Why I raise my children without ? .

Options

Comments

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let the
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Believes ? doesn't exist but doesn't have proof.

Believes ? is real and exist but doesn't have proof.

Same group of people no matter how you look at it.

Not at all simpleton. This quote and du's quote about "education making people stupid" has to be some of the dumbest ? ive read on this site.

The only difference between an athiest and a believer is one party blindly believes you have a ferrari while the other party tells you to prove it, and if you can't; doesnt believe you.

Outside of proof there is no reason to believe anything.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a fake ass ? yo
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    plus they real as ? at my church...

one of the Reverends said some ? one day that i'm positive is a rap lyric... she was on some

"everybody wanna go to heaven...but nobody ready to die"

? had me in church like

oC0Gq.gif

if this 70 year old chick don't get outta here sounding like tupac n ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally, I think "gods works" are a placebo effect on a persons mind.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    So what values,morals, and overall identity are you instilling in your seed .

These can be instilled without a bible, not every culture has had a Christian bible and followed these rules. Not all of them have had the same idea of "? ".

One says do not murder, the other requires human sacrifices.

? is different for all people.

I teach my kids good "morals", but it has nothing to do w the bible.

even tho I typed a period it was a question , what values do you instill in your children ? of course you can have

values, morals, and an identity without the bible. What exactly do you consider good morals?
  • Lot86
    Lot86 Members Posts: 34
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Getting into these threads always suck for me, being Muslim, trying to prove my points, I end up going against EVERYONE, Atheists and Christians, everything Atheists use in their arguments is the point of Christian views. But neither though I have gone against whole sites numerous times, I tend to fall back now.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »

one of the Reverends said some ? one day that i'm positive is a rap lyric... she was on some

oC0Gq.gif

avon2-o.gif
    1 Timothy 2:11-12

Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Believes ? doesn't exist but doesn't have proof.

Believes ? is real and exist but doesn't have proof.

Same group of people no matter how you look at it.

The burden on proof is on the claimers.

How many times must we go through this?

Do I have to have proof to disbelieve in santa, loch ness monster, odin, thor with his hammer, the ghost that never lies and etc.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Even when you walk around humble, charitable, and full joy and optimism...
    people assume your the manifestation of a light weight Jesus..

Even after you tell them your an atheist..

in their eyes every thing that is "good" and right is a pure reflection of "? "...
    Some people just dont get it.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lot86 wrote: »
    Getting into these threads always suck for me, being Muslim, trying to prove my points, I end up going against EVERYONE, Atheists and Christiansquote]

aye just keep that ? on the net aight?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    Ahh Yes...but there was a time when there was not proof and if u were to say those things in public ud be put in a straight jacket

But there was reason for someone to come up with those things, there is proof for the claim of a "giant ball of gas", as one just simply needs to look out at. They may not agree w the argument, but the fact that you can point at it and say "that's what I'm talking about", cannot be denied.

Some people claim ? is simply the universe, not an actual being. ? is a title, that's all. I don't believe in an actual being that is "? ", I don't think anything was created. I also don't label things "? " in the universe, things to me are just.
    seeing the sun was not proof of what it was...everyone has their own interpretations of what ? is and what forms he takes...who are u to tell them their wrong
    I dont think the human race is advanced enough to be saying for a fact if omnipotent beings exist or not....we still rage war against one another over money and religion

Your not giving humans much credit.
    I'm not saying humans are incapable of error...

but I honestly think that the idea of a supreme being has been elevated to (for whatever reason) an unfathomable incomprehensible level.

for no reason at all... NONE

but if you actually think about how far we have come and how far we have advanced...its ridiculous..

I agree, We our are own worst enemy. We could solve any and every problem in this world ... and the ones we can't solve.. we can prepare for...

but thats to easy.. Humans are a scaredy batch
    so...

if there is a supreme being wouldnt he be incomprehensible to us?
  • Lot86
    Lot86 Members Posts: 34
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    aye just keep that ? on the net aight?

Haha, aight bet
  • VIBE
    Options
    So what values,morals, and overall identity are you instilling in your seed .

