor a donkey and that doesn't equate to a mansion and maybach to you lazy bunch, but for you hard working ones out here, I salute you daily.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    So what's so useful about learning about Africa other than making you ? feel happy?

you want me to explain to you why learning things is a good thing? oh okay
    no, just how knowing the history or culture of africa can be useful in the present or future for me.

• VulcanRaven
    Options
    Absolutely nothing and Africans sold our ancestors to whites amyway
    So they were also slave owners
    ? both of them
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I'm more Jamaican-american than african-america. I know nothing about african culture or traditions.

I question how much u truly relate to Jamaica given these statements...

Other than some ? instruments and Rastafarian I stand by my statement

Learning about africa = worthless

I doubt u really know anything about Jamaica or its cultural history... I'm not saying u should, but I thinks its funny that u use Jamaica as what u identify with as if Jamaica isn't afrocentric as ? ...
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    So people are embarrassed to be Americans all of sudden ,now when you have people from different countries around the world risking life and limb just too get a sweet slice of the American dream and to sneak or move into America so their children can have a better future and you do not want to claim this country as home.

And they find out that this country basically will exploit their labor and suppress their political power as well. A large number of immigrants who come to this country become impoverished. People south of the border are exploited for their labor here. African immigrants who have doctoral degrees are reduced to driving cabs and taking minimum wage jobs because Americans look down on the education they receive. Most immigrants come to this country to get what they were taken from and support families back home. And the reason why many of them come is because of American political policies that made living conditions in their homelands unbearable, especially with NAFTA agreements in Latin America.
    African countries abuse women send children into war and bomb churches,the middle east treats women like slaves and ? people for not being muslim,south america is a ? hole and mexici is a warzone because of the drug cartels yet you think the USA is worse ...right
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

And they find out that this country basically will exploit their labor and suppress their political power as well. A large number of immigrants who come to this country become impoverished. People south of the border are exploited for their labor here. African immigrants who have doctoral degrees are reduced to driving cabs and taking minimum wage jobs because Americans look down on the education they receive. Most immigrants come to this country to get what they were taken from and support families back home. And the reason why many of them come is because of American political policies that made living conditions in their homelands unbearable, especially with NAFTA agreements in Latin America.

Most of those Latin countries are ran by obviously corrupted politicians who just want to line their pockets at the expense of the citizens in their country they are governing and also the relationship or lack there of with the world banks is the reason of their sad state and don't try to blame this all on NAFTA because it did not come effect until 1994.These Latin countries was having deep and long corruption in their governing body for decades before NAFTA.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Besides, have you taken a look around the world at how other countries view the US? Haitians had their island controlled by the US who helped to overthrow Aristide. Puerto Ricans are basically still a colony controlled by the US. The Dominican Republic is forced to use some of its land to compensate for US waste. Latin American activists remember how the US supported dictators in the past and trained death squads to ? dissenters. Middle Eastern countries are fuming in protest at the American arrogance and superiority. Palestinians are angry that the US supports Israel in occupation and genocide. Don't get hype thinking that every immigrant who comes to this country views it as super wonderful and a land of opportunity. Most of the countries would have great opportunities if it wasn't for the US's exploitation of their country and its resources.
    The strong rule the weak get over it
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

no, just how knowing the history or culture of africa can be useful in the present or future for me.
    You should be able to pull ? with it.

Drop some knowledge about the motherland on a ? 's head and watch her panties fall straight to the ground.

Do you work somewhere with a water cooler? If so, that African ? is conversational gold (no relation).

It has other similar uses as well.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options

You should be able to pull ? with it.

Drop some knowledge about the motherland on a ? 's head and watch her panties fall straight to the ground.

Do you work somewhere with a water cooler? If so, that African ? is conversational gold (no relation).

It has other similar uses as well.

B hood rats don't ? with africa like that. Bands>>>>>talking about south africa