Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    AdidasWun wrote: »
    Lmao shut yo big nosed derek jeter lookin ass up.You generalizing clown

You came in a Kendrick Album discussion thread but don't like him or his music. What's the sense in that?

You come in EVERY Jigga thread and say the same thing.What's the sense in that?

I asked was it worth downloading.You made a good point tho, he's trash and I wont waste my time even downloading this cats album
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this even worth downloadin? This ? sucks ,nothin he ever dropped was tight to me lil midget geek aint even nice like that

It's a progression of what he's been building on since the Kendrick Lamar EP, so if you didn't like his ? up to now you most likely won't like this album.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ^Bet.I was gonna check it to see if the production was tight.If the beat tight I can ignore the mc
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still waiting until I purchase the album to check it out. But Poetic Justice is my ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this even worth downloadin? This ? sucks ,nothin he ever dropped was tight to me lil midget geek aint even nice like that

Nope....... ? Wack AF Cuhz
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giving it a listen right now.
    I'm not a big fan of Kendrick
    I did like that Overly Dedicated tape
    STILL havent heard Section 80 smh
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »

You lost lol

• AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    I really hope dude goes Gold at the very least
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst is one of the greatest rap tracks I've ever heard.
    The different point of views he spoke from was dope as ? .

Art of Peer Pressure is my favorite track though, glad I didn't listen to it when it first leaked.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

You lost lol

lol cmon bruh
    I at least have the ? downloaded
    Sure I downloaded it about 4 months ago and I somehow managed to still not get to it
    But I got it in my iPod.

This album is alright to me on 1st listen.
    Some songs are really good, some are really meh
    Gotta listen again, alotta these tracks are too fuccin long
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Common just dropped this on my News Feed.

[img]http://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375869_10151295921349203_59017039_n.jpg[/img]

...this is right after Duckworth's show.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

You lost lol

lol cmon bruh
    I at least have the ? downloaded
    Sure I downloaded it about 4 months ago and I somehow managed to still not get to it
    But I got it in my iPod.

This album is alright to me on 1st listen.
    Some songs are really good, some are really meh
    Gotta listen again, alotta these tracks are too fuccin long

Smh @ the bolded

Still haven't listened to the album yet

You got the GOAT in your avi
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Yes! I noticed that too. Majiin Vegeta was that ? b.
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    Theres a lotta people out here that don't know who Kendrick is right now cos it's 2 Chainz that's buzzing the most here right now but i'm gonna put people here on to Kendrick with this Album
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    this is crazy, the more you listen to it, the more you get the story of the album. you really have to go through it atleast 5 times to get it.

i love that underlining story of each track, more artist should go this route with their albums instead of albums just being a bunch of mixtape tracks put together. i.e. cruel summer.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ^^^Thats the exact feeling I got from listening to it the one time I did. Not gonna listen again till I get CDQ for that reason.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar Explains Meaning Of "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Title, Reveals T.I. Collaboration

Kendrick Lamar is making the media rounds in anticipation of his major label debut good kid, m.A.A.d city, releasing on October 22nd. During an interview with L.A. Leakers, the Compton, California native explained the meaning behind m.A.A.d, stating that it's a two-pronged acronym, the second of which was inspired by a bad smoking experience.

"It's two, two meanings. The first is 'my angry adolescence divided,' and the basic standout meaning is 'my angel's on angel dust.' That's the reason why I don't smoke," he said. "That was me. I got laced. The reason I don't smoke, and it's in the album. It's in the story. It was just me getting my hands on the wrong thing at the wrong time, being oblivious to it."

K. Dot also said that the and T.I. have a collaboration for the Southern rapper's upcoming album Trouble Man, and that he will drop his project with J. Cole "out the sky."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=21586
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "That was back when I was nine
    Joey packed the nine
    Pakistan on every porch was fine
    We adapt to crime, pack a van with four guns at a time
    With the sliding door, ? is up?
    ? you shootin for if you ain't walkin up?...You ? punk
    pickin up the ? pump
    Pickin off you suckers, suck a ? or die or sucker punch
    A wall of bullets comin from
    AK's,AR's,"aye y'all, Duck."
    That's what momma said when we was eatin the free lunch"
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar Explains Meaning Of "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Title, Reveals T.I. Collaboration

Kendrick Lamar is making the media rounds in anticipation of his major label debut good kid, m.A.A.d city, releasing on October 22nd. During an interview with L.A. Leakers, the Compton, California native explained the meaning behind m.A.A.d, stating that it's a two-pronged acronym, the second of which was inspired by a bad smoking experience.

"It's two, two meanings. The first is 'my angry adolescence divided,' and the basic standout meaning is 'my angel's on angel dust.' That's the reason why I don't smoke," he said. "That was me. I got laced. The reason I don't smoke, and it's in the album. It's in the story. It was just me getting my hands on the wrong thing at the wrong time, being oblivious to it."

K. Dot also said that the and T.I. have a collaboration for the Southern rapper's upcoming album Trouble Man, and that he will drop his project with J. Cole "out the sky."

? weird that most of my fav artist end up working with each other. Seen that video earlier with 3000 and Dre in the studio together. Maaaannn, ? makes me wanna pray to the Hip Hop ? 's lol
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    Wow even Stew likes Kendrick
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amazing album. Buying 2 copies as well to support great hip hop. Hopefully more artist follow suit and quit trying to be lil Wayne.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? weird that most of my fav artist end up working with each other. Seen that video earlier with 3000 and Dre in the studio together. Maaaannn, ? makes me wanna pray to the Hip Hop ? 's lol

Man if 3000 and kendrick work together that would be dope...Dre in the studio with Dre is dope as well....can we get some music out of this please
  • WORLD8712
    WORLD8712 Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ive said Kendricks album was better, but you ? are delusional if you think this dude is commercially relevant. Talking about west coast got his back, how did that work out for Games last album.

Honestly, the west supported Game by default - his whole buzz was manufactured by association to G Unit and the eastcoast embraced him first. As far as the topic and commercial relevance, Kendrick slightly above where Cole was prior to his debut and his fanbase is actually more diverse so chances are his first week numbers'll be around 200k.

• AdidasWun
    Options
    Amazing album. Buying 2 copies as well to support great hip hop. Hopefully more artist follow suit and quit trying to be lil Wayne.

Yeah we gotta support dope music
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    WORLD8712 wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ive said Kendricks album was better, but you ? are delusional if you think this dude is commercially relevant. Talking about west coast got his back, how did that work out for Games last album.

Honestly, the west supported Game by default - his whole buzz was manufactured by association to G Unit and the eastcoast embraced him first. As far as the topic and commercial relevance, Kendrick slightly above where Cole was prior to his debut and his fanbase is actually more diverse so chances are his first week numbers'll be around 200k.

Don't waste ya time on him g
This discussion has been closed.