These can be instilled without a bible, not every culture has had a Christian bible and followed these rules. Not all of them have had the same idea of "? ".

One says do not murder, the other requires human sacrifices.

? is different for all people.

I teach my kids good "morals", but it has nothing to do w the bible.

even tho I typed a period it was a question , what values do you instill in your children ? of course you can have

values, morals, and an identity without the bible. What exactly do you consider good morals?

I teach them to love, not hate. That we don't need to agree with a lifestyle, but respect it. Such as homosexuality; I teach them not to hate or slander them, but let it be.

I teach them respect, having responsibility for themselves and their actions. I teach them gratitude. I teach them rights and wrongs.

They're young though, 8 and under, so they haven't grasped all of this yet.

Once in a whole they say "bad" words, I don't get on them much, as I don't see them as "bad" words, but I do let them know that those words offend other people and they won't react like I do, so it's better not to say them as children for now.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    My bad, the ghost that never lies isn't a deity.

So, I will use him to prove my point.
  • Shuffington
    edited January 2013
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    No disrespect to all my fellow IC constituents but I dont think you understand the POV of an atheist...(using and atheist as an example)

•first of all... to a theist (if your a theist) ANY! and I mean ANY.. big or little criticism against a ? that you love.. That you've built your life around...will always feel and sound like an attack.
    • Secondly...do you realize that atheist are surrounded by theist all damn day .. 75% being christian in the states.. right.. We gotta hear about this ? ? all damn day from everywhere!.. ... We cant escape that ? ... N*ggas be on facebook talking that ? or praising ? at the award shows (like nygga get outta here wts.) We gotta hear that ? from a bunch of hypocritical mafuckas.... like clearly you obviously in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM live your life Christ like...(all you do is pray when you need some ? ) but who am I to judge.

Its like a black man trying to escape the essence of racism or some ? .

So yeah it may seem like Atheist are pushy (and some are because theres always a fringe element within a certain group) but nyggas finally can actually speak out without feeling shunned... especially in the Black community where people love them some ? and jesus.

"Look at you, emotional."

I'm sorry you feel 'shunned' Lol smh But forreal, that confirms my belief: a lot of atheists carry the burden of ya moms/pastor/priest/religious uncle with you every time you post. Yall asume every Theist looks like this:

judge-wagging-finger-255x300.jpg

Thats some abused woman logic. You grown now! smh Do you, beloved Lol Look around- you're far from a minority in these days n times..ESPECIALLY on the net.

You have me confused with some other pushy atheist.
    If theres an opportunity to speak on it then sure... I'll drop a line..

but I typically like to discuss topics like this with adults.
    If you drop a joke about my beliefs(or lack there of) that I think is funny.. I will laugh cause to me comedy trumps all...
    But from my experiences.. the people who are willing to engage are heading out of the world of cold hearted theism

lol @ being far from a minority...
    I dont know what world you live in.

• Copper
    Options
    whether u believe in ? or not u gotta admit the argument that he doesnt exist because bad things happen and we cant see him is a pretty weak stupid argument...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Supernatural being is made up by humans who thought and still think they're the center of universe by bronze age folks and etc.

People believe in supernatural claims should be laughed at.

Point blank period.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Du_Du wrote: »

oC0Gq.gif

avon2-o.gif
    1 Timothy 2:11-12

Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

I guess its to be orderly but it does sound like sit down baby maker, that is your primary job in life. That seems lifeless.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whether u believe in ? or not u gotta admit the argument that he doesnt exist because bad things happen and we cant see him is a pretty weak stupid argument...

You mean likes chemo patients being cured of cancer and it's a miracle from ? even though they under went chemo therapy?
  • VIBE
    Options

I can agree that it is, if it is your only reasoning. If you can include other reasons, then I can see a point being made.

