Rappers overhyped by the internet?

Options

Comments

• King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Rick Ross owns this LOLOL, here's a guy who on the internet you'd think he was a megastar but offline, can never really get the sales to match the hype. Lyrically he's subpar (if that), relies heavily on features with major artists and still can't crossover.

Rozay is getting pushed to the moon online and he can't even match Jeezy sales....damn lol no one really messes with this ? like that. He ain't the premier rapper spitting them classic conceptual raps dickriders like Elliot Wilson think to believe. Can you believe Elliott WIlson aka Rozay stan asked at the MMG confdrence what is was like to bring conceptual albums back?? SMH
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Heard Kendrick lamar song. It wasnt bad. Im a thoroughbred I dont fake and i dont hate. So had to clear that up. The internet makes you sick of hearin bout people by overdoin it to where it aint cool no more. Its only certain artists they do this to though.

Log off then.

?

If you so sick of hearing about these artists that you only hear about on the internet, just log off.

I do that frequently. This aint nothin but entertainment. This site is all about complaining. I'll come on here and say whatever i want just like anybody else. Smh.

No it's not. Only when artist you like get criticized it is and when artists you don't like get praised they're being overhyped.

I'm a big fan of 50, Wayne, Drake who are all hated on this site but you don't see me rehashing the same ? every post.

Maybe you should log off for good. Better yet, log out of life and commit that ? .
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    gotta throw Nas in there
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No comment Im tired of lookin like a hater it aint my fault most rappers suck!
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard Kendrick lamar song. It wasnt bad. Im a thoroughbred I dont fake and i dont hate. So had to clear that up. The internet makes you sick of hearin bout people by overdoin it to where it aint cool no more. Its only certain artists they do this to though.

Log off then.

?

If you so sick of hearing about these artists that you only hear about on the internet, just log off.

I do that frequently. This aint nothin but entertainment. This site is all about complaining. I'll come on here and say whatever i want just like anybody else. Smh.

No it's not. Only when artist you like get criticized it is and when artists you don't like get praised they're being overhyped.

I'm a big fan of 50, Wayne, Drake who are all hated on this site but you don't see me rehashing the same ? every post.

Maybe you should log off for good. Better yet, log out of life and commit that ? .

Ok i reckon that was supposed to get me as upset as you. I control your emotions. too easy. But i see im dealin with an immature child. Frustration is written all over this post. We are through talking. I dont argue with children over nothing.......And uh.....
    I stand by my statement of lames like you laming up your "favorite" rappers with your lameness.Hahahaha.Game over you emotional joke.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Log off then.

?

Ok i reckon that was supposed to get me as upset as you. I control your emotions. too easy. But i see im dealin with an immature child. Frustration is written all over this post. We are through talking. I dont argue with children over nothing.......And uh.....
    I stand by my statement of lames like you laming up your "favorite" rappers with your lameness.Hahahaha.Game over you emotional joke.

The only "emotion" you evoked in me was annoyance and irritation from your wack posting and thought process.

You wanna make me emotional... ? yourself and my emotion will be happy.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Getting back to thread topic, it aint that hese rappers are good or bad, that aint the point. A lot of them have already been named, I cant think of no others. The point is some are talked about disproportionately on here. Its all just nopinions anyway. I aint trippin. Some faceless person's opinion on here means nohin to me.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next ? to use "faceless" as an insult should be sued by Gee757.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall no-signed da ? out the ¨jay electronica¨post... I ? with ? , but da ? overhyped. Last week we had a poll on who was the best lyricist between him ,lupe, kdot, and cole , and da ? jay electronica won lol.. Dis ? is damn near 40 with not one album...... Yall praising this ? alil too much man.. Thats like saying Lebron was the best in the NBA before he stepped on the court

co-sign da bolded man i'll neva forget when a list had da biggest rappers who represent New Orleans nd ? chose him ova Mystikal im like dude aint even drop an album yet gtfoh lol
  • NoCompetition
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Next ? to use "faceless" as an insult should be sued by Gee757.

