Classic Or Not Vol 25 (Halloween Edition)............When The Smoke Clears............(Heated Race!)

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    i wouldnt have voted for soul food either, but thats just me, i did expect it to make it in the vault tho.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    No
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    so let me get this straight soul food is NOT a classis but THIS is classic? smh.

because whoever voted against soul food is a ?

& they BOTH are Hip Hop classics

i don't think soul food is a classic. i'm just saying that soul food>>when the smoke clears
    so let me get this straight soul food is NOT a classis but THIS is classic? smh.

Chill out bruh. People are gonna have different opinions than you. It's a forum for ? 's sake.

i'm expressing my opinion on this message board. no different than anybody else in this thread.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    @Jamaica and @SiriuslyHiii stay catching feelings. You lost three Six Mafia are dope period.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    so let me get this straight soul food is NOT a classic but THIS is classic? smh.

I voted against both.
    This album should swap with Trap Muzik to cure the injustice TM101 received

I voted against that too *shrugs*
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    2 of my favorite albums of alltime , ¨Eminem show¨and ¨the carter 2¨, practically got no votes, so there´s really nothing that suprises me concerning these polls....
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    @Jamaica and @SiriuslyHiii stay catching feelings. You lost three Six Mafia are dope period.

The votes are split tho. I'm obviously not the only one that's saying it don't belong in the vault.
  • jono
    Options
    No
    We need 6 votes for the right outcome.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    another album folks try to discredit w/ the "regional classic" smh

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    If it's from the South it's a "regional classic".
  • jono
    Options
    No
    SwampNigga wrote: »

If "classic" means OLD then yeah this album is "classic" but I thought we talking high quality over a decade, it seems to me like Southern ? just voting for this because its Southern.....can't say that though cuz a ? will get "wacked" and "no-signed" to death.

Southern ? aint no different than NY ? , they think everything they make is "classic".
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yes
    The Carter 2 wasnt nearly this close in votes.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    only because Chapter 2: World ? is more of a classic to me. before they shifted their sound slightly. and i just can't give 3 6 two 'classic albums'
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    If u did another Carter 2 recount guran damn t. U it would go in or ill eat Bacon an kiss a white woman
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    jono wrote: »

If "classic" means OLD then yeah this album is "classic" but I thought we talking high quality over a decade, it seems to me like Southern ? just voting for this because its Southern.....can't say that though cuz a ? will get "wacked" and "no-signed" to death.

Southern ? aint no different than NY ? , they think everything they make is "classic".

this is quality ? , it has nothing to do wit being from the south, i guess every classic gotta be rappity rap lyrical miracle ? huh
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    Yes
    jono wrote: »

? how you gon critique some ? you don't listen to.

I be damn if i'm bout to tell you Reflection Eternal or Like water for chocolate or some ? ain't a classic.

This album had ? on smash when it dropped everybody was ? wit this ? and you ain't gotta skip ? . Sound like a classic to me. If you ask for impact, the whole game sound like this album today, ? in the underground and the mainstream. You speakin form a far.
  • Matt-
    Options
    No
    and i don't think it makes much sense to say that this album is a regional classic when this was their most "mainstream" album. the regional classics would be the ? that actually got people in the region listening to them in the first place
  • Matt-
    Options
    No
    but i understand my opinion here doesn't mean ?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    Yay Hoe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq6d37k1PhA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNyjyaaOMn8

Album leavin footprints in the sand and ? like that thaarr.
  • Brian B.
    Options
    Yes
    matt- wrote: »
    only because Chapter 2: World ? is more of a classic to me. before they shifted their sound slightly. and i just can't give 3 6 two 'classic albums'

yet another way to discredit

"they already made an album just as good that I think is classic, so I can't give them 2 classics" smh

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Can someone who voted 'yes' explain to me HOW this album is classic besides "every song is dope".
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Is this the most feelings caught in a classic or not thread to date?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Yes
    sully wrote: »
    Can someone who voted 'yes' explain to me HOW this album is classic besides "every song is dope".

? really have to have more reason than this for it to b classic to them?
  • Brian B.
    Options
    Yes

what else is there to explain?

if someone feels every song is jammin, how is it hard to see them sayin it's classic?

Jus cuz you don't agree?

I've seen folks on here call albums classic & even say there's a song or two they don't like.. can you explain that?
  • jayeight
    jayeight Members Posts: 119
    Options
    Yes
    It got ? C in it :P
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Brian B. wrote: »

I've seen folks on here call albums classic & even say there's a song or two they don't like.. can you explain that?

Influence on the genre as a whole.
This discussion has been closed.