My reasoning is simply ? itself doesn't make sense, if you use logic on any ? , especially the bible ? , it cancels itself out.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    No disrespect to all my fellow IC constituents but I dont think you understand the POV of an atheist...(using and atheist as an example)

•first of all... to a theist (if your a theist) ANY! and I mean ANY.. big or little criticism against a ? that you love.. That you've built your life around...will always feel and sound like an attack.
    • Secondly...do you realize that atheist are surrounded by theist all damn day .. 75% being christian in the states.. right.. We gotta hear about this ? ? all damn day from everywhere!.. ... We cant escape that ? ... N*ggas be on facebook talking that ? or praising ? at the award shows (like nygga get outta here wts.) We gotta hear that ? from a bunch of hypocritical mafuckas.... like clearly you obviously in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM live your life Christ like...(all you do is pray when you need some ? ) but who am I to judge.

Its like a black man trying to escape the essence of racism or some ? .

So yeah it may seem like Atheist are pushy (and some are because theres always a fringe element within a certain group) but nyggas finally can actually speak out without feeling shunned... especially in the Black community where people love them some ? and jesus.

"Look at you, emotional."

I'm sorry you feel 'shunned' Lol smh But forreal, that confirms my belief: a lot of atheists carry the burden of ya moms/pastor/priest/religious uncle with you every time you post. Yall asume every Theist looks like this:

judge-wagging-finger-255x300.jpg

Thats some abused woman logic. You grown now! smh Do you, beloved Lol Look around- you're far from a minority in these days n times..ESPECIALLY on the net.

You have me confused with some other pushy atheist.
    If theres an opportunity to speak on it then sure... I'll drop a line..

but I typically like to discuss topics like this with adults.
    If you drop a joke about my beliefs(or lack there of) that I think is funny.. I will laugh cause to me comedy trumps all...
    But from my experiences.. the people who are willing to engage are heading out of the world of cold hearted theism

lol @ being far from a minority...
    I dont know what world you live in.

Uh, this one:
    Poll shows atheism on the rise in the U.S.By Kimberly Winston| Religion News Service,August 13, 2012

Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll.

The poll, called “The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism,” found that the number of Americans who say they are “religious” dropped from 73 percent in 2005 (the last time the poll was conducted) to 60 percent.
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-08-13/national/35491519_1_new-atheism-atheist-groups-new-atheists

Yea u right, that 60/40 split must make it a cold, cold world to live in.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I dont think the human race is advanced enough to be saying for a fact if omnipotent beings exist or not....we still rage war against one another over money and religion
    Sure they are yo.

The only thing supporting the claim that "supernatural" beings exist is the claim that "supernatural" beings exist.

If humans applied such circular reasoning to everything, they'd have to be agnostic about an infinite number of claims that others come up with.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i think carl sagan said it the best i've ever heard

"An atheist is someone who is certain that ? does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of ? . I know of no such compelling evidence..."
    His argument fails because the claim of the "supernatural" is an unscientific one. So by the very nature of the claim, evidence can't be compiled for or against it.

Such claims don't automatically get a status quo of "true" or "valid" simply because someone comes up with them.

My reasoning stands correctly and Carl Sagan stands because all you are saying is you have proof of your beliefs in which you don't because you can't see it. Your logical fallacies are showing. All in all is that we don't know because we can't approve or disapprove ? exists. Until we can actually travel through hyperspace and know what is there to know about the universe we wouldn't have the capacity to express such a belief is actually true.
    I actually said the opposite of this b:
    His argument fails because the claim of the "supernatural" is an unscientific one. So by the very nature of the claim, evidence can't be compiled for or against it.

Such claims don't automatically get a status quo of "true" or "valid" simply because someone comes up with them.

Unscientific claims are untestable, so there will never be any proof for or against them.

So the claim that "supernatural" beings exists has the same weight as the claim that a giant objectively unobservable\unmeasurable teapot orbits the sun between Earth and Mars; which has the same weight as any other unscientific claim.

You said it's "arrogant" to dismiss such claims; if so, it is also "arrogant" to consider anything to be "false" or "true".
  • Copper
    Options

You mean likes chemo patients being cured of cancer and it's a miracle from ? even though they under went chemo therapy?
    exactly.... but this is an atheist thread not a why ? exist thread
  • Shuffington
    edited January 2013
    Options

if there is a supreme being wouldnt he be incomprehensible to us?

Your providing the answer before you even provide the question.

This discussion has been closed.