Not an insult dude. I aint that dude. I aint miserable or bitter. Life's good. Just callin it how it is. Nobody moves me on here. I aint mad. If this site makes you mad you got a problem. Im way past that.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Shut the ? up.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ a canibus stan posting in here

Yet, there is no rebuttal to anything I posted.

Interesting.

• b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ rebutting something a canibus stan says
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    lmao @ a canibus stan posting in here

Yet, there is no rebuttal to anything I posted.

Interesting.

Canibus is an aquired taste nd is boring as hell to da masses lol u kno these things he's not a hitmaker dawg
  • thefocusman2
    thefocusman2 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    Lupe owns this thread. Only time i've heard people talking bout he's one of the best of all time and he has two classics are on this forum. Period.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco... owns this ? ...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no such thing as being hyped up on the internet
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Slaughterhouse...Im a fan but they have nothing but a internet fanbase

Canibus..lmao at this guy career

and Kendrick Lamar...cant ? with him..im reminded too much of Lupe and I think Lupe music sucks though he is selling
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    Im a canibus fan!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Joe Buddens

Thread/
    This is funny, since it's coming from somebody that worships 2pac like he's the second coming of Jesus. I bet you hold cult ceremonies where you repetitiously chant his name around a ring of fire.

To answer the t/s question though I seriously think some rappers are over hyped by online stans.

? didnt I tell u not to quote me... Get off my ?
    and stop following me in every thread

Ironic post you literally quote me/name drop me daily take your own advice
    Sion. wrote: »
    Rick Ross owns this LOLOL, here's a guy who on the internet you'd think he was a megastar but offline, can never really get the sales to match the hype. Lyrically he's subpar (if that), relies heavily on features with major artists and still can't crossover.

False.I dont bump ross at all but he gets tick heavy in the streets/club/parties/social functions but your geek ass obviously wouldn't know that who cares about sales

'LOLOLOLLLOLOOOOLOLOLLLLOL' Fucc outta here
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    kendrick

don't get me wrong, dude can spit. but people act like he's the second coming of jesus or something
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the better term here is "overrated" by the internet. ? after all WE'RE ALL HIP HOP HEADS here. Of course we're going to hear and talk about certain acts before the general public does.

But anyway:

MF Doom-I bought Madvilliany off of the strength of ? clamoring about it and nearly cut my ears off when I bumped it in the car.

Nas-Love Nas. My 2nd favorite rapper of all time. But his lyrical ability isn't greater than the other guys he's compared too (Jay, Big,), he just excels at a different aspect of rapping (storytelling and imagery). Plus, he always has lacked the energy and excitement that Jay has.

Lil B

Eminem

Slaughterhouse

• Ear2DaSt
    Options
    yall aint talkin bout nothin the radio and. t.v. don't push for the most part!
  • jayeight
    jayeight Members Posts: 119
    edited October 2012
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Slaughterhouse...Im a fan but they have nothing but a internet fanbase

and Kendrick Lamar...cant ? with him..im reminded too much of Lupe and I think Lupe music sucks though he is selling

Nah you can hear influences from Lupe here and there.. But Kendrick is on some other ? though, he's just so similiar to Lupe because of the wisdom and complexity of the lyrics.But Kendrick brings something way more different. Especially with TDE, he's mad sick but to be honest...

I dont think he can rlly ? with Lupe as a MC right now. I just checked Lupe's "Around my way" viddie and some other classic ? , I just think Lupe's More developed as a rapper. But Kendrick definately comes close to him because artisticly, Kendrick's mad ill.

But aside from that, i agree and at the same time have to disagree with your opinion on Lupe's music, i agree that not every record Lupe made is really necessary for replayi. But he made some serious heaters man and it sounds like alot of effort was put into it (unlike worldstar music). Like around my way for example.

And why you aint feeling Kendrick? wasnt recipe cool 2 u ?