Rappers overhyped by the internet?

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Y'all naming rappers that don't get a lot of hype (Gunplay) the main ones were named already.

im assuming u aint on twitter lol my TL stay overhyping dat ?
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What rappers do you thing are Overhyped by internet rap fans. My vote goes to Canibus. Dude no where near as good as people hype him up to be and he can't write songs for ? .
    Then why did heavyweights fear him?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Y'all naming rappers that don't get a lot of hype (Gunplay) the main ones were named already.

im assuming u aint on twitter lol my TL stay overhyping dat ?
    I ain't on twitter mostly on Facebook. Even on here I don't see any hype for gunplay.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Feared Canibus? lmaooo He WAS ill for about a 2 yr span, but even then, he was never feared.. He was Eminem´s punching bag for about 2 yrs... Then u seen what Diz did to em, prolly the worse body bag in battle rap history...
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Machine Gun Kelly
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What rappers do you thing are Overhyped by internet rap fans. My vote goes to Canibus. Dude no where near as good as people hype him up to be and he can't write songs for ? .

Bis da GOAT.

Two short lines can have a deep meaning.

Behind the Rose Line, 'Morals and Dogma' that rhyme
    To climb one of three peaks of Mt. Hermon during my lifetime
    (Father Author Poor Pauper)
    In certain circles, some kind of occult or esoteric significance is ascribed to the Paris meridian (Rose Line); sometimes it is even perceived as a sinister axis. Dominique Stezepfandts, a French conspiracy theorist, attacks the Arago medallions that supposedly trace the route of "an occult geographical line"; to him the Paris meridian is a "Masonic axis" or even "the heart of the Devil."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_meridian

41QKS3HSANL._SL500_.jpg
    Gilgamesh passes near Mount Hermon in the Epic of Gilgamesh, where it was called Saria by Sumerians, "Saria and Lebanon tremble at the felling of the cedars".[5][6] In the Book of Enoch, Mount Hermon is the place where the Grigori ("Watcher") class of fallen angels descended to Earth. They swore upon the mountain that they would take wives among the daughters of men and take mutual imprecation for their sin (Enoch 6). The mountain or summit is referred to as Saphon in Ugaritic texts where the palace of Baal is located in a myth about Attar.[7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hermon
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feared Canibus? lmaooo He WAS ill for about a 2 yr span, but even then, he was never feared.. He was Eminem´s punching bag for about 2 yrs... Then u seen what Diz did to em, prolly the worse body bag in battle rap history...

LOL.

Blasphemy, uninformed one.

A hundred times nicer than the best is
    Twice as arrogant as KRS is, who wanna test this
    (Beasts from the East)

All the "Legendary" Hip Hop figures were launching out at him from KRS-One, LL, Davey D, members of BDP, etc. They even got Pun to go at him. Didn’t know that one did you?

1996 - beast from the east - canibus says I'm twice as arrogant as KRS is

1996 - once again/word perfect - krs responds to canibus remark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8ddiBS90k

1997 - ??? - krs and dubb c (truck turner) make more disses towards him on dj honda lp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YkdIEBQEBKc

1998 - skit - canibus debut lp has skit with older washed up desperate sounding rappers i.e. krs, dubb c

1998 - can i ? - truck turner - disses canibus back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-oP3c6BTE

1999 – horseman from 2000 BC - canibus whole verse is directed at ll, krs, truck turner as being a evil/sinner rapper

1999 - symphony 2000 - krs big pun kool g rap truck turner...only bigpun and krs diss by name...(bronx isnt little in response to his line on (I honor U), h.i.v.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8IkatyN6TxQ

2001 - boxcutta bladerunner - canibus says "Old school rappers I wouldn't be around without/ain’t got ? to say, but keep putting albums out"/ krs
    It's up to him..Canibus is the newcomer.. KRS already stated that he's ready to go and he would end his career. Plus KRS has proven himself to be the ultimate representation of hip hop when it comes to battling and wrecking microphones. I'm telling you from the bottom of my heart Canibus is way too scared to go head up with KRS-One.
    http://www.daveyd.com/krsonenews.html

So when he said this:
    "I've been dealing with hate since 1998"
    (Kriminal Kindness)

It was true.

Eventually KRS and Canibus worked together
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1OhzcFthU_4

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ a canibus stan posting in here
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard Kendrick lamar song. It wasnt bad. Im a thoroughbred I dont fake and i dont hate. So had to clear that up. The internet makes you sick of hearin bout people by overdoin it to where it aint cool no more. Its only certain artists they do this to though.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Heard Kendrick lamar song. It wasnt bad. Im a thoroughbred I dont fake and i dont hate. So had to clear that up. The internet makes you sick of hearin bout people by overdoin it to where it aint cool no more. Its only certain artists they do this to though.

Log off then.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Joe Buddens

Thread/
    This is funny, since it's coming from somebody that worships 2pac like he's the second coming of Jesus. I bet you hold cult ceremonies where you repetitiously chant his name around a ring of fire.

To answer the t/s question though I seriously think some rappers are over hyped by online stans.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    *dead* at all the Reactions on the first page lmao
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Odd Future - go to reddit. they swear by Odd future. it's the weirdest thing.

Joe Budden - for all the hype people give him online, his Padded Room album only sold 15,000.

Meek Mill - never heard of him in the real world

Childish Gambino - again, reddit swears by him. he's alright. but he doesn't do anything to separate himself.

Hopsin - never heard of him until i read his name in a youtube comment under an odd future video.

MF Doom - how many casual music fans have ever heard of him or anything he's ever done?

Lupe Fiasco - when you get all this hype online, but it never translates into sales, your internet hype is greater than real life marketability.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Joe Buddens

Thread/
    This is funny, since it's coming from somebody that worships 2pac like he's the second coming of Jesus. I bet you hold cult ceremonies where you repetitiously chant his name around a ring of fire.

To answer the t/s question though I seriously think some rappers are over hyped by online stans.

? didnt I tell u not to quote me... Get off my ?
    and stop following me in every thread
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »

Are you serious???
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had to change my post on the first page didnt not know people where catching feelings with that post
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Log off then.

?
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said devirginate... I'm done.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max B

Im glad that ? locked up so he aint out here making wack ass music that only NY ? seem to like
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »

Are you serious???

I don't really listen to the radio. So that could be why.

• buttuh_b
    Options

Log off then.

?

If you so sick of hearing about these artists that you only hear about on the internet, just log off.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yall no-signed da ? out the ¨jay electronica¨post... I ? with ? , but da ? overhyped. Last week we had a poll on who was the best lyricist between him ,lupe, kdot, and cole , and da ? jay electronica won lol.. Dis ? is damn near 40 with not one album...... Yall praising this ? alil too much man.. Thats like saying Lebron was the best in the NBA before he stepped on the court
  • NoCompetition
    Options

Log off then.

?

If you so sick of hearing about these artists that you only hear about on the internet, just log off.

I do that frequently. This aint nothin but entertainment. This site is all about complaining. I'll come on here and say whatever i want just like anybody else. Smh.