Classic Or Not Vol 25 (Halloween Edition)............When The Smoke Clears............(Heated Race!)

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    lol ? damn the poll is tied lmao
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Is this the most feelings caught in a classic or not thread to date?

Between this and Trap Muzik by far

Technically its 25-24 YES cause I caught an alias of somebody who already voted NO last night so Im not counting that ? . Going to 30 so ? dont think im trynna cheat
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Brian B. wrote: »
    matt- wrote: »
    only because Chapter 2: World ? is more of a classic to me. before they shifted their sound slightly. and i just can't give 3 6 two 'classic albums'

yet another way to discredit

"they already made an album just as good that I think is classic, so I can't give them 2 classics" smh

i did say that 3 6 isn't worthy of having 2 classic albums. but that was a separate point. why are you making up ? that i didn't say. i said World ? was MORE of a classic. i never said that both albums were equally as good. now i see why people always ? on the reason.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

Technically its 25-24 YES cause I caught an alias of somebody who already voted NO last night so Im not counting that ? . Going to 30 so ? dont think im trynna cheat

That ? ain't fair. If you said a 25 count in a close race is a win then this needs to be in the vault. Don't bend the rules
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes
    Ive never had to deal with an alias voting either, for all I know NO couldve reached 25 before YES did overnight. Think Im doing the right thing by extending it to 30 and not counting that alias NO vote.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

U cheating ass....every vote counts ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    dope ass cd but it's not a classic everybody was bumping this cd heavy round the way
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    If somebody had to create an alias to vote "No", not only is that lame as hell, but they real vote should be disqualified as well
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes
    ptowndonte wrote: »

That ? ain't fair. If you said a 25 count in a close race is a win then this needs to be in the vault. Don't bend the rules

U cheating ass....every vote counts ?

See its a lose/lose for me either way lol
  • Matt-
    Options
    No
    this ? is personal huh?
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes
    this ? is personal huh?

I dont mind, makes for more interesting conversation. I know these last 5 votes either way are gonna take forever tho smh
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    sully wrote: »
    sully wrote: »
    Can someone who voted 'yes' explain to me HOW this album is classic besides "every song is dope".

I've seen folks on here call albums classic & even say there's a song or two they don't like.. can you explain that?

Influence on the genre as a whole.

Lmao.. basically what other folks think.. so, even if you don't like 1/2 the songs on a said "classic", but is heralded as one by everybody else, you say it is by default? Haha
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    only because Chapter 2: World ? is more of a classic to me. before they shifted their sound slightly. and i just can't give 3 6 two 'classic albums'

"they already made an album just as good that I think is classic, so I can't give them 2 classics" smh

i did say that 3 6 isn't worthy of having 2 classic albums. but that was a separate point. why are you making up ? that i didn't say. i said World ? was MORE of a classic. i never said that both albums were equally as good. now i see why people always ? on the reason.

Lol I kno you didn't exactly say that, but the logic is used on here

"They already got a classic that's just as good, if not better, so I can't give them another classic"

is that better?

& why do some of yall bring up reasons to credit/discredit that have nothing to do w/ the music on said album being discussed?

"so & so dropped a better album that year"
    "the impact it had"
    "The amount it sold"
    "but, they already have 1 classic"

haha

some of yall in here even say "music is subjective"

so, wouldn't that make classics too?
  • Matt-
    Options
    No

Lol I kno you didn't exactly say that, but the logic is used on here

"They already got a classic that's just as good, if not better, so I can't give them another classic"

is that better?

& why do some of yall bring up reasons to credit/discredit that have nothing to do w/ the music on said album being discussed?

"so & so dropped a better album that year"
    "the impact it had"
    "The amount it sold"
    "but, they already have 1 classic"

haha

i don't know really. i admit, there isn't much logic involved other than classic is thrown around way too loosely so if i had to give a classic status to a 3-6 album, it would be world ? . not both world ? AND when the smoke clears. WD is a better album imo, but i'm pretty much a southern street dude raised on this ? so i watched them elvolve as a group and WD was sort of the peak for them using their orginal sound. But i can see how the mainstream would gravitate more towards when the smoke clears.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    IF THIS IS A CLASSIC, THEN GETTY GREEN AND MISTA DONT PLAY SHOULD BE IN THE RAP HALL OF FAME!
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    Yea, we need to make a poll for those too. Both classics imo.
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes
    IF THIS IS A CLASSIC, THEN GETTY GREEN AND MISTA DONT PLAY SHOULD BE IN THE RAP HALL OF FAME!

^^^Proof that southern ? are voting NO as well.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

Mista Don't Play is classic I don't give a ?
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    25 to 26, no. of this is a true classic, why is the doubt about it sooo overwhelming
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

You slick gotta debate with Mista Don't Play because that's the 2nd hardest album to come out under Hypnotized Minds but When The Smoke Clears>>>>>>>>>Ghetty Green
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    i was 50/50 on ghetty green. ? was just average But mista don't play was a beast i never thought it was a classic but a strong 4/5 album
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yes
    Shoulda been closed along time ago stop playing @icecoldstew

Throw in the Hall
  • Stew
    Options
    Yes
    Its 26-26, need 30. I already explained why