• AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    Kendrick kinda reminds me of Sho Shallow
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    digi-phonics's style is very diverse

i mean ? its like 4 of em so yeah it is lol... im just saying sounwave who did a lot of ? on section 80 like a 3rd has always had this real chill melodic thump sound for kendrick and its no different on this record ...and the other producers followed suit

Willie B did a lot on Follow Me Home which had a more g funk/2001 type sound so i'm not sure what @RuffDraft means by other TDE albums are more cohesive sonically

yeah i dont really know either ... wish willie b could have made this record tho .. him and kendrick got a lot of fire together .. his drums... like.. that start and stop ? on ignorance is bliss and rigamortis really fits kendrick well ... he seems to go the ? in on willie b tracks as well ..
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    AdidasWun wrote: »
    Best Album since Recovery IMO

word? lol
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

i think you really need some more time to analyze this album if thats what your getting (@bolded) .... especially "real" .... "good kid" and "maad city" ......"Art Of Peer Pressure" those tracks particulary good kid/maad city are some of the most detailed personalized and introspective tracks that ive ever heard from kendrick ...listen to the first verse of maad city again... those two songs are the crux of this story ...not just his story specifically ..but the story of people like him ...kids like him.. i think what people are missing is that Sec.80 and GKMC are intertwined ...S8 is the macro (the introduction) ...whereas GKMC is the micro (the specifics)

Yeah, like I stated, I need more time to digest it… like with any album though, first listen provides the most scope as to whether you'll enjoy it as much as another record and I can't see myself feeling this over 80. Not taking anything away from the record, as I can tell people are really into it; just hasn't gripped me like that, as yet. Still a solid listen from the first two sessions, much better than a lot of releases. In my top 5 of the year with the others in my sig too.
    dont agree at all ...sonically this album flows without hitch imo ... i mean listening to Q's album listening to Soulo's album ..you can hear where the digi+phonics were taking their sound ... its a little spacier ...but the overall melodic thump they're known for is inescapably stamped all over this record ..even the guest producers like pharrell and tha biziness adjusted their sound to fit this record ... ? flows bruh..

Maybe it flows well, but so do a lot of compilations. I don't think the soundscape is as cohesive but then the storyline probably provides a lot of difficulties in making that happen anyway.

Either way, I'll be back in a week or so when I've had time to digest this. Appreciate the discussion.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    D8862D0C-65E8-4C2F-ABB4-0714373797B8-3052-0000033395FDB57B.jpg

First thing I did when I got back to the city was cop this, my friends and family could wait till tonight
    D8862D0C-65E8-4C2F-ABB4-0714373797B8-3052-0000033395FDB57B.jpg

First thing I did when I got back to the city was cop this, my friends and family could wait till tonight

hook ? up with the link
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    edited October 2012
    Options
    8098750629_f35f1886a2.jpg

“Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter”
    “? , Don’t ? My Vibe”
    “Backseat Freestyle”
    “The Art of Peer Pressure”
    “Money Trees” (feat. Jay Rock)
    “Poetic Justice” (feat. Drake)
    “good kid”
    “m.A.A.d city” (feat. MC Eiht)
    “Swimming Pools (Drank)” [Extended Version]
    “Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst”
    “Real” (feat. Anna Wise)
    “Compton” (feat. Dr. Dre)

Deluxe Version
    “The Recipe” (feat. Dr. Dre)
    “Black Boy Fly”
    “Now or Never” (feat. Mary J. Blige)
    | +

we got the Deluxe version of the album

but itunes has a Deluxe version of the album with Collect calls and Swimming pools as a bonus

iTunes Deluxe Vesion
    “Collect Calls”
    “Swimming Pools (Drank)”
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ruffdraft

right on bruh ... btw is that oddisse as good as i think it might be.... I've been sleeping on it ... haven't picked it up yet
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    @JDSTAYWITIT. Yeah, Odd's is an exceptional release, IMO. Especially if you pair it with the Acoustic version of You Know Who You Are. Check The Essence thread by clicking on the link in my sig.

IMO though, Apollo w/ O.C's Trophies is the album of the year thus far.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    oh ok i'll have to check both of those out ... i got put on to odd by some beat tapes i heard ..? was fire but i need to listen to the record.. good lookin
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Yeah, definitely check out the two records and let me know your thoughts in The Essence or via PM. Apollo Brown's one of the best producers around now. You will feel privileged hearing his beats. In my opinion, he's the best producer for Mello Music Group, even better than Odd.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

“? , Don’t ? My Vibe”
    “Backseat Freestyle”
    “good kid”
    “Real” (feat. Anna Wise)

Deluxe Version
    “Black Boy Fly”
    | +

but itunes has a Deluxe version of the album with Collect calls and Swimming pools as a bonus

iTunes Deluxe Vesion
    “Collect Calls”
    “Swimming Pools (Drank)”
    you got the album and you still want a link?
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still letting it sink in, but this album is not disappointing at all.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    Options

“? , Don’t ? My Vibe”
    “Backseat Freestyle”
    “good kid”
    “Real” (feat. Anna Wise)

Deluxe Version
    “Black Boy Fly”
    | +

iTunes Deluxe Vesion
    “Collect Calls”
    “Swimming Pools (Drank)”
    you got the album and you still want a link?

im saying a link for people who want it not me
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    who got a link so I can decide whether to buy this or not
    just buy it bruh.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh ok
    i been passing out links since wednesday, rich porter/azie faison of the ic
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trying not to get burnt out on the album but its jamming so ? it. Much better than Cole's and Krits album....kind of reminds me of Krit's 4eva N A day as far as the "day in a life" aspect to the album....where every song kind of ties into the next song.....you can tell Kendrick put a lot of thought into this record....
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    Trying not to get burnt out on the album but its jamming so ? it. Much better than Cole's and Krits album....kind of reminds me of Krit's 4eva N A day as far as the "day in a life" aspect to the album....where every song kind of ties into the next song.....you can tell Kendrick put a lot of thought into this record....

It's way, way better than Coles album you can't mention this dope K Dot Album in the same sentence as Coles Album.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking st the reviews it looks promising, I'ma cop it

Ayo Shadyteam, do you like Big K.R.I.T.?
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The way he tied the second verse of Sing About Me into Keisha's Song was ill as ? .
  • AdidasWun
    Options

I wanna like him same way as i wanna like Mos Def and Talib cos they really speak on alot, they can get personal but this might sound like a clishe i just find em boring where as someone like Kendrick with this album he was speaking on alot but did it in a way that draws you in. But who knows if Krit drops a future project i like you can never count anybody with just 1 Album out.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AdidasWun wrote: »

I wanna like him same way as i wanna like Mos Def and Talib cos they really speak on alot, they can get personal but this might sound like a clishe i just find em boring where as someone like Kendrick with this album he was speaking on alot but did it in a way that draws you in. But who knows if Krit drops a future project i like you can never count anybody with just 1 Album out.

True, I can respect that
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this even worth downloadin? This ? sucks ,nothin he ever dropped was tight to me lil midget geek aint even nice like that
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    Is this even worth downloadin? This ? sucks ,nothin he ever dropped was tight to me lil midget geek aint even nice like that

His music simply isn't for someone like you, best thing you can do is stick to the drug talk, money, cars, hos Rap you like.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lmao shut yo big nosed derek jeter lookin ass up and stop generalizing clown
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    Lmao shut yo big nosed derek jeter lookin ass up.You generalizing clown

You came in a Kendrick Album discussion thread but don't like him or his music. What's the sense in that?
This discussion has been